Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18

Author Topic: Not-So-Beginner Mafia 4: Game over! Scum victory!  (Read 35814 times)

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
Re: Not-So-Beginner Mafia 4: Day 3 - Supernova
« Reply #210 on: May 07, 2014, 03:14:26 pm »

Andrew couldn't handle pressure well, and he was under a lot of pressure.  He eventually charged towards the airlock at a high speed, in an apparent attempt to kill himself.  Through that charge, he painfully discovered that the airlock has a strong metal door.  Suicide by leaving the ship was not an option.

Votecount:
*MyOwnWorstEnemy - (0)
*Tiruin - (0)
*flabort - Andrew425, Tack (2)
*Andrew425 - flabort, The Soldier, MyOwnWorstEnemy (3)
*The Soldier - (0)
*Tack - (0)
No Lynch - (0)
Not Voting: Tiruin

Votes to end day - (0)

As it is MYLO, Day 3 will end after 24 non-weekend hours without any change in votes between votecounts, or after >50% of the remaining players (4 players) vote for the day to end.

That being said, if the mod would let me I would gladly have my character jump out the airlock and prove that I was the cop so that you guys can lynch flabort today.
Andrew425: That would be a game-breaking ability (imagine every townie, when about to be lynched, just killing themselves and letting the day continue with a free lynch).  So, no suicide like that.  If you really want to commit suicide, however, you can self-vote and also vote for the day to end.  That would be closer, though slow.
Note: I really don't recommend self-voting.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: May 07, 2014, 03:16:21 pm »

Also, Tack: No editing in Mafia.

I saw your first edited post pre-edit, at least, and it's the same as far as I can tell.  Somehow, I doubt the second one is what it was pre-edit, though.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Andrew425

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: May 07, 2014, 03:23:56 pm »

It's MYLO today, bro.

Yes, my hypothetical was about if we did a no lynch. If we did lynch flabort I fully expect to be killed tonight.

Jack A T
Andrew425: That would be a game-breaking ability (imagine every townie, when about to be lynched, just killing themselves and letting the day continue with a free lynch).  So, no suicide like that.  If you really want to commit suicide, however, you can self-vote and also vote for the day to end.  That would be closer, though slow

Well that's disappointing.
May the mass times acceleration be with you

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 07, 2014, 06:51:13 pm »

flabort:
The Soldier
What does your gut say about Tack, Tiruin, and MOWE, the three players not under the microscope who aren't you?
Basically, RL sucks and it makes people hard to read because they aren't there.
True that. I'm not here as often as I'd like to reply to stuff, but with 6 players averaging 5 posts per RL day up to now...
The discrepancies in his logic in regard to his choice in target are pretty glaring, and it's interesting that he never pressured or went after inactive players after saying that inactivity is the most important scumtell to look out for.[/color].
Somehow I missed that fact. However, given that almost everyone (excepting yourself, Pisskop, and recent activity) has been inactive, that actually reduces the impact of that point.

flabort: Why didn't you poke on the idea that either of you would kill the other if scum? :v
...Andrew: Why aren't you saying that, if you're scum, you'd hit flabort. And if he was scum, he'd hit you? Why all the talk about Tack?
I almost didn't understand the question, except for the fact that you basically reworded the question for Andrew. In response, I present the following quote from myself:
Query again: What does everyone think of a no lynch?
I think that while it buys town time to think, and it gets time for the (real) cop to investigate again, we have as much of the first as we need if we just shift a vote or two every 12 hours, and the second would be easily negated by the scum. Scum actually gain just as much advantage from a no lynch. They get their night kill, and would probably avoid killing anyone who could serve as a decoy, or get the cop. If they did the former, we'd be where we were before the no lynch, only one active scum hunter shorter; unless the cop got really lucky. If they did the latter, town would get the scum cop, but then we'd be in the same situation, but now without the cop's extra investigate.
In other words, I think that if a no vote occurred, it would be more to scum's advantage as a team to kill the cop, and then bus their fake cop, then it would be to kill someone else. Therefor, if I were scum, that would probably be my strategy. So I DID poke on that idea.

Why do you want to know what we would do if we were scum? It can pretty much be deduced from everything else we've both already said.

...Andrew: Why aren't you saying that, if you're scum, you'd hit flabort. And if he was scum, he'd hit you? Why all the talk about Tack?

Because if he kills me during the night I'd flip as cop thus ensuring he'd get lynched the next day. By killing Tack he would remove a known town from our team while still  being able to cast doubt on who the cop really is.
I'm not sure what to think of this line of logic, after already saying it's more to scums advantage in the event of a no lynch to kill the cop, go through the motions of another day, and then kill someone else to take the game to a three person LYLO?
By killing me, you'd remove the town's only chance of getting another investigation off, get bussed, and then the game would be in a better position for you and your buddy, even though you'd be dead.
Because if you're dead, and your team wins, you still win. The only reason scum not offing the cop in the hypothetical no lynch would be advantageous to you is if you believe that you can't win if you die. And you believe that because you tried to buddy your scum buddy to protect them, before I claimed. Therefore, you have to stick to your "Tack is Town" theory, and if you get killed and flipped scum, town will go after Tack; since town will go after Tack, you'd lose if you killed me at night.
If the inverse were true, that I killed you at night, Town would have 2 targets; It is believed that I'm buddying The Soldier "To hard" for both of us to be scum, and one of the others would be dead. Unless The Soldier were killed night 4.

Oh, wait, I just cleared up my own confusion over your logic. You would target someone other than me at night to protect Tack, I would target you at night to obscure my buddy. Which means that if we No Lynch, it would be obvious which team were scum by who dies at night.
However, only if I were scum would either of us gain any advantage out of a no lynch. Your scum team would be totally defeated if a No Lynch occurred. My scum team would be completely obscured if a no lynch occurred.

Therefor, by realizing what your own logic means, that town actually has the advantage if you're scum and we no lynch, I've just realized that no matter which of us is scum, I now want a No Lynch.

Note: I really don't recommend self-voting.
Neither would I.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 07, 2014, 08:02:15 pm »

So much -snip-.
You seem to have not actually read into my words- You're hunting with assumption of cop- You ask both who they'd cop and why, and attempt to lynch whoever picked most illogically.
Whereas I'm hunting via assumption of scum. I assume both are lying, and try to deduce the processes behind those lies.
Between that and the fact that flabort conveniently doesn't have an aggressor, I'd normally be willing to bet on him.

However:
The only thing I can think of right now is that throughout day two I had attempted to protect Tack from criticism.
To me, seems to be untrue.

I was only ever mentioned once:
Tack - Slight Scum lean - I'm trying to decide if Tack's vote is more of a hey i'm busy vote or a feeble attempt at active lurking
So I'm inclined to disbelieve Andrew now.
Unvote
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 07, 2014, 08:50:23 pm »

So much -snip-.
You seem to have not actually read into my words- You're hunting with assumption of cop- You ask both who they'd cop and why, and attempt to lynch whoever picked most illogically.
Whereas I'm hunting via assumption of scum. I assume both are lying, and try to deduce the processes behind those lies.
Between that and the fact that flabort conveniently doesn't have an aggressor, I'd normally be willing to bet on him.
o_o
Whaa?
Ok, while that scenario is valid, it would be a whole loss on the scumteam side (and the only plausible benefit for TOWNY POINTS) that such would happen. While there is no previous danger, it seems, to both people (well, mainly flabort given that vote-tie yesterday :v), it-...
Could you explain the case if both are lying?

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 08, 2014, 01:44:01 pm »

Summer break at last.  8)

Andrew:
On the first night I investigated Tack. He is Town
If the above is true, why did you say the following on D2?
Tack - Slight Scum lean - I'm trying to decide if Tack's vote is more of a hey i'm busy vote or a feeble attempt at active lurking
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 08, 2014, 01:51:08 pm »

Votecount:
*MyOwnWorstEnemy - (0)
*Tiruin - (0)
*flabort - Andrew425 (1)
*Andrew425 - The Soldier, MyOwnWorstEnemy (2)
*The Soldier - (0)
*Tack - (0)
No Lynch - flabort (1)
Not Voting: Tiruin, Tack

Votes to end day - (0)

As it is MYLO, Day 3 will end after 24 non-weekend hours without any change in votes between votecounts, or after >50% of the remaining players (4 players) vote for the day to end.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Andrew425

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 08, 2014, 02:17:48 pm »

Summer break at last.  8)

Andrew:
On the first night I investigated Tack. He is Town
If the above is true, why did you say the following on D2?

Because he had targeted Tiruin with little reason. I didn't want to appear to be buddying. I thought slight scum lean was the best I could get away with without drawing more attention to myself or him.

The only thing I can think of right now is that throughout day two I had attempted to protect Tack from criticism.
To me, seems to be untrue.
I was only ever mentioned once:

When giving a read of you I tried to put you in the best light I could. I also am of the opinion that the less your name is bandied around the safer you usually are.

Also Flabort, I don't really know what your bumble of confused logic is trying to say but i'll try.

You're saying that if the town no lynches tonight you'll promise to kill me instead of anyone else?
May the mass times acceleration be with you

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 08, 2014, 03:03:50 pm »

Also Flabort, I don't really know what your bumble of confused logic is trying to say but i'll try.

You're saying that if the town no lynches tonight you'll promise to kill me instead of anyone else?
I'm kinda confused looking at it today too. I tend to type as I think, and sometimes contradict myself in the same paragraph as I come to realizations. However, I remember what I was TRYING to say.

I'm saying that if I were the scum in a No Lynch, it would be more to my advantage to kill you at night than anyone else, so yes.
If you were the scum in a No Lynch, killing me would not be to your advantage because you buddied Tack, my move if I were scum is guaranteed so if you're scum unless you kill yourself you'd be the next target, and he's probably the other scum and would die the next day.
If you were the scum in a No Lynch and Tack is not your buddy, since you seem to think he's the prime target he'd not die anyways.

However,
If you're scum and we lynch you, though, town is at an even greater advantage than a no lynch.
If you're not scum and we lynch you, that would mean I'm scum and would win.
If you're scum and we lynch me, that would mean you would win.
If you're not scum and we lynch me, that would mean town would have no one to target.

So the no lynch is a lower risk solution for me now that I've thought more about it, whether I'm town or scum; less odds of town instantly losing, higher odds that whichever side I'm on wins. I'd still like to lynch you since only one of us can be town, and I'm it, but logic says it's safer for town to no lynch, and I'd be more willing to go with town than you'd be.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: May 09, 2014, 02:28:39 am »

This is a 12 hour warning.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: May 09, 2014, 01:34:29 pm »

This is a 25 minute warning.

Votecount:
*MyOwnWorstEnemy - (0)
*Tiruin - (0)
*flabort - Andrew425 (1)
*The Soldier - (0)
*Tack - (0)
No Lynch - flabort (1)

Votes to end day - (0)
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: May 09, 2014, 02:03:32 pm »

Day 3 has ended!  The writeup will come soon.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Not-So-Beginner Mafia 4: Game over! Scum victory!
« Reply #223 on: May 09, 2014, 03:44:06 pm »

On the advice of flabort, The Soldier and MyOwnWorstEnemy took Andrew425's personal keycard and forcibly helped him exit the ship.  This experience was as lethal for Andrew as he expected.

Next was the standard search of the dead's room.  Tiruin's suggestion to have the searchers be her and The Soldier was accepted, and the two left the mess hall with the keycard.  Opening Andrew's door revealed a plain, simple room.  The only item in it beyond the basic furnishings and Andrew's clothes was a high-end computer.  The Soldier, looking through the files on said computer, discovered that Andrew425 had used the computer to store his detailed notes on each crew member, including thorough records of room searches.

By the time The Soldier had finished reading these notes, Tiruin had a gun against his head.  She took him back to the mess hall, and fired as soon as they reached the room.  This was a signal for flabort to start fighting.  Two gunshots later, no loyal Alarians remained alive on the Ward.

Tiruin located the sealed letter she and flabort were to intercept, and opened it.  The message seemed simple: five pages of pictures of cats, with each picture having a poorly-spelled caption meant to show what the cat is thinking.

After looking through the message, Tiruin stated her initial thoughts.  "This must be some kind of code. Aww, cute!"

Flabort responded, saying, "We should scan it and transmit it to our employers immediately."

They did so.  After that, they flew the Ward in the general direction of the Hall Empire, hoping to escape...

Meanwhile, in his mansion, Alarian Prime Minister Peter Ward wondered why his friend Harris was taking so long to send his usual letter.  Peter rather enjoyed looking at the cute cats and tended to laugh at the poorly spelled captions.

Day 3 is still over!
Votecount:
*MyOwnWorstEnemy - (0)
*Tiruin - (0)
*flabort - Andrew425 (1)
*The Soldier - (0)
*Tack - (0)
No Lynch - flabort (1)

Andrew425 has committed highly assisted suicide!  Andrew425 was the cop.
The Soldier, Tack, and MyOwnWorstEnemy have been shot to death!  They were vanilla townies!

Flabort and Tiruin, the mafia, have won!

Night Actions: Night 1, Andrew425 inspected Tack, Persus13 killed 4maskwolf, and Tiruin inspected Tack.  Night 2, Andrew425 inspected TheDarkStar, flabort killed TheDarkStar, and Tiruin inspected Tack.
Night Flavour:
Spoiler: Night 1 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Night 2 (click to show/hide)

Deadchat
Scumchat
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Not-So-Beginner Mafia 4: Game over! Scum victory!
« Reply #224 on: May 09, 2014, 03:46:29 pm »

Tiruin.  blah :v
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18