Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Let's run the questions through a poll.

Which Era do we set the game in  
The Next Century  - The next Era, who knows what wonders, or horrors, await)
Twenty minutes into the future.  - 2020-2030
Renaissance  - 19the century
The Age of Discovery - 1500-1600
Feudal Era -800-1200 AD Europe
The Classic Cultures - Greece/ Early Rome
Ancient Middle East - Egypt, Babylon,
Other
Realism:
World of Magic - A world where the laws of physics are considered guidelines. There are only few who do not defy reality on a daily basis
Part of Society - Reality defying things are an integral part of society.
Balanced - While magic or other reality defying things exist, they're not prominent.
Realism Extra - Though the extraordinary exists, it's rare. Trying to find or exploit it will require significant investment in resources.
Cold, hard realism - No magic of any kind of shape. The laws of physics are harsh, and undefeatable.
World
Garden World - An expansive world with a multitude of resources, fertile ground and large human population
Earth - Though harmed by the past, and certainly not perfect, the world is still a good home to it's human population
Wasteland - The world is a massive inhospitable wasteland, its resources are scarce, its population small. Humanity gathers around those places which enjoy a relative abundance of resources
Setting:
A New Golden Age - A true Golden Era dawns for humanity. Innovation, Industry, and Society explore new boundaries. Tales of this era will last for centuries.  
 A Bright Future - For a variety of reasons, humanity prospers. There's relative peace, and all is going well.
Stable - Humanity stagnates, but is still far from decay. While Innovation might be hard to find, there's relative peace, and people are happy.
The Lights are going out - Several nations are at war, many still remain neutral, but the number of battles, and war declarations are growing by the week.
A Dark Age - An all out war has covered the world. Military forces are clashing all over the lands. The effects of this are unknown, but Tales of this era will last for centuries.
Foci of the republic: Pick 3
A) Agriculture
B) Industry
C) Trade
D) Education
E) Expansion
F) Production
G) Economy
I) Military
J) Defensive Focus
K) Extraordinary things (Basically, things that fall under the realism slider above)
Game Mechanics:
Suggestion Game
Forum game with multiple players and characters
Forum game with multiple players and characters (Which I would probably join)
Should this poll be ignored and the GM get on with the Game
Yes
No
Don't bother, the thread serves better as a discussion thread for GUNINANRUN's games

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14

Author Topic: The Republic (Interest check and OOC) Open for applications  (Read 16841 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: The Republic (Interest check and OOC) Open for applications
« Reply #105 on: April 20, 2014, 10:56:09 am »

An interesting conundrum. And a complicated one.

Well, first of, this is 2100. Secondly, this is a Semi-Communist, Semi-Totalitarian, Semi-Mixed Economy state.

I have no real solution at hand for this. I don't want to write out an entire constitution, but leaving things open obviously results in confusion. I could just let stuff be determined by the first person who brings things up, but that let's people create problems if they want to.

I don't have an immediate answer.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 20, 2014, 11:04:33 am »

An interesting conundrum. And a complicated one.

Well, first of, this is 2100. Secondly, this is a Semi-Communist, Semi-Totalitarian, Semi-Mixed Economy state.

I have no real solution at hand for this. I don't want to write out an entire constitution, but leaving things open obviously results in confusion. I could just let stuff be determined by the first person who brings things up, but that let's people create problems if they want to.

I don't have an immediate answer.

I understand. That's why I've never attempted a politics-based game even though I have wanted to, because I don't know how I would keep track of every aspect in a society that would be handled by government. Have you checked out the game thread? Exciting things are happening that may be of interest to the Head Councilman.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 20, 2014, 11:13:01 am »

Indeed. I did not expect to have to check the combat aspect of the mechanics out this soon.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 20, 2014, 11:34:34 am »

Me neither, but it's actually not unrealistic, especially during a violent age.

i just like touching things  ;)

Sorry to do all of this but i really like stirring things up but i didn't mean to put into question mechanics and whatnot.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 20, 2014, 11:39:52 am »

Sorry to do all of this but i really like stirring things up but i didn't mean to put into question mechanics and whatnot.

I don't mind at all. Although it's clear that our characters won't go along, I think we're both roleplaying their personalities correctly.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 20, 2014, 11:42:38 am »

You think but I KNOW.

Can't wait to see the house of cards tactics plus assassination attempts in the future. If that's even allowed.
I don't mind at all. Although it's clear that our characters won't go along, I think we're both roleplaying their personalities correctly.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 20, 2014, 11:43:30 am »

(Don't make me shoot you, that'll make my characters totally nonexistent nightmares so much worse.)
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 20, 2014, 11:45:28 am »

Anyway, assasinations and other illegitimate tactics are certainly permitted.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 20, 2014, 11:50:29 am »

(Don't make me shoot you, that'll make my characters totally nonexistent nightmares so much worse.)

{I don't want to die but my character doesn't budge easily when he's looked down on or generalized as just being a "military dude" or another member of the Toss family. He wants to make his own mark. He's not going to go down but at this point it's up to whoever wants to attack me and whoever does i'll defend against them. I think were going to have a love-hate relationship though lol.}

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 20, 2014, 11:58:23 am »

Don't worry about me TCM, I've got a plan.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 20, 2014, 12:09:31 pm »

wellp let's see your plan playergamer.

BTW Tar "fuck this i'm outtie"? was just so awesome lol.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 20, 2014, 12:14:01 pm »

My plan isn't brilliant, but it'll work.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 20, 2014, 12:15:52 pm »

Heh, thank you ^^.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 20, 2014, 12:27:39 pm »

Man, this should be a historical painting. Torri holding her facing, Playergamer's guy pointing a gun at Raul as they yell at each other while Taricus storms out of the room. "The First Assembly of the Republic."

I'd love to see what pirate man and Hitler have to say about this.

Also, is it fair if I retconned though social policies from before, like they were never brought up? Ebbor said he hasn't decided on how he wants to handle it, so until he decides, I think we should stay out of the past and focus on current and future policy.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14