Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Let's run the questions through a poll.

Which Era do we set the game in  
The Next Century  - The next Era, who knows what wonders, or horrors, await)
Twenty minutes into the future.  - 2020-2030
Renaissance  - 19the century
The Age of Discovery - 1500-1600
Feudal Era -800-1200 AD Europe
The Classic Cultures - Greece/ Early Rome
Ancient Middle East - Egypt, Babylon,
Other
Realism:
World of Magic - A world where the laws of physics are considered guidelines. There are only few who do not defy reality on a daily basis
Part of Society - Reality defying things are an integral part of society.
Balanced - While magic or other reality defying things exist, they're not prominent.
Realism Extra - Though the extraordinary exists, it's rare. Trying to find or exploit it will require significant investment in resources.
Cold, hard realism - No magic of any kind of shape. The laws of physics are harsh, and undefeatable.
World
Garden World - An expansive world with a multitude of resources, fertile ground and large human population
Earth - Though harmed by the past, and certainly not perfect, the world is still a good home to it's human population
Wasteland - The world is a massive inhospitable wasteland, its resources are scarce, its population small. Humanity gathers around those places which enjoy a relative abundance of resources
Setting:
A New Golden Age - A true Golden Era dawns for humanity. Innovation, Industry, and Society explore new boundaries. Tales of this era will last for centuries.  
 A Bright Future - For a variety of reasons, humanity prospers. There's relative peace, and all is going well.
Stable - Humanity stagnates, but is still far from decay. While Innovation might be hard to find, there's relative peace, and people are happy.
The Lights are going out - Several nations are at war, many still remain neutral, but the number of battles, and war declarations are growing by the week.
A Dark Age - An all out war has covered the world. Military forces are clashing all over the lands. The effects of this are unknown, but Tales of this era will last for centuries.
Foci of the republic: Pick 3
A) Agriculture
B) Industry
C) Trade
D) Education
E) Expansion
F) Production
G) Economy
I) Military
J) Defensive Focus
K) Extraordinary things (Basically, things that fall under the realism slider above)
Game Mechanics:
Suggestion Game
Forum game with multiple players and characters
Forum game with multiple players and characters (Which I would probably join)
Should this poll be ignored and the GM get on with the Game
Yes
No
Don't bother, the thread serves better as a discussion thread for GUNINANRUN's games

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14

Author Topic: The Republic (Interest check and OOC) Open for applications  (Read 16817 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: The Republic (Interest check and OOC) Now with poll
« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2014, 08:02:22 am »

That last option is mean. :'c

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2014, 11:36:51 am »

That last option is mean. :'c

Your so modest chap. ,:)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #47 on: April 14, 2014, 06:38:18 pm »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2014, 11:10:35 am »

Spoiler: Choices made (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Sign-up sheet (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rules and explanations (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
Re: The Republic (Interest check and OOC) Open for applications
« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2014, 11:37:42 am »

Character Name:Edward Johnson Newgate.
Appearance: Edward is tall. Really tall. (People who measure his suits and clothes say he is 8ft tall). He is an albino, which means he has white hair, white skin and red eyes.His hair reaches don to just above his shoulders, and he has a rather nice handlebar moustache. He often wears a white suit, over which he wears a white coat, although it is more like a cape, since it's tied around his neck. There is a Jolly Roger on it.
Biography: Edward was born on the 25th of July, in the year 2094. He is currently 30 years old. He was born to a peasant mother and a high-ranking Navy officer, Steven Newgate. He went to school at the Fuchsia Private School, a school where he got a good education, but a very skewed idea of history ie. 'the Republic are the good guys'. At 18 he enlisted in the Navy. He participated in the Tropical War, and was promoted to Captain of his own ship during it. He was considered a war hero up until 2 years ago, when he learned of the skewed way history was taught in schools, a history he war shipped in the past. He then took all of his money  sold all his land and disappeared of the face of the earth with his ship and crew. He was presumed dead up until a year ago, where he resurfaced as the infamous pirate 'Whitebeard' after eating a fruit which gave him the power of earthquakes.
Support: He is considered an enemy of the state by most of the Assembly. There is, however, a small fraction which he secretly controls.
Traits: Quake Power: Can create air, earth and sea quakes with either his arms or legs.
          Strategist: He is a decent strategist, a skill he acquired during the Tropical War.
          Strength: Is very strong, physically.
          Tall: While his height makes him very intimidating, it's very bad when trying to sneak around.
Assets: 2000 credits.
           Large ship named 'The Joker'
           Large cache of weapons.

« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 11:43:17 am by BlitzDungeoneer »
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2014, 12:03:33 pm »

Spoiler: Choices made (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Sign-up sheet (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rules and explanations (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)

Assembly member: Raul De Toss
Appearance: A young man in his mid-twenties with Black hair and Black eyes. He's of a very skinny build and always chooses to wear Black gloves whenever he can.
Bio: Raul De Toss went through education to follow the footsteps of his families legendary military history. Just about every generation one son would join the Military usually as officers through the Army Science/Leadership courses at the Great university. After 4-years he was commissioned to be a 2nd lieutenant and rose through the ranks to become a Captain in the army working with communications and counter intelligence warrior in posts East and West of Tarmavsol. One day his fathers old friend summoned him to inform him of his new duty in the assembly and was told to "do us proud Captain". Raul wonders if this is a position the Army opened up to keep their interest alive or if his loving father wants him to start a new legacy in the family. He is rumored to have a low self-esteem despite his ambition and wants for greatness, should he have it he does a good job of keeping it looking like a rumour.

Traits:
Blank

Supports: As a Captain the Army Raul enjoys a lot of patriotic and Veteran applause. He also has warm feelings from conservatives and family figures who see the guantly man fight hard for his country and for betterment of all of their lives.

Assets:
Blank

Also for names of possible cities i think they should be simple like: Lad-ton, Duek, Yake, and Tripz. I'm going for a german russiany place but these are just names i made up from the top of my head.

East could have Lad-ton and Duek.
West could have Yake and Tripz.
The capital can just be called Tarmavsol

« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 04:30:41 pm by 3man75 »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2014, 12:06:21 pm »

Do note that magic is very rare* in the setting.

*Practically non existant, and not something that won't come easy or without severe consequences.

Also: I define assets. Feel free to let those remain as suggestions though.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 15, 2014, 12:24:13 pm »

Appearance: Edward is tall. Really tall. (People who measure his suits and clothes say he is 8ft tall). He is an albino, which means he has white hair, white skin and red eyes.His hair reaches don to just above his shoulders, and he has a rather nice handlebar moustache. He often wears a white suit, over which he wears a white coat, although it is more like a cape, since it's tied around his neck. There is a Jolly Roger on it.
Biography: Edward was born on the 25th of July, in the year 2094. He is currently 30 years old. He was born to a peasant mother and a high-ranking Navy officer, Steven Newgate. He went to school at the Fuchsia Private School, a school where he got a good education, but a very skewed idea of history ie. 'the Republic are the good guys'. At 18 he enlisted in the Navy. He participated in the Tropical War, and was promoted to Captain of his own ship during it. He was considered a war hero up until 2 years ago, when he learned of the skewed way history was taught in schools, a history he war shipped in the past. He then took all of his money  sold all his land and disappeared of the face of the earth with his ship and crew. He was presumed dead up until a year ago, where he resurfaced as the infamous pirate 'Whitebeard' after eating a fruit which gave him the power of earthquakes.
Support: He is considered an enemy of the state by most of the Assembly. There is, however, a small fraction which he secretly controls.
Traits: Quake Power: Can create air, earth and sea quakes with either his arms or legs.
          Strategist: He is a decent strategist, a skill he acquired during the Tropical War.
          Tall: While his height makes him very intimidating, it's very bad when trying to sneak around.
           Large cache of weapons.

So your basically a possible terrorist leader with the power of earthquakes?

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 15, 2014, 12:28:10 pm »

Large cache of weapons.

So your basically a possible terrorist leader with the power of earthquakes?
Yes. Yes I am.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 15, 2014, 12:28:57 pm »

*Practically non existant, and not something that won't come easy or without severe consequences.

Whoever said it was easy to get that fruit? I certainly didn't. No, seriously, where did I say it was easy to get it?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 12:35:38 pm by BlitzDungeoneer »

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 15, 2014, 01:25:25 pm »

Whoever said it was easy to get that fruit? I certainly didn't. No, seriously, where did I say it was easy to get it?

okay not loofy. how did he know it? sailor story he decided to go on and convince his crew?
If you want magic let it be some kind of magical dog that has almost immunity to bullets. Meaning it CAN die from bullets but it'd have to be from pro-longed combat and he'd definitely kill some people before he goes down. The dog would also have to be on a very tight leash because people are afraid of it and the police will fine you for having such a monstrosity not close to you. Just a suggestion please don't have overkill powers.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 15, 2014, 01:29:41 pm »

okay not loofy. how did he know it? sailor story he decided to go on and convince his crew?
If you want magic let it be some kind of magical dog that has almost immunity to bullets. Meaning it CAN die from bullets but it'd have to be from pro-longed combat and he'd definitely kill some people before he goes down. The dog would also have to be on a very tight leash because people are afraid of it and the police will fine you for having such a monstrosity not close to you. Just a suggestion please don't have overkill powers.
Thing is, earthquakes are shock waves. These shock waves here are generated from the users body. That's kinda gonna damage you, either in the long run or short run, cause you know, you get a mini earthquake in the body part you're using for the generation. And yes, it was an old sailor story that led to him searching the fruit. So anyway, using it too many times will end up killing him eventually.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 15, 2014, 01:38:58 pm »

Thing is, earthquakes are shock waves. These shock waves here are generated from the users body. That's kinda gonna damage you, either in the long run or short run, cause you know, you get a mini earthquake in the body part you're using for the generation. And yes, it was an old sailor story that led to him searching the fruit. So anyway, using it too many times will end up killing him eventually.

So basically he's killing himself if he uses it too many times? Okay let's put the number at 5. If he uses it a 6 time automatic death with no chance of living. Not only that if you roll VERY low during those 5 times  whitebeard {like the name btw} will suffer permanent injuries like loss of balance randomly throughout the day, aching pains in his body, and etc. Deal?

Oh and before i forget there are 2 rolls one does enemy dmg and one if you roll low. That way you can still have the last laugh.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 15, 2014, 01:40:16 pm »

« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 03:42:50 pm by Taricus »
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 15, 2014, 01:42:40 pm »

So basically he's killing himself if he uses it too many times? Okay let's put the number at 5. If he uses it a 6 time automatic death with no chance of living. Not only that if you roll VERY low during those 5 times  whitebeard {like the name btw} will suffer permanent injuries like loss of balance randomly throughout the day, aching pains in his body, and etc. Deal?

Oh and before i forget there are 2 rolls one does enemy dmg and one if you roll low. That way you can still have the last laugh.
Deal. Can we set that at 8 though? Incidentally the name's a joke, since if you've read his Appearance, you'll notice he doesn't have a beard.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 01:44:21 pm by BlitzDungeoneer »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14