Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Let's run the questions through a poll.

Which Era do we set the game in  
The Next Century  - The next Era, who knows what wonders, or horrors, await)
Twenty minutes into the future.  - 2020-2030
Renaissance  - 19the century
The Age of Discovery - 1500-1600
Feudal Era -800-1200 AD Europe
The Classic Cultures - Greece/ Early Rome
Ancient Middle East - Egypt, Babylon,
Other
Realism:
World of Magic - A world where the laws of physics are considered guidelines. There are only few who do not defy reality on a daily basis
Part of Society - Reality defying things are an integral part of society.
Balanced - While magic or other reality defying things exist, they're not prominent.
Realism Extra - Though the extraordinary exists, it's rare. Trying to find or exploit it will require significant investment in resources.
Cold, hard realism - No magic of any kind of shape. The laws of physics are harsh, and undefeatable.
World
Garden World - An expansive world with a multitude of resources, fertile ground and large human population
Earth - Though harmed by the past, and certainly not perfect, the world is still a good home to it's human population
Wasteland - The world is a massive inhospitable wasteland, its resources are scarce, its population small. Humanity gathers around those places which enjoy a relative abundance of resources
Setting:
A New Golden Age - A true Golden Era dawns for humanity. Innovation, Industry, and Society explore new boundaries. Tales of this era will last for centuries.  
 A Bright Future - For a variety of reasons, humanity prospers. There's relative peace, and all is going well.
Stable - Humanity stagnates, but is still far from decay. While Innovation might be hard to find, there's relative peace, and people are happy.
The Lights are going out - Several nations are at war, many still remain neutral, but the number of battles, and war declarations are growing by the week.
A Dark Age - An all out war has covered the world. Military forces are clashing all over the lands. The effects of this are unknown, but Tales of this era will last for centuries.
Foci of the republic: Pick 3
A) Agriculture
B) Industry
C) Trade
D) Education
E) Expansion
F) Production
G) Economy
I) Military
J) Defensive Focus
K) Extraordinary things (Basically, things that fall under the realism slider above)
Game Mechanics:
Suggestion Game
Forum game with multiple players and characters
Forum game with multiple players and characters (Which I would probably join)
Should this poll be ignored and the GM get on with the Game
Yes
No
Don't bother, the thread serves better as a discussion thread for GUNINANRUN's games

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14

Author Topic: The Republic (Interest check and OOC) Open for applications  (Read 16802 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: The Republic (Interest check and OOC)
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2014, 01:16:23 pm »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2014, 01:26:19 pm »

I like the idea. I find it interesting and new. And hey, if you want you can blatantly steal it and make it your own since you came up with it.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2014, 01:38:07 pm »

I like the idea. I find it interesting and new. And hey, if you want you can blatantly steal it and make it your own since you came up with it.
Thanks baws. You always got my back.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2014, 01:40:57 pm »

Speaking of... I think you need to update a thing that hasn't been updated in a while.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2014, 01:43:03 pm »

INSERT DISC and Launch the Mobile Suit!!, I know. They're in seperate tabs right now. I chip away at them while on other threads. :p

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2014, 01:45:16 pm »

I'm not in either of those. I was talking about the one I'm in since I actually know when it is updated... Is there space in either of those for another player though? I was looking at LtMS when you first posted it and thought it might be interesting.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2014, 02:17:15 pm »

I'm not in either of those. I was talking about the one I'm in since I actually know when it is updated...

Is there space in either of those for another player though? I was looking at LtMS when you first posted it and thought it might be interesting.
Which one is that..? The only other games I'm running right now are LotS and Lovely Rampage, and that's a character suggestion game with a lame amount of suggesters (mastahcheese and 3man. and that's it).

INSERT DISC is a CSG as well, though mastahcheese is making a cameo right now (it's a game mechanic. potentially you can collect all the Bay12'ers by beating the bosses). And LtMS!! is never full. I try to put in new players every few turns or so. Right now I'm teasing the rules and trying to get it to be somewhat fatal without blowing up every single new player on their first turn. So far it's not very fatal. Only one player has died from being vaporized.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2014, 02:19:59 pm »

Have you thought of adding improvised weapons and being able to rip arms off of your opponents? That seems like a fair way to make things more lethal.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2014, 02:36:04 pm »

Have you thought of adding improvised weapons and being able to rip arms off of your opponents? That seems like a fair way to make things more lethal.
If you want to talk about that let's take it to that thread. I think this thread has been derailed plenty. Plus I feel like I'm plugging my own stuff.

I'm on a rule-making binge, and since reinforcements just arrived for either side it's pretty likely that I'll add something like that in to test it.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2014, 02:38:26 pm »

Cool.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2014, 02:41:50 pm »

Can you take this conversation somewhere where people actually give a fuck? This is a thread for ebbor's game, and you're not being even remotely relevant.

EDIT: That was harsh. Sorry. But still, stop having fun here, it's rude.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 02:51:01 pm by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2014, 02:54:54 pm »

If you want to talk about that let's take it to that thread.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2014, 02:56:05 pm »

Can you take this conversation somewhere where people actually give a fuck? This is a thread for ebbor's game, and you're not being even remotely relevant.

EDIT: That was harsh. Sorry. But still, stop having fun here, it's rude.
I was tempted to point out how harsh that was. And what Gunin pointed out just now.

And don't worry. We have ceased to fun here.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 14, 2014, 06:12:18 am »

((You now, people voting for multiple things, or for multiple times the same thing, didn't make this easier))

A: 2
D: 1
E: 4.5
F: 1
G: 2.5
I: 1 (Piracy)
I: 2 (Future desert world)

A:2
B:3
C:3
D:6
E:

A) 5.5
B) 2
C) 6.5

A) 3
C) 1.5
D) 3.5
E) 6

A) 1
B) 3
C) 2
D) 2
E) 5
F) 2
G) 1
I)  5
J)  3
K) 6

So, I probably miscounted somewhere. In hindsight, putting up a poll might have been a better idea.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
Re: The Republic (Interest check and OOC) Now with poll
« Reply #44 on: April 14, 2014, 07:04:13 am »

Urgh. It's quite a hideous poll. But effective.

To sum up, most prominent tendencies for now are:
Before-powder (or postapocalyptically degraded) setting, low magic (which is still present, maybe in the form of ancient technologies), rich/wasted world (undecided), dark age of constant warfare, EIK republic (expansive, militaristic, unusual).
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14