Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: Tales of a Solar Empire.  (Read 4912 times)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Re: Tales of a Solar Empire.
« Reply #45 on: April 11, 2014, 12:02:48 am »

Kakleonigon XXVIV, so the star cartographers will hate it forever. Perform a scan on the gas, see what it's comprised of.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello good people of the interwebs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 11, 2014, 12:36:02 am »

You don't currently have the right equipment to scan the planet.
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #47 on: April 11, 2014, 01:48:15 am »

Ask for off-world transport opportunities at the bounty hunter office and pricing

((Based on the recent posts, I assume FTL tech is extremely cheap and fast. Not that Pazmu necessarily knows...))

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 11, 2014, 02:18:22 am »

(Human... Why it HAD to be human?)
Raskar grumbled, but tried to hold his despise - he was here after a job, after all. But his patience surely wearied thin. They better had some good jobs...
"I would like a job suitable for a small starship captain. Be it military, scouting or exploration."
He stared above Linda's head and tried not to look like a twinoid who wholeheartedly hated other races.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 11, 2014, 01:46:39 pm »

Pazmu

A large, muscle ridden man stands behind the counter. He had a large, dirty rats-nest of a beard, but asides from the his facial hair he was completely bald with the name Skinner tattooed on the top of his head, made up of us limbs with parts of the skin ripped off.
Skinner
"What chu looking for pencil arms? ... Transport?" He laughs whole-heartily, smacking his large, calloused hands on the counter. "Transport? No, even if the announcements say "Or alive," Ill just laugh at'ya for bringing them in alive, kill'em myself and take the money."

Raskar

Linda
"Let me see sir." She smiles and looks down at the computer screen. "Well, currently it looks like they're not recruiting military here, but they are on Earth if you want to join up there. If not, there is a job the military will pay you for. Theres a pirate is the system thats been attacking military ships that they'll pay you for taking out."

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 11, 2014, 01:55:39 pm »

(Well, to hell with serving humans. Although mercenary job doesn't sound bad...)
"Can you provide me some more information about that pirate?", - Raskar politely required. - "Like weaponry, area of activity, preferred targets?"
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 11, 2014, 02:06:46 pm »

Linda
She nods and makes a screen materialize facing Raskar with information about the pirate.

Pirate Jason LeBoyd
Wanted;
200 credits for destroying his ship.
400 credits for bringing proof of death. (Head)
Last Known Location; X: -1546 Y: 122 Z: -8145
Other Information; Captures and sells slaves, uses Kinetic Weapons, has cheaply repaired engines.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 11, 2014, 02:10:04 pm »

"Thanks. I'll go for him, then."

Now, to search weapons for Light Bringer... And to remember a thing or two about spacefight in general. Heck, I don't even know the most effective method of smiting my enemy into wasted cosmic trash!

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 11, 2014, 02:15:17 pm »

Lightbringer is already equipped with a Light Laser Cannon
Light Laser Cannon
10-12 laser damage.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 11, 2014, 02:22:10 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It didn't have any weapons back then. But who am I to protest?  :)

((Still, can you give some insight into space battles? For now, I don't even know what I must be concerned about and how everything might play out. Can one ambush another in the open space? Quite possible, but you must have very long radar range to do that reliably. What about asteroids and other "environmental" features? Do they affect battles in any way?))

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #55 on: April 11, 2014, 02:53:08 pm »

Head to space port and ask for off-world employment

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 11, 2014, 07:06:19 pm »

Fly in close, and attempt to obtain a specimen!
The Derail Thread

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 11, 2014, 09:28:54 pm »

Pazmu

There isn't a whole lot going on at the port, but there are a few smugglers openly trading their ill gotten goods.

Cromwell

As soon as you drop down into the gas of the atmosphere some of the paint on your ship strips off, and theres a small flash from the engines, causing damage to the engines. However, the ship does automatically take a sample of the gas and put it on the computer screen.
55% Methane
35% Neon
10% Helium

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 11, 2014, 09:45:13 pm »

Well, off to the next planet, then.
The Derail Thread

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 11, 2014, 09:46:38 pm »

The next planet in the system is a medium-sized planet, just from looking, it looks like it has water and plant-life.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9