Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15

Author Topic: TPP and TTIP  (Read 37362 times)

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
Re: TPP and TTIP
« Reply #105 on: July 10, 2015, 09:45:14 pm »

I fail to see the joke.

Thanks for reminding me Ispil.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 13, 2015, 11:53:32 am »

When it doubt, remember that georgia is the sarcasm font. It's helpful for when ambiguity is undesirable.
I never voted for this!

ConsUme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 17, 2015, 10:06:29 am »

You know what... we're fucked... I do feel it may as well pass. Big Business will pay the congressmen to pass it... we're are just gonna wait and see how the internet will work past the passing... and If fair use will still be a thing... I do think Let's plays will continue because Microsoft, Sony, Ubisoft, and EA have a stake in it... but I think that a Nintendo Like Content Creator's Program will be forced...

Nostagia Critic will Die...

Wikipedia could be censored...

Net Neutrality... will still be a thing... Comcast, Verizon, AT&T are American Companies...

Mods will die...

Youtube partnerships will die because a DMCA+TPP IP Chapter...

Edit: Indie Games will be halved

Fangames Dead...
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 10:08:58 am by ConsUme »
Goddamit SourceForge

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 17, 2015, 11:10:47 am »

My reccommendationdation is to stary downloading anything you don't want to lose NOW, before it's too late. I know that's what I've been doing.

The corporations failed to get it in the past so they will fail to get it at all points in the future.  Congress showed themselves unwilling to go down that route.  So congress will always show that ability.
Are you..that is not the case at all. Amendments and bills that are defeated can and often are brought up again. Especially contentious issues. Bills that have been passed can be repealed, bills that lost a battle don't always lose the war.
Nothing is ever permanent, even the constitution could be re-written.

So long as there's money in it, they will keep bringing it up until we demonstrate it is a waste of their time & money to do so, and the last fight I saw over this was far from conclusive.

It wasn't a contentious issue, it's just that the handful of people who were in favor of it have a lot of money
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 11:15:28 am by Bohandas »
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 17, 2015, 11:23:12 am »

I sincerely wish that something would happen to cause a war between two or more of the countries involved in this deal. I'm dead serious.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

ConsUme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 17, 2015, 11:29:29 am »

That is how I feel it would fall

Something Extremely horrible happens after it passes... something that forces governments to break away from the TPP
bet then it would take years for it to break away...
Goddamit SourceForge

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 17, 2015, 01:14:38 pm »

Imgur will be deleted. Half of all internet forums will be shut down for copyright infractions. Corporations will gain control of all indie projects. Development of Dwarf Fortress will be halted. Facebook will become a privacy-free dystopia. 4chan will be snuffed out in the night. Newborn children will disappear from hospitals. Ad blockers will become illegal. Video games will start to include product placement and commercial breaks. Computers will spontaneously combust the day after the warranty runs out. The streets will run red as millions riot. They'll shut down my favorite Youtube channel. Meteors will fall from the sky and inexplicably spare all corporate buildings from the ensuing destruction. What is the death and devastation of war compared to the blood that will be shed when this trade agreement is passed?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 02:06:46 pm by penguinofhonor »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 17, 2015, 01:20:26 pm »

You know, I was a little apprehensive about this, but Penguin sold it really well. I guess it won't be so bad after all.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 17, 2015, 01:46:06 pm »

You know, I was a little apprehensive about this, but Penguin sold it really well. I guess it won't be so bad after all.

Yeah, why can't we have TPP and TIPI earlier?

Disclaimer: First, I need to become a corporate CEO to avoid the meteors.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 17, 2015, 02:26:20 pm »

-snip-
I am honest-to-god terrified that these are the things you picked out as the important ones to worry about.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 17, 2015, 02:47:04 pm »

I mean, yeah, it's bad that the currently leaked portions of the treaty will cause flocks of feral geese to fill our skies and attack us from above. Nobody is happy about the genetically enhanced super soldiers that will patrol the streets enforcing copyright law, or the legal mandate that armadillos be hunted to extinction. But if you don't leave your computer much, you only have to worry about how this bill affects the internet until the meteors start. And I don't think this has been completely confirmed, but the meteors are probably scheduled pretty late in the implementation.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 17, 2015, 03:05:39 pm »

I mean, yeah, it's bad that the currently leaked portions of the treaty will cause flocks of feral geese to fill our skies and attack us from above. Nobody is happy about the genetically enhanced super soldiers that will patrol the streets enforcing copyright law, or the legal mandate that armadillos be hunted to extinction. But if you don't leave your computer much, you only have to worry about how this bill affects the internet until the meteors start. And I don't think this has been completely confirmed, but the meteors are probably scheduled pretty late in the implementation.

Do you think that the meteors will show up late enough for me to spend a few years becoming a high-up person in a large corporation, or should I just build a bunker and hope for the best?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 17, 2015, 03:07:43 pm »

-snip-
I am honest-to-god terrified that these are the things you picked out as the important ones to worry about.

Well that's the stuff that affects us. It will affect people in other places worse of course, but even the other anti-TPPers seem to agree that only the poorer signitories will get hosed by the medicine price-gouging, which is the other horrible thing.

aalso, since when is censoring the internet not a bad thing!?[
What is TPP
----------------------
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 17, 2015, 03:09:40 pm »

Do you think that the meteors will show up late enough for me to spend a few years becoming a high-up person in a large corporation, or should I just build a bunker and hope for the best?

That depends, are you a relative or clpse friend of someone already high up in a large corporation? Because if not then you can't be high up in a large corporation.
What is TPP
----------------------
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 17, 2015, 03:11:36 pm »

I tried to read it.
What is TPP
----------------------
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15