Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: The Zombie Siege of Mabdugteshkad Mostod  (Read 2441 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: The Zombie Siege of Mabdugteshkad Mostod
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2014, 06:28:11 pm »

There may be a necromancer or four hiding in the shadows. Finding them takes FOREVER (unless you use magma). If there are none, stick to using crossbows and water cannons/traps to push them back.
Long rows of cage traps with refuse for lure works well.

Melting Sky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Zombie Siege of Mabdugteshkad Mostod
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2014, 04:56:59 am »

My two cents on traps is, yes cage traps effectively instant kill whatever steps on them (and prevents reanimation) but weapon traps can attack many many times, I think the more zombies there are the more efficient weapon traps get.

Exactly, so long as they don't use edged weapons they will rarely clog. I guess it also depends if you have heaps of excess weapons lying around or not. Most forts are overflowing with weapons after a couple of years but in the very early game they might be harder to come by. My current fort has literally hundreds of useless weapons lying around. You can cram a lot of killing power into a small number of weapons traps. Even with just ten weapons traps you can hit  every zombie that walks through the trap line up to 300 times before it makes it out the other side, a hundred times if you are using the typical goblin trash weapons rather than spiked balls. I guess it depends on how many zombies you have. With a couple dozen zombies, cage traps are highly efficient. Not so much so with a hundred or more. Then again cage traps are so crazy cheap it doesn't really matter so long has you have half your fort with with the mechanic labor active.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 05:18:34 am by Melting Sky »
Pages: 1 2 [3]