Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: YouTube Video Downloading  (Read 1893 times)

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: YouTube Video Downloading
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2014, 10:23:27 am »

...Centre? I think I have the wrong thing.
If it's Centre, I can't find it.

... I'm English.

Link to the userscripts page.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2014, 10:44:49 am »

...Centre? I think I have the wrong thing.
If it's Centre, I can't find it.
... I'm English.
But the guy who named the program isn't. Which confused me.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2014, 11:17:04 am »

If you can convert from mp4, Keepvid is an easy way of downloading videos without downloading software*. I'm assuming you don't have other video editing software.
*Assuming you already have java.
Just WMM. AFAIK.
And yeah, if I can find a way to convert files I'll be good. I think someone suggested something...
FFmpeg can transcode from almost any format to almost any other format, but it's a pretty dense command line tool.
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2014, 11:22:12 am »

Once you've installed Youtube Center, you should be able to configure various options by going to your Extensions menu in Chrome, finding the entry for Youtube Center, and looking for the link to Options. By default, though, a Download menu should appear on each video just below the uploader's account picture.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2014, 12:53:21 pm »

I've got a couple options now. I just need to actually get things prepared and done. Thanks to everyone who helped!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2014, 01:35:10 pm »

Okay, I take that back. How do I download videos with YouTube Center?
Sig

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2014, 01:40:37 pm »

By default, though, a Download menu should appear on each video just below the uploader's account picture.
Look for that on a given video's page.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2014, 01:46:02 pm »

Well, thanks for the advice.
Sig

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2014, 01:48:33 pm »

Hm... is it not there? If not, I have no idea where to go from there. Sorry about that.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2014, 02:33:48 pm »

As it happens, it's there for all the videos except the ones I can't get from clipconverter.

Some of the videos might be parodies blocked by the Disney legal team.
Sig

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2014, 02:35:01 pm »

Maybe you should try my option. I think it's simpler to use.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2014, 07:32:07 pm »

Does it get around the issue?
Sig

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2014, 10:29:29 pm »

If you're still getting format issues, you can always use Format Factory to convert the files.

Just as well, I use Flashgot and DownThemAll! to get my videos and audio rips.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2014, 06:45:57 am »

If you're still getting format issues, you can always use Format Factory to convert the files.
Not those issues. The issues where I can't download the video, period. See above.
Sig

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2014, 08:24:33 am »

With my option you just copy the link to the video, paste it in the program, click download and you should get a list of the available qualities.
Pages: 1 [2] 3