Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Warlock 2: The Exiled  (Read 4980 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warlock 2: The Exiled
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2014, 03:47:50 pm »

Perhaps if you could cast multiple spells per turn from the start

You can

----

OHHH this is lovely... One of the achievements in the game cannot be obtained unless you did the most expensive preorder.

Or rather one of the achievements is barred from you unless you get the next DLC
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 01:19:59 am by Neonivek »

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2014, 11:01:44 pm »

on sale right now and really cant decide if I should buy it. I just played through my first game of Warlock 1 and reaslly enjoyed it, and it seems that the improvements will make the game even more fun, especially the shard worlds and soft cap on cities.

Exploration and Expansion are the best parts for me, so shard worlds sounds cool. And the late game management of dozens of cities is just tedious, didn't like that part.

But man, $20 for basically an improved version of the game I have only played once so far. Granted I liked it but I guess I dont feel like I have gotten enough mileage out of the first one yet. ON the other hand, why waste time playing an inferior version when I can play the better one? (my gaming time is limited)

I was hoping the Steam Workshop would bring in lots of new campaigns and maps, but it seems to not really look that way. Hope that changes soon, but if theres nothing there yet then maybe I shouldnt get any hopes up.

I got nothing

tompliss

• Bay Watcher
  • Goodbye ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2014, 01:45:04 am »

on sale right now and really cant decide if I should buy it. I just played through my first game of Warlock 1 and reaslly enjoyed it, and it seems that the improvements will make the game even more fun, especially the shard worlds and soft cap on cities.

Exploration and Expansion are the best parts for me, so shard worlds sounds cool. And the late game management of dozens of cities is just tedious, didn't like that part.
The way I remember it, it wasn't that good, even for those parts. the shards aren't really useful, because only the players' home world(s) are inhabitable before very late in the game :
shards where no player spawned usually are the home of really high level elementals and other creatures that would kill greater armies than those used to siege a city ....

Bremen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2014, 08:59:25 am »

The way I remember it, it wasn't that good, even for those parts. the shards aren't really useful, because only the players' home world(s) are inhabitable before very late in the game :
shards where no player spawned usually are the home of really high level elementals and other creatures that would kill greater armies than those used to siege a city ....

This wasn't my experience, I pretty much conquered each shard in turn and settled it. While it's true each shard is full of monsters, you can deal with them and loot their lairs to make it not really any worse than your home shard. It's more just a cycle of conquest.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2014, 10:35:52 pm »

The major issue with Warlock 2 is that every single problem with Warlock 1 still exists.

The fact that individual units BARELY dent enemies (this is very much a game of quality over quantity...).

Then there are major problems that Warlock 2 brings to the table such as WAAAAY too powerful monsters appearing way too early. You can be stuck in a shard for tons upon tons of turns simply because a late game monster just popped up on a shard. The fact that most shards are completely uninteresting because they BARELY added any new resources (and they DESPERATELY needed to make some unique resources for each shard type). Then there are some shards that are flat out unexplorable because of insane enemies put on it.

Warlock 2 is the epitome of a game that takes two steps forward and two steps back.
Pages: 1 [2]