Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Do dwarves ever actually "Clean"?  (Read 2826 times)

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Do dwarves ever actually "Clean"?
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2014, 07:31:19 am »

My dwarves seem to clean often, but only inside. Despite literally hundreds of goblins dying in my entrance hallway there is little or no blood there. Outside my fort on the other hand, there is a sea of bloody grass streaking off all the way to the edges of the map. I'm not sure if having tons of soap around effects how often or well dwarves clean but I have a ton.

Soap doesn't matter, dwarfs need no supplies for cleaning. Anyway, that's the way it works right now - cleaning is only ever done on "subterranean dark" squares, nowhere else. Outside areas and aboveground buildings are never cleaned.

klefenz

• Bay Watcher
  • ミク ミク にしてあげる
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2014, 07:56:10 am »

If you really need to clean the outside and have no rain then youll have to do it the dwarven way.

Swonnrr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2014, 08:21:02 am »

Alternatively, there is a DFHACK command that clean all tiles

Koremu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2014, 01:05:47 pm »

My engravers worked too hard on those masterwork images to leave them all manky with gore.

Any dwarf knows that masterful engarvings look a lot better when covered in the blood of slain enemies.
Also Armok is the God of Blood, you should seek to cover all the surfaces of your fort in blood.

I have a question. If I buy the barrels of blood the traders bring, can I release the blood somehow? (Also what the hell is the point of those barrels? Lol)

you can empty the barrel by dumping the contents, but not the barrel. this will produce a glob on the floor. not sure if that glob can spread through foot traffic or not though.

there currently is no job task that requires blood. it gets brought in (and produced) because of "extract from creature" code being used on creatures who only have blood, and no other useful extract.  say for instance, you wanted that syndrome inducing forgotten beast's delightful blue blood in a barrel. you can extract from dead creature to get it, theoretically. that particular reaction is really meant for creatures with venom, like snakes and spiders.

other than being delightfully macabre, there is no use for ordinary animal blood brought by merchants.

I need to figure out how to mod in Black Pudding
It's a dwarf.  Their natural habitat is "trapped on the wrong side of a wall".

Flinging children halfway across the map to land in magma is good, wholesome fun, but extramarital reproduction?  Why, that's just unseemly!

klefenz

• Bay Watcher
  • ミク ミク にしてあげる
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2014, 03:01:13 pm »

And maje it so you can make it out of blood rain.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2014, 05:20:06 pm »

Whenever I have a dwarf beating a friendly or chained creature one or two dwarves run up trying to clean the blood faster than it comes out.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2014, 05:41:23 pm »

I've always had dwarves go and clean up the bloody aftermath of my military killing a FB, AFTER the fight is over of course.

Mr S

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2014, 09:03:54 pm »

And maje it so you can make it out of blood rain.

I just make BLOOD as EDIBLE_COOKED in the default material templates and just sort of assume it to be black pudding or blood sausages as cooking is kind of bland as is.

nttea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2014, 10:52:42 pm »

Set a meeting area covering the places you want to clean, the dwarves will get the hint.
Pages: 1 [2]