Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 53

Author Topic: Civilization Beyond Earth - A spiritual successor to Alpha Centauri by Firaxis  (Read 152031 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Well 12% of you want to become slug people, 56% want to become inhuman toasters and 33% of you are correct.

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well 12% of you want to become slug people, 56% want to become inhuman toasters and 33% of you are correct.

This is the most accurate quote on democracy I have ever heard.
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile

Into my newly established sigtext it goes...
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

piemantheman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There is some gameplay from a recent stream, Here is a link to the pc gamer article that has all three videos http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/08/08/civilization-beyond-earth-videos-show-how-aliens-will-react-to-human-presence/ It mostly focuses on different ways to interact with aliens and starting steps you can take.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile

There is some gameplay from a recent stream, Here is a link to the pc gamer article that has all three videos http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/08/08/civilization-beyond-earth-videos-show-how-aliens-will-react-to-human-presence/ It mostly focuses on different ways to interact with aliens and starting steps you can take.
Oh man.
I'm surprised no one else has gone oh man at this yet. :P

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

If you piss off the aliens they also get aggravated at the slug people.

I am pleased by this turn of events.

At around 16:30 behind the streamer guy watch what happens behind him.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 09:54:40 am by Loud Whispers »

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh god, why does he keep sending everything down south when it's already completely explored and there's nothing else there except water and he's specifically skipped researching the ability to embark and there's things up north but he chose to let his explorer sit with a thumb up his butt instead of sending him north oh god whywhywhywhywhy and oh look your explorer didn't survive 10 turns exploring that site under miasma WHOWOULDHAVETHOUGHT and that's not a new site dude dude.

I understand having to explain everything you do but c'mon man, have you never played a 4X before at all?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 10:06:45 am by Niveras »

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile

If you piss off the aliens they also get aggravated at the slug people.

I am pleased by this turn of events.

At around 16:30 behind the streamer guy watch what happens behind him.

I have a sneaking suspicion someone else is controlling the camera precisely for that reason. That stuff happens a lot. :P

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

I understand having to explain everything you do but c'mon man, have you never played a 4X before at all?
The designers of Civ BE are filthy casuals.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile

It reminds me of one official developer stream of Kerbal Space Program, when the devs had to ask Scott Manley, a professional astronomer and author of many KSP-related videos, what orbital manoeuvres are required to dock with a space station.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Greenbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The designers of Civ BE are filthy casuals.

I think Pete Murray in particular is a Firaxis PR guy, not really part of the development team. Also, personally, I didn't notice the Explorer dying to miasma off-screen, so I can forgive him for not realizing. The lack of warning was the game's gaffe, and likely something that will be addressed before release.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 12:50:36 pm by Greenbane »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

On a side note, how many shout-outs to Firaxis did you guys see. I think I found 3, but I wasn't really looking out for them.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

... Firaxis put shout-outs to itself in it's game...? I mean I understand shout-outs to your other games,  like the XCOM team in CIV5 but that's a different matter.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

... Firaxis put shout-outs to itself in it's game...? I mean I understand shout-outs to your other games,  like the XCOM team in CIV5 but that's a different matter.

I still am bugged by the X-com units in Civ5...

Honestly... the Xcom are not a military unit... they are a surgical strike team.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

One of the alien bugs is called a Firaxian or some such.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 53