Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: -Dynasty- [Multi-Life Simulator SG] Spring, 1285  (Read 14360 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: -Dynasty- [Multi-Life Simulator SG] Prologue
« Reply #105 on: June 08, 2014, 11:44:20 pm »

-Winter, 1284-
-Fiefdom of Lord Havels, The County of Reinton, The Duchy of Akor, Kingdom of of Rothential-

Frost and snow dominate the landscape under a cocaine-hued cyclone of seasonal weather, the air chilly and the trees are left with no means to cover up their exposed naked bodies now fully visible to the world. It is at this time that you decide to take on some means of helping you through this overall wretched, depressing season.

The first of your plans involving the making of snow shoes with what you have around. Spending your free time looking about the forest, you find there's little to use, and your attempts at creation with the utilization of spare wood and stone resemble nothing that could be used a shoe. Eventually, you retire from this venture.

The next plan you move onto involves the creation of a sliding sled, normally a toy for noble children, you see if you can make. You increase your total output over the course of a few, tiring yourself out but fetching a respectable pile of wood which you store in the house, giving it the alibi of being firewood. Despite having enough wood for a sled now, you lack the means to bind the pieces together, whether it be rope or leather or anything of that sort. So for now, you have an extra pile of wood sitting by the firepit.

You continue to persevere throughout winter, developing a nasty cold at one point which thankfully manages to go away by itself. The snow gets higher everyday, making work exponentially more difficult. In fact, one day while walking home, you fall into what looks like an innocent pile of ice, only for it to suddenly drop you into a crevice several feet deep. Desperately, you attempt to crawl back out, only causing more snow to fall on top of you. Ready to face the inevitable slow fate of hypothermic death, you pray to your God, only to have a strong pair of arms pull you out several minutes later. You awaken on the ground, a figure standing above you. You assume it to be Habel or someone of his size, only for the figure to turn out to be a cloaked black-haired woman, looking down upon you with piercing gray eyes and the upturned nose of a military leader. She simply says, "Watch where you walk," before turning around and leaving just as unexpectedly as you had came.

You attend a funeral during this season, one of the village elders couldn't take the harsh cold this time around. You didn't know him, but the service comes with free food and wine, two things you wouldn't pass up especially in this time of deprivation. After Father Julius reads some scripture and the body is lowered into the ground, Habel's daughter approaches you. She takes your hand, placing a few seeds in your palm, "Thank you for this, my father really appreciates your partnership. If you want to come by one day after work, we'd welcome it." Though this speech was obviously fabricated by someone older than her, she seems truly earnest about the offer.

After more tedious semi-depressing weeks of Winter, the snow eventually falls off the trees, turning into mush, and later, water as the sun shines brighter everyday. The sweet scent of water as it feeds the rebirth of life in the forest greets you one pleasant morning. The Trade Faire should be in town this season, though it would be tough to reach, and you wouldn't have anything to trade besides your only axe as well as some spare wood you keep around.
During work one during the transition from Winter to Spring, you hear of a secret underground tavern being run somewhere in the woods. Some dismiss it merely as rumor, others seem to be quite assured of its existence.

Spoiler: Oslaf Hruomcarl (click to show/hide)

This game is up and running again, a bit of a celebration for the end of the school year.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: -Dynasty- [Multi-Life Simulator SG] Winter, 1284 - Game Start
« Reply #106 on: June 08, 2014, 11:45:29 pm »

Search for the secret tavern!

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 08, 2014, 11:49:03 pm »

Visit Habel's one day after work. ((Yay this is back.  :D ))
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 08, 2014, 11:50:17 pm »

+1, but ask Habel if he thinks its true first.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 09, 2014, 12:05:28 am »

Are you going to go regardless of what he says? Or can he change your mind?
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 09, 2014, 12:09:59 am »

+1 But if he says not to then don't. ((Hes our only friend so i think we should listen to him.))
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 13, 2014, 04:04:31 pm »

Turn will be up tommorow, sorry, traveling has tampered with my game schedule.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 13, 2014, 04:24:23 pm »

((Tis fine.))

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Re: -Dynasty- [Multi-Life Simulator SG] Winter, 1284
« Reply #113 on: June 18, 2014, 08:40:52 am »

So, how're your travels going, TCM?
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 18, 2014, 09:49:47 am »

Hot. Sporadic Internet acsess. Coffee. Pool. Girls. Reggae Rap.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 18, 2014, 10:34:17 am »

Hot. Sporadic Internet access. Coffee. Pool. Girls. Reggae Rap.

FTFY

Also i think he's doing fine in "meatspace" as they call it here. :D

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: -Dynasty- [Multi-Life Simulator SG] Prologue
« Reply #116 on: June 18, 2014, 10:35:20 pm »

-Spring, 1285-
-Fiefdom of Lord Havels, The County of Reinton, The Duchy of Akor, Kingdom of of Rothential-

The air is sweet and full of life as the forest once again gains its colorful splendor. You celebrate this wondrous transition by working harder than was possible during the wintertime. However, after the first week the repetition of your works starts to get to you, allowing monotony to set in. To find something of interest to look forward to, you inquire about the secret tavern, asking Habel about it. "Hummph? A secret tavern you say? I've never heard of such a place." With his ignorance in the subject, you leave for the forest in pursuit of the tavern.

The sky begins to disappear as you make your way into the forest, the heads of the tree masking you from the present sun. As the sunlight dims, the sounds of nature become more apparent. Birds singing, cackling, some animal slithering, some larger beast running over a log, a stream running nearby. With your forest-based paranoia, maybe it was not such a good idea to come alone.
At one point, you believe you can hear the sound of human conversation, almost like a song. You look around, but find nothing for a source. Your fruitless search continues, until you hear the sound again. Before you can locate it, you hear some sort of beast emit a large growl.

After running out of the forest as fast as you can, you manage to make it back to the village tired with a racing heart, but otherwise in a fine condition. You never got the ale you were searching, but you remember the offer that Habel's daughter had given to you over the winter to visit the Ashweil household. Thirsty and fatigued, you make your way over to their household.

Their home is larger than yours, with an extended fence containing a single goat, who peers at you with golden eyes, its teeth filled with rich grass. The door to the home opens to reveal Habel's wife, "Come on in dear, I insist. We've been expecting you." You follow her into the home, which contains a bed, the first bed you've managed to come across in the settlement. Around the room are three younger children, in addition to Habel's daughter, who sits on the floor, tending to some clothing. The red haired lass looks up at you, "Oh...hello." After you explain pleasantries, you talk to Habel's daughter over a dinner of stew. She's pleasant enough, though she does seem to get distracted at times in the conversation. You manage to pick up on her name, Irene.

[Traits Identified - Irene Ashweil:
Spacey: This character seems to wander even in the presence of company, as if their thoughts are somewhere else.
Pleasant: Their enjoyable to be around, definitely a positive trait.]

Habel busts down the door to his home, his face so red that it seems to catch on fire. He walks past his family, grabbing you by the arm and pulling you outside. Before you can hypothesize about his anger, he furiously whispers, "That devil bastard George Leopold has been spreading nasty ill rumors about my family. I would like to slit his slimy throat and..." Habel catches his breath, cooling off considerably. "I plan to challenge him to a duel this Summertime. Oslaf, I ask a favor of you; will you be my second?"
The role of the second in a duel is to support the primary duelist, by presenting him his weaponry, and standing by to make sure the duel is played out according to custom and rules established. Should foul play occur during the duel, the second must be ready to intervene immediately.
"It will be a bladed match, decided by first blood; it is not to the death, but I will not lie to you and say that men, and their seconds, have died during first blood matches, their organs spilled or throats slashed open by one precise move of the knife. You are the only man here I would trust with this responsibility. What do you say?"

Spoiler: Oslaf Hruomcarl (click to show/hide)

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
Re: -Dynasty- [Multi-Life Simulator SG] Spring, 1284
« Reply #117 on: June 18, 2014, 10:40:38 pm »

Agree to be his second! ((Yay new update!))

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 19, 2014, 01:34:08 am »

Agree to be his second! ((Yay new update!))

+1

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 19, 2014, 09:47:54 am »

Agree, certainly.  What kind of yellow-bellied coward would refuse?  Keep working and try to accumulate some more spare wood in the meantime.

If we refuse, we have no shot with his daughter.  That said, we still probably want to shop around.

Though a reflection of dueling law is probably a good idea- is this allowed?  Even if not, I imagine being out in the woods, no one is going to care, and personal conflicts like this are likely to be allowed to resolve themselves.

EDIT- We shouldn't ask him, though.  Makes us look weak.  Just a general reflection, is all.

Anyway, you forgot to update the year in the title.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9