Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Let's run the questions through a poll.

Which Era do we set the game in  
The Next Century  - The next Era, who knows what wonders, or horrors, await)
Twenty minutes into the future.  - 2020-2030
Renaissance  - 19the century
The Age of Discovery - 1500-1600
Feudal Era -800-1200 AD Europe
The Classic Cultures - Greece/ Early Rome
Ancient Middle East - Egypt, Babylon,
Other
Realism:
World of Magic - A world where the laws of physics are considered guidelines. There are only few who do not defy reality on a daily basis
Part of Society - Reality defying things are an integral part of society.
Balanced - While magic or other reality defying things exist, they're not prominent.
Realism Extra - Though the extraordinary exists, it's rare. Trying to find or exploit it will require significant investment in resources.
Cold, hard realism - No magic of any kind of shape. The laws of physics are harsh, and undefeatable.
World
Garden World - An expansive world with a multitude of resources, fertile ground and large human population
Earth - Though harmed by the past, and certainly not perfect, the world is still a good home to it's human population
Wasteland - The world is a massive inhospitable wasteland, its resources are scarce, its population small. Humanity gathers around those places which enjoy a relative abundance of resources
Setting:
A New Golden Age - A true Golden Era dawns for humanity. Innovation, Industry, and Society explore new boundaries. Tales of this era will last for centuries.  
 A Bright Future - For a variety of reasons, humanity prospers. There's relative peace, and all is going well.
Stable - Humanity stagnates, but is still far from decay. While Innovation might be hard to find, there's relative peace, and people are happy.
The Lights are going out - Several nations are at war, many still remain neutral, but the number of battles, and war declarations are growing by the week.
A Dark Age - An all out war has covered the world. Military forces are clashing all over the lands. The effects of this are unknown, but Tales of this era will last for centuries.
Foci of the republic: Pick 3
A) Agriculture
B) Industry
C) Trade
D) Education
E) Expansion
F) Production
G) Economy
I) Military
J) Defensive Focus
K) Extraordinary things (Basically, things that fall under the realism slider above)
Game Mechanics:
Suggestion Game
Forum game with multiple players and characters
Forum game with multiple players and characters (Which I would probably join)
Should this poll be ignored and the GM get on with the Game
Yes
No
Don't bother, the thread serves better as a discussion thread for GUNINANRUN's games

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14

Author Topic: The Republic (Interest check and OOC) Open for applications  (Read 16818 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Republic (Interest check and OOC) Open for applications
« Reply #60 on: April 15, 2014, 01:44:45 pm »

I'd wait for Ebbor about the dice system itself though. Otherwise you might just screw yourself over badly :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 15, 2014, 01:49:11 pm »

Actually, that's a good question. What is the dice system in this game?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 15, 2014, 01:54:04 pm »

True let's wait for ebbor before any things solid. BTW Tar are you going to Join us?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 15, 2014, 01:58:11 pm »

Combined dice system, d6, d20, d100. It depends.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 15, 2014, 02:00:42 pm »

Mind giving us an example?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 15, 2014, 02:03:56 pm »

Sadly, won't participate. But will watch regardless
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 01:54:27 pm by Sarrak »
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 15, 2014, 02:06:47 pm »

Mind giving us an example?

D20 for the amount your earth quake does to enemies. An D6 for the chances of you getting hurt?

We'll say for chances if you roll D4 or lower you get a penalty. If you roll a bad chance their we roll a D20 1-9 minor stuff that goes away, 10-15 semi- cripling stuff that come and go randomly, and 16 and up will be permanent crippling that will never go away but can be somewhat ailed due to strong medicines {which while they help your ailment they also damage something else}.

Or ebbor decides something else who knows.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 15, 2014, 02:26:08 pm »

Please leave the rules and stuff to me. Yeez, what's up with everyone and trying to hijack this thread.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 15, 2014, 02:33:37 pm »

Sign-ups? Hold up, I'll have something up soon...

Please leave the rules and stuff to me. Yeez, what's up with everyone and trying to hijack this thread.

These feisty players sometimes, I'm telling ya'.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 15, 2014, 02:34:02 pm »

Sorry, won't happen again GM.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 15, 2014, 03:06:08 pm »

Character Name: Chairman Arseni Mikhaelovitsch
Appearance and Biography: A Man of huge stature, looking suprisingly  fresh for his age of seventy. Arseni is the Chairman of the Union of Tarmavsol Mining and Factory Workers. Once himself a lowly worker of the Mines he has risen to the top and now not only owns a huge part of the stocks in the mines and the Grand Manufactory Complex but also holds great sway with the common workers who  see in him the symbol of the workers union. Arseni himself is a selfish and greedy man, abusing his position to gain leverage in the Assembly and increasing his own power. Despite his ruthless powergambles and the bad position the workers are in they still are loyal to him for some reason.
Support: (The Assembly is divided in multiple fractions. This measures how much people will support you)
Traits: (You know, modifiers and stuff)
Assets: (These are your own personal holdings. You can do with these what you want without needing an Assembly Resolution)

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 15, 2014, 03:42:18 pm »

Sign-ups? Hold up, I'll have something up soon...

These feisty players sometimes, I'm telling ya'.

Your part of like 4 games already are you sure you play steadily TCM?

thobal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 15, 2014, 03:42:51 pm »

Character Name: Alfred Hill

Appearance and Biography: A slight man with a piercing eyes. Average height. Black hair. His father was a government clerk of no importance. War veteran who never rose past the rank of Corporal but was decorated for bravery on two occasions. After the war he attempted to overthrow the republic because he felt the government had abandoned the veterans. The coup was quickly put down by a few dozen lightly armed police. Hill's brief imprisonment was spent writing a book in which he detailed his vision of a bright future for the republic. He currently supports himself by giving speeches to other malcontents. He is obsessed with the occult.

Support: Popular amongst many war veterans and the urban poor. He has a band of thugs and rabble-rousers that put on marches and intimidate and harass those who don't join his fledgling political party.

Traits:

Assets:
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 03:50:16 pm by thobal »
Signature goes here.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 15, 2014, 03:43:58 pm »

Alright, my sheet is done: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=137776.msg5186382#msg5186382

Please note the GM decides your assets and traits, so just leave those blank.

Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 15, 2014, 03:50:56 pm »

Character Name: Alfred Hill

Hey, I heard this rumor going around that your character only has one testicle. Is that true?

Whoever said it was easy to get that fruit? I certainly didn't. No, seriously, where did I say it was easy to get it?

Just trying to help you out here dogg, but I think what Ebbor is implying is that such fruit and powers may not even exist, or even if similar things do exist, are even less findable and/or potent. This is just going on experience on some other games of his I've read, and of course, the he has the final word on these type of things.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 03:56:16 pm by TCM »
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14