Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: YouTube Video Downloading  (Read 1894 times)

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: YouTube Video Downloading
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2014, 08:51:18 am »

With my option you just copy the link to the video, paste it in the program, click download and you should get a list of the available qualities.
Same with Keepvid.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2014, 09:58:56 am »

If the video's blocked, you might not be able to circumvent that by downloading it, however. I don't know the technical details of how the downloaders work, but it's entirely possible that Youtube blocks stuff by denying its servers the ability to serve relevant files at all.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2014, 11:04:06 am »

Well, now it's downloading it. So, weird.

Now I just have to actually work on the thing.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2014, 03:41:04 pm »

Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 2 [3]