Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18

Author Topic: Not-So-Beginner Mafia 4: Game over! Scum victory!  (Read 35882 times)

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Not-So-Beginner Mafia 4: Day 1 - The Intelligence Report
« Reply #90 on: April 22, 2014, 03:55:56 pm »

We need to end this tie no matter what. We don't want to waste day one and lose the info that comes from the lynch.

What is the alternative?

No lynch, and then the scum (who we would be no closer to finding) kill someone. We're down a player while still having only slightly more info that today.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 22, 2014, 03:57:54 pm »

A no-lynch is almost entirely of mafia benefit.  Its better to lynch anyone than nobody.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 22, 2014, 04:03:40 pm »

A no-lynch is almost entirely of mafia benefit.  Its better to lynch anyone than nobody.

That's what I've been saying.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 22, 2014, 04:04:59 pm »

@ Soldier
I think his reactions are scummy.  I don't think he has displayed any overt scumminess, but given the information available he is by far the best choice for lynch.  My vote is unlikely to move.

Particularly this I cite:

'Lynch Andrew bandwagon'? :|

I had intentions pending your answer.  'No, I wouldn't' Doesnt do a lot for me either.  Id hardly call it a popular move yet, either, but your response feels like you are insinuating it is.  Discrediting the wagon at L-3.
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 22, 2014, 06:34:03 pm »

1. I said it because I already got what I wanted out of it. Your voting for me looks like you were waiting for the Soldier to cast the first vote so you could vote me without having to do any of the leg work.

Do you think mafia often wait for others to place the first vote?
At what 'spot' (1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc) do you think mafia jump on a wagon most often?  What 'spot do you think they jump on least often?
PKs DF Mod!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 22, 2014, 06:37:32 pm »

@ Soldier
I think his reactions are scummy.  I don't think he has displayed any overt scumminess, but given the information available he is by far the best choice for lynch.  My vote is unlikely to move.
Quick query and PFP

Why is his reaction scummy compared to, oh say, our reactions?
Why aren't our reactions scummy?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 22, 2014, 06:52:47 pm »

PFP
What does this mean?

-Do you think your actions are scummy?
  I don't find your actions incredibly obvtown, but I see no real reason to suspect you atm.  Perhaps reaction is not as good a choice of words as 'motivation'.

How he chooses to post reflexively, how he chooses to respond to his votes against him, how he chooses to back his votes.  his actions make more sense coming from a mafia mindset.
PKs DF Mod!

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 22, 2014, 07:02:44 pm »

pkop: PFP = Posting from Phone.

Also, it's helpful to use quotes when you're trying to show that someone is scummy.

Andrew425

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 22, 2014, 07:54:59 pm »

Andrew: Is pisskop scum or not? Why?

He's definitely acting scummy. I find anyone who votes for someone who is at that moment voting for them on day one to be saying "Hi I'm not interested in finding scum, I'm only worried about not getting lynched."

The Soldier
How do you feel about this? Do you think pisskop is doing a little bit of a anyone but me voting scheme?

TheDarkStar

You still haven't answered my question.

Do you think mafia often wait for others to place the first vote?
At what 'spot' (1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc) do you think mafia jump on a wagon most often?  What 'spot do you think they jump on least often?

I think inexperienced mafia players often wait for someone else to make the attack so they don't have to do the leg work. As for what spot, I assume one of them would try to get the bandwagon rolling and the other would wait till the end so they can distance each other. The spot I think they jump on least often is the lynching vote for a town player who was going to get lynched anyway.

Everybody else
If you don't vote, the mafia will win, so at least vote somebody.
May the mass times acceleration be with you

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 22, 2014, 08:21:29 pm »

Everybody else
If you don't vote, the mafia will win, so at least vote somebody.
Yo, wait a minute bro: The mafia will win?  Dude, this game has completed exactly 0 days, we have some time left to find the mafia.  We can afford to mislynch twice before going into lylo, more if we have a damn good jailkeep.

*reads the actual votecount*
Okay, that can't stand as is.  A no-lynch is almost always bad.  But we have until *reads timecount*
... fuck.

Okay, looking over the posts, I'll say...

Tack, please enlighten us as to who you think the scum is.

Persus13, same thing

TheDarkStar, your last few posts have been:
We need to end this tie no matter what. We don't want to waste day one and lose the info that comes from the lynch.
Yes, we know that.

What is the alternative?

No lynch, and then the scum (who we would be no closer to finding) kill someone. We're down a player while still having only slightly more info that today.
Same thing, just explained differently.

That's what I've been saying.
This is the third post on this topic we've heard today.

pkop: PFP = Posting from Phone.

Also, it's helpful to use quotes when you're trying to show that someone is scummy.
Okay, that's all well and good, where's the scumhunting?

You are a no-voter espousing the virtues of the lynch in a currently tied vote and not scumhunting in recent post history.  This needs to be remedied.  Why haven't you cast your vote yet?

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 22, 2014, 08:26:45 pm »

Tack: What's your opinion on the Andrew/pisskop dialog? I'll answer afterwards.
I think most good mafia won't be big talkers day 1, and I agree with Andrew there.
That being said, it's easy to get drawn into a dialogue, so that doesn't absolve him, especially if he's not particularly experienced.

If I were to choose between voting Andrew or voting Pisskop, I'd choose neither. They've got less chances of being powerplay scum than one of the background people, so I'd rather take the 3/11 chance and vote someone who isn't in the forefront battle. One might still be scum, but if so, they'd need to be quite inexperienced.
That, to me would be either MyOwnWorstEnemy or Tiruin at this point. 4maskwolf was busy in the early day, and so far The Soldier and TehDarkStah have been pretty busy jumping in the diologue.
Seeing as in all of the games I've seen Tiruin play- namely, one: She doesn't usually play it this cool, I'll throw my vote there and see if it goes to good use.
Ergo, therefore: Tiruin
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 22, 2014, 09:40:35 pm »

4maskwolf: I didn't vote because I wasn't sure who seemed scummy. Over writing this post, I went over the day.

Tack: What's your opinion on the Andrew/pisskop dialog? I'll answer afterwards.
I think most good mafia won't be big talkers day 1, and I agree with Andrew there.
That being said, it's easy to get drawn into a dialogue, so that doesn't absolve him, especially if he's not particularly experienced.

If I were to choose between voting Andrew or voting Pisskop, I'd choose neither. They've got less chances of being powerplay scum than one of the background people, so I'd rather take the 3/11 chance and vote someone who isn't in the forefront battle. One might still be scum, but if so, they'd need to be quite inexperienced.
That, to me would be either MyOwnWorstEnemy or Tiruin at this point. 4maskwolf was busy in the early day, and so far The Soldier and TehDarkStah have been pretty busy jumping in the diologue.
Seeing as in all of the games I've seen Tiruin play- namely, one: She doesn't usually play it this cool, I'll throw my vote there and see if it goes to good use.
Ergo, therefore: Tiruin

That's not that good of a reason to vote, especially since Tiruin has been mostly inactive in other threads over the last couple days, too. I think you're just trying to distract votes from your scumbuddy, Tack.

Andrew: Not that much has happened today, but here are my reads (what alignment I think people are)

MOWE: Unless pkop's scumbuddy, probably town because of being the first to extend the day.
Tiruin: Has talked a lot with pkop and Soldier. Extended, but null read due to the extend being superfluous.
4maskwolf: Town lean because scumhunting.
TheDarkStar: Obviously, I'm town.
Persus: Null read because he has 2 or 3 short posts.
Andrew: Slight scum lean because of some ambiguously-worded posts. He contributes, but hasn't scumhunted.
Soldier: Town lean due to activity and questions. The superfluous extend is unreadable, just like Tiruin's.
Tack: Slight scum lean for an unbacked and meta-based decision on who's scum. Possibly trying to stop a lynch vote on someone else, but the vote on Tiruin would make no sense in that case. I want to hear more from him about his most recent post.
pkop: Reading his posts makes him seem scummy to me, but he hasn't said too much that is outright scummy and he is about as scummy as Andrew. He responds with questions that don't encourage discussion and is focusing to a large extend on getting Andrew lynched, so he's either scum trying to lead a mislynch or a townie who is focusing in on someone while scumhunting. We don't currently have many better reads, so he gets my vote. Also, note that he and Andrew are almost certainly not both scum.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 22, 2014, 09:44:02 pm »

what makes. pkop/Andrew a t/s interaction?
PKs DF Mod!

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 22, 2014, 09:46:21 pm »

what makes. pkop/Andrew a t/s interaction?

Nothing, but it seems more likely in your case than with other people. The other possibility (which is fairly likely) it that you're just focusing on him to a large extent to scumhunt and you're both town, as I said.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 22, 2014, 09:54:59 pm »

So . . . nothing.

Why would you say

Also, note that he and Andrew are almost certainly not both scum
With such certainty if it only appears more likely:

Nothing, but it seems more likely in your case than with other people. The other possibility
than any other pair?  Thats a leap you, as a player of 'not-so-beginner' mafia should know not to make lightly.

It sounds like setting up a D3 lynch. :/

Im FOSing you.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18