Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: -Dynasty- [Multi-Life Simulator SG] Spring, 1285  (Read 14346 times)

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
Re: -Dynasty- [Multi-Life Simulator SG] Summer, 1284
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2014, 04:07:41 am »

Get to work! If we have time during break or something, get to know our neighbors.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2014, 05:03:03 am »

Get to work! If we have time during break or something, get to know our neighbors.

+1
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: -Dynasty- [Multi-Life Simulator SG] Prologue
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2014, 05:06:07 am »

[A few traits to note about yourself:
Fear of the Forest: Those awful weeks you spent alone in the forests have scarred you, making it hard for you to venture far into the woods.
Well, on the bright side, we have exactly the right job to have an ongoing feud with the forests.

+1
+1
Also, if we can, fix the axe up a bit.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2014, 09:25:58 am »

Fear of the Forest: Those awful weeks you spent alone in the forests have scarred you, making it hard for you to venture far into the woods.
Well, on the bright side, we have exactly the right job to have an ongoing feud with the forests.

+1
+1

We should probably ask about someone partnering up with us to show us the places to be in the forest while doing our job.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2014, 07:43:44 am »

+1
+1

We should probably ask about someone partnering up with us to show us the places to be in the forest while doing our job.
+1
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2014, 04:43:19 am »

+1. In short: try to make a friend, while doing our new job of cutting down the much hated forest.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2014, 05:00:42 pm »

Bump

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2014, 07:48:18 pm »

Bump

Yeah?

BUMPA BUMPA said M.C Hammer  :P

That was General Degree, not MC Hammer.

are you sure? i do hear that in "can't touch this" towards the end.

Goes somethin like "just for a minuite everybody do the bump. bumpa bump bump.". Or something weird thuggery.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2014, 03:19:06 am »

Bump
Yeah?
I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, but people want an update (This is why I, personally, never run anything that requires me to post over a screen of free prose with each update.)
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2014, 07:23:52 am »

Bump
Yeah?
I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, but people want an update (This is why I, personally, never run anything that requires me to post over a screen of free prose with each update.)

Basically that, TOM however runs and is part of quite a few games so he's got a lot to chew on.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2014, 11:41:39 pm »

-Summer, 1284-
-Fiefdom of Lord Havels, The County of Reinton, The Duchy of Akor, Kingdom of of Rothential-

You set out into the forest with your single axe, going to work on chopping down trees to provide your fiefdom with pressure wood. You take a sadistic pleasure in cutting into the trees that surrounded and taunted you during your weeks of wandering, (this phenomena was probably due to your hunger-based hallucinations, but your peasant brain doesn't know a thing about mental functioning) however, you quickly come to realize that woodcutting is no easy task. The cutting of the tree is simple enough, but actually fashioning the wood into usable timber requires skill and precision, along with extra hands. By the end of your first week in the community, you seek out a partner.
Fortunately for you, you come across a man in his forties seeking some aid, in fact, it is he who calls out to you first. "You! Newcomer boy, help me saw this log in half." You both work the saw, introducing yourself as Oslaf Hruomcarl. The man is named Habel Ashweil, who has the strength and voice of an ox. After the first few days of partnership, you feel that teaming up with Habel was a good decision, even if he can get spontaneously angry at times. Fortunately, this anger is never directed at you, but rather the weather, the wood, the Earth, Lord Havels, or some other greater being. You listen to him patiently as he goes on his occasional rants. Together with Habel, you manage to procure enough wood on weekly basis to convince the Timbercart caravans that you are worthy of receiving food.

[Traits Identified - Habel Ashweil:
Built: This character is loaded with muscle, and could probably wrestle a bear, punch through a wall, or empty a bottle of Ketchup in one squeeze, if that had been invented.
Veteran Woodcuter: This character has spent many years working in a Woodcutting occupation, and has achieved proficiency in the field.
Wroth: A sudden terrible rage can overcome this character out of nowhere, seizing them into a fury of emotions which seeks to steamroll any opposition in its path.]

One mid-summer day during work, you show Habel the rust on your axe, and ask him if there's any way to fix it. "Short of a blacksmith boy? No, I'm afraid your stuck with it. I doubt you have the gold to pay for it, if you've got any gold at all. See, Lord Havel doesn't care about our tools being broken, or us getting sick. Because he's simply a rotten old devil. A bastard rat, if you will! A LYING WRETCH! SON OF A WHORE! SON OF A MARE! A MARE-WHORSE!" You later contemplate whether you should have brought it up at all.

You capitalize on the Sunday Sabbath and Church Service to socialize. You learn of your neighbors, and their fire-forged communal spirit as a product of working out in the woods year in and year out. Hopefully, one day you will be as accepted as everyone else. You learn several names, that quickly dissipate in your memory after finding little common ground with most people; they're nice enough, but not particularly talkative. However, near the end of the summer, brothers Timothy and Geffery Ackers ask if you'd like to join them on a wild game hunt they've organized with a few other young men to take place late into the fall, when the woods are brimming with life. They acknowledge the illegality of their action, but they claim it is not only for food, but to uphold a tradition that has gone back for generations. They assure you that Lord Havels men are around so infrequently, there's no chance that they'll be caught. They give you time to think about it, and tell you to talk to them if you firmly decide upon the matter one way or another.

As Summer gives way to Autumn, the air begins to chill. The leaves depart from the trees one by one. You huddle a bit closer to your fireplace every night. Despite being in a vibrant community, you can't help but feel a bit isolated and lonely.

Spoiler: Oslaf Hruomcarl (click to show/hide)

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
Re: -Dynasty- [Multi-Life Simulator SG] Summer, 1284 - Game Start
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2014, 04:33:49 am »

Join the hunt! Maybe we can get more friends there. Also save up for a new axe.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9