Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 22

Author Topic: The Centrian Arena - Gladatorial Management Game [Discontinued]  (Read 19412 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: The Centrian Arena - Gladatorial Management Game [Pre-game]
« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2014, 08:44:24 pm »

Oooh, you take requests?

Could I make a request for advanced level ups for Goblins available past certain levels? :P Just relatively simple stuff, and not huge stat increases, mostly there to allow variety, like Goblin Berserker, Goblin Tamer, Goblin Shaman, etc.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2014, 08:58:42 pm »

Thanks Nerjin, even if I never get in, this looks like it'll be lots of fun to watch.

Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 14, 2014, 09:56:13 pm »

Quote from: Current Purchase Order
Playergamer > Wernher Von Braun the Peasant [Unpopular, From the Coast]
Kj1225 > Bucky the Imp [Contemplative, Well Humoured]
GUNINANRUNIN > Leon the Peasant [Boring, Undisciplined]
MOWE > John the Peasant [Fast Learner, Popular]
Rolepgeek > Jig the Goblin [Undisciplined, Debaucher]
Ozarck > Ugly Jerry the Peasant [Contemplative, Cheater]

Spoiler: Playergamer (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Kj1225 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: GUNINANRUNIN (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: MyOwnWorstEnemy (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rolepgeek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ozarck (click to show/hide)

Your Gladiator schools have been updated. The Merchants might be thinking “Why am I also paying 2gp a turn?” Well you’re technically paying 1.80 or so… I round up. If the decimal is at or above .50 the number will be rounded up. .49 or lower, is rounded down.

Also, some of you guys got screwed over on the personality traits. I considered allowing you guys to pay a small fee to change the personality but… I don’t think that’s fair to those who got good rolls so I’m afraid it stays.

The first turn will start sometime tomorrow or wednesday. But for now I'll give you guys the chance to do whatever with the gladitors you have.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 14, 2014, 10:01:39 pm »

Interesting that only one merc came out with a positive and negative trait.  Maybe you should stack the odds toward that happening in the future?

EDIT:  Or not, really.  Are there traits that are both positive and negative?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 10:05:02 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 14, 2014, 10:03:30 pm »

"Nice to meet you Wernher, it'll be my job to make you a warrior."

Try to give Wernher some very basic training myself. Basically, make sure he knows which side you stab the enemy with.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 14, 2014, 10:15:16 pm »

"I think I'm going to have to hire more of your kind Bucky... or maybe I should get a fairly even spread... What do you think Buck?"

Get opinions on the course of action I should take in teh future.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 14, 2014, 10:33:27 pm »

Interesting that only one merc came out with a positive and negative trait.  Maybe you should stack the odds toward that happening in the future?

EDIT:  Or not, really.  Are there traits that are both positive and negative?

There are currently 16 Positive Traits, 7 negative traits, and one neutral trait [Boring. Which you might consider negative]. I thought that 2/3 Positive, 1/3 Negative [if we assume Boring is negative]. I suppose I could work for a more.... +/- balance but... I dunno.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 14, 2014, 10:42:38 pm »

"Nice to meet you Wernher, it'll be my job to make you a warrior."

Try to give Wernher some very basic training myself. Basically, make sure he knows which side you stab the enemy with.

Wernher seems to be somewhat competent at fighting. He's nothing spectacular. He wouldn't last a second against a Manticore, or even a wolf. He probably wouldn't even last against an Imp for very long, though he'd have a shot. Still, he seems pretty competent for what his profession is.

"I think I'm going to have to hire more of your kind Bucky... or maybe I should get a fairly even spread... What do you think Buck?"

Get opinions on the course of action I should take in teh future.

Bucky seems to ponder it for several moments before he mutters some gibberish you cannot understand. This whole language barrier might not be too helpful. Still, after a while you get the idea that he wants more Gladiators to be on the team.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 14, 2014, 10:46:04 pm »

"Yes. That would be a good idea... I'm going to have to get some more money though. Just so it's financially sound."

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 14, 2014, 10:48:01 pm »

"Well, my friend, it's time I showed you your new home."

Show him around whatever building I have for my school, and ask him for his thoughts.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 14, 2014, 10:56:09 pm »

PTW!
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #56 on: April 15, 2014, 06:49:32 pm »

Take Leon to have some practice with his pitchfork against the trainer. Mock him whenever he screws up. Can our gladdys gain new traits through social interaction?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 15, 2014, 07:44:09 pm »

Speaking of Upkeep, I will pay High Upkeep. As I get a 10% discount, I still only have to pay 2 gp, unlike non-merchants.
Can personality traits ever change?
Can we buy new equipment for our gladiators?
Can gladiators gain experience outside of combat, like from getting into drunken brawls?

Try to find ways to focus Jig's feral nature and ferocious qualities into an effective fighting style, get him to train(pay homeless people to be training dummies if that's what it takes. With non-lethal weapons, of course...usually).
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 15, 2014, 08:41:29 pm »

"Well, my friend, it's time I showed you your new home."

Show him around whatever building I have for my school, and ask him for his thoughts.

Wernher seems to be rather impressed by the small building your school occupies. However, this has more to do with his occupation of peasant than any actual impressiveness that your building exudes.

Take Leon to have some practice with his pitchfork against the trainer. Mock him whenever he screws up. Can our gladdys gain new traits through social interaction?

Trainer: "Before I begin training this... gladiator how much are you paying me?" [[For every gold piece you pay Leon will gain 1xp up to 34. You cannot level him. See my response to RPG below this to see the answer to your question.

Speaking of Upkeep, I will pay High Upkeep. As I get a 10% discount, I still only have to pay 2 gp, unlike non-merchants.

Alrighty, lemme write that down somewhere.

Can personality traits ever change?

Usually? No. Even if they class change they will usually stay the same forever. However there are some rare instances where a personality trait can be added or removed or just changed.

Can we buy new equipment for our gladiators?

Can you? No. Can MOWE? No. Can Gunin... Well you get the idea. You might see that implies that equipment is available later on right? Well it is. You have to reach a certain fame level before you can purchase potions, then even higher fame to buy equipment. Basically, you're stuck with just gladdys for a little bit.

Can gladiators gain experience outside of combat, like from getting into drunken brawls?

Yes, special events and trainers are some ways of outside combat training. Trainers cost money. Higher leveled units can cost quite a lot of money to get even a single EXP point. For example, a Paladin requires 5gp for 1xp. BUT your guys are basically losers so they learn quickly [1xp=1gp]. Furthermore you can't level a gladiator through training. They have to actually fight somebody to level up.

Quote from: Rolepgeek
Try to find ways to focus Jig's feral nature and ferocious qualities into an effective fighting style, get him to train(pay homeless people to be training dummies if that's what it takes. With non-lethal weapons, of course...usually).

Homeless Man: "Uh... I guess... How much are you giving me again?" [Training Jig: 1gp = 1xp]

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 15, 2014, 08:47:30 pm »

Check to see what leagues are available.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 22