Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Let's run the questions through a poll.

Which Era do we set the game in  
The Next Century  - The next Era, who knows what wonders, or horrors, await)
Twenty minutes into the future.  - 2020-2030
Renaissance  - 19the century
The Age of Discovery - 1500-1600
Feudal Era -800-1200 AD Europe
The Classic Cultures - Greece/ Early Rome
Ancient Middle East - Egypt, Babylon,
Other
Realism:
World of Magic - A world where the laws of physics are considered guidelines. There are only few who do not defy reality on a daily basis
Part of Society - Reality defying things are an integral part of society.
Balanced - While magic or other reality defying things exist, they're not prominent.
Realism Extra - Though the extraordinary exists, it's rare. Trying to find or exploit it will require significant investment in resources.
Cold, hard realism - No magic of any kind of shape. The laws of physics are harsh, and undefeatable.
World
Garden World - An expansive world with a multitude of resources, fertile ground and large human population
Earth - Though harmed by the past, and certainly not perfect, the world is still a good home to it's human population
Wasteland - The world is a massive inhospitable wasteland, its resources are scarce, its population small. Humanity gathers around those places which enjoy a relative abundance of resources
Setting:
A New Golden Age - A true Golden Era dawns for humanity. Innovation, Industry, and Society explore new boundaries. Tales of this era will last for centuries.  
 A Bright Future - For a variety of reasons, humanity prospers. There's relative peace, and all is going well.
Stable - Humanity stagnates, but is still far from decay. While Innovation might be hard to find, there's relative peace, and people are happy.
The Lights are going out - Several nations are at war, many still remain neutral, but the number of battles, and war declarations are growing by the week.
A Dark Age - An all out war has covered the world. Military forces are clashing all over the lands. The effects of this are unknown, but Tales of this era will last for centuries.
Foci of the republic: Pick 3
A) Agriculture
B) Industry
C) Trade
D) Education
E) Expansion
F) Production
G) Economy
I) Military
J) Defensive Focus
K) Extraordinary things (Basically, things that fall under the realism slider above)
Game Mechanics:
Suggestion Game
Forum game with multiple players and characters
Forum game with multiple players and characters (Which I would probably join)
Should this poll be ignored and the GM get on with the Game
Yes
No
Don't bother, the thread serves better as a discussion thread for GUNINANRUN's games

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14

Author Topic: The Republic (Interest check and OOC) Open for applications  (Read 16854 times)

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
Re: The Republic (Interest check and OOC) Open for applications
« Reply #150 on: April 20, 2014, 05:59:38 pm »

What horrible thing did she do to deserve being smacked?
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 20, 2014, 06:00:27 pm »

What horrible thing did she do to deserve being smacked?

Probably inferring that Raul got into political office via nepotism and family favors.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 20, 2014, 06:00:52 pm »

Eh, that's not that bad.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 20, 2014, 06:01:56 pm »

Eh, that's not that bad.

Yeah, but personalities and stuff you know? We're learning on how exactly each of the character's act.

Also, we have to have some sort of court. I suppose we don't go on witch hunts whenever someone is accused of a crime.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 20, 2014, 06:12:09 pm »

Eh, that's not that bad.

Yeah, but personalities and stuff you know? We're learning on how exactly each of the character's act.

Also, we have to have some sort of court. I suppose we don't go on witch hunts whenever someone is accused of a crime.

This is a semi communist country so i do expect NKVD, KGB, and/or state sponsored terrorism.

Eh, that's not that bad.

He did in a sense climb his way up the ranks via education/service/ and doing a good job. He doesn't want to be the guy with a silver spoon in his mouth.

also let's ignore the clintion thing like TCM said.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 20, 2014, 06:13:16 pm »

Yeah, I know, but acting that hot blooded about it just makes it seem true.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 20, 2014, 06:15:01 pm »

The military thing?

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 20, 2014, 06:16:28 pm »

The nepotism thing. If you act that offended, people usually assume it's true.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 20, 2014, 06:18:21 pm »

Eh, that's not that bad.

This is a semi communist country so i do expect NKVD, KGB, and/or state sponsored terrorism.

The Soviet Union had many courts. I never said the courts were fair, but they functioned as courts nonetheless.

Great thing about Politics, right? It's not about finding the truth, it's what's perceived as truth and moral and etc. So perhaps Raul is right about all this, but because of his actions, people might start siding with the opposition. It's like if a politician said, "I would help advance this country as president. Also, I have five mistresses." He might be right, but because it's politics, it's going to be overlooked for an unrelated blunder.

Also, to everyone doing covert stuff, do you really want to be enacting all your secret evil duty in the public game thread where everyone can see it?
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 06:22:41 pm by TCM »

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 20, 2014, 06:24:57 pm »

player..c'mon really?

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 20, 2014, 06:25:08 pm »

First of all, sorry 3man, I had this planned out a while ago. Second of all, TCM, there's a reason I only want one or two guys in each squad. That way I can protect myself, but not exert too much power.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 20, 2014, 06:31:37 pm »

alright but please be more forthright with these things. I felt it was metagaming a bit. So new session new problems or same ole same ol?

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 20, 2014, 06:39:07 pm »

alright but please be more forthright with these things. I felt it was metagaming a bit.

It's very difficult to metagame when the stuff is present in the public. Like what if I posted in the public thread that I was secretly going to send assassins to where Raul was staying? You'd probably want to act on it. The option of PM is always open.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 20, 2014, 06:45:15 pm »

alright but please be more forthright with these things. I felt it was metagaming a bit.

It's very difficult to metagame when the stuff is present in the public. Like what if I posted in the public thread that I was secretly going to send assassins to where Raul was staying? You'd probably want to act on it. The option of PM is always open.

You did? link?

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 20, 2014, 06:46:39 pm »

You did? link?

Nah, I said hypothetically as an example to back up my point that secret stuff shouldn't be in the game thread.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14