Author Topic: -  (Read 19046 times)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: DERPA, a KSP Succession Game
« Reply #75 on: April 24, 2014, 02:06:55 pm »

Oh, woops.

Ok, got the correct game now. Expect the update later, though not sure what i can do to match.

Implode the Sun.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 26, 2014, 03:00:15 pm »

Sorry guys. With my brand new illness(TM), i haven't been able to do an update. Just skip me.

Sorry again.  :-\
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

thobal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 26, 2014, 03:39:46 pm »

So I guess that means I'm up?
Signature goes here.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 26, 2014, 03:45:24 pm »

Yep.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

thobal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 27, 2014, 07:20:32 pm »

Okay, I decided to break this into 2 parts because I was taking so long. Anyways, here is an imgur album of Lars Kerman's Journey to the Mun.

http://imgur.com/a/e4dkw/all
Signature goes here.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 27, 2014, 08:35:22 pm »

Okay, I decided to break this into 2 parts because I was taking so long. Anyways, here is an imgur album of Lars Kerman's Journey to the Mun.

The inefficiency in this is giving me a tick :P

I mean I'm just looking at it and suddenly "This stage still has fuel, but its bulky so ditching" and I go "GHAHGHAHAGAHGSHSHHAGH"

Indeed, I do this.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 27, 2014, 08:54:12 pm »

I don't know but my ship prototypes have yet to get to orbit much less their destination.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 27, 2014, 09:22:25 pm »

I don't know but my ship prototypes have yet to get to orbit much less their destination.

Orbit is easy:
Step 1- Make rocket that doesn't implode
Step 2- Point towards space
Step 3- Get to 70000 meters
Step 4- Point right till at the "horizon" on the navball (part where blue and orange meet)
Step 5- Burn till Periapsis is at least 70000 meters
Step 6- ???
Step 7- Profit

So yeah, that's how you do that. Granted that's certainly not the most efficient way, but its a good start and experience will refine that method down to actual gravity turns, given time.

Indeed, I do this.

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 27, 2014, 10:33:39 pm »

I mean I'm just looking at it and suddenly "This stage still has fuel, but its bulky so ditching" and I go "GHAHGHAHAGAHGSHSHHAGH"
I have to agree.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 28, 2014, 01:20:50 am »

How was that tick when I did my mun-shot? Launched sideways in the wrong direction, then burned 60% of my fuel going into a highly incluned solar orbit that put me nowhere neat the mun, then used most of the rest finally getting to orbit :p

Orbit is easy:
Step 4- Point right till at the "horizon" on the navball (part where blue and orange meet)
Step 6- ???
Step 7- Profit

So yeah, that's how you do that. Granted that's certainly not the most efficient way, but its a good start and experience will refine that method down to actual gravity turns, given time.

You forgot Step 4 - Wait untill you have reached your 70 kilometer apoapsis, THEN burn prograde untill your periapsis is at 70 km.
But yeah, it's easy once you get the hang of it.

Edit: Quote from, the imgr album "Yellow circle inside green means getting close"
How did you get the coloured lights? Is that one of the new tweakables? I had no idea.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 01:25:50 am by MarcAFK »
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 28, 2014, 01:32:15 am »

How was that tick when I did my mun-shot? Launched sideways in the wrong direction, then burned 60% of my fuel going into a highly incluned solar orbit that put me nowhere neat the mun, then used most of the rest finally getting to orbit :p

Ok, I had to go back and check that because I REALLY didn't remember anyone going into a SOLAR orbit just to do a Munshot, which is hilarious and incredibly retarded.
You went into a POLAR orbit btw, which is bad, but not as ungodly horrible as what you said you did :P

Indeed, I do this.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 28, 2014, 01:36:28 am »

Well the orbital prediction said it was a solar orbit untill I did a burn to slow down into a munar one, but yeah.
Kirk derped hard and made it through by the skin of his teeth.
BTW I do actually know how to do a proper munshot, but I figured what the hell this is a succession game right? :p
I think I remember roughly calculating how much dV each stage needed and adding in 10% extra per stage, but it was late and I have no recollection what method I used or how rough it was.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 01:40:15 am by MarcAFK »
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 28, 2014, 04:28:26 am »

Well, I used the KSP wiki's cheat sheet. I guess you could guess the approximate mass of the rocket instead of calculating it?
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 28, 2014, 05:45:46 am »

Orbit is easy:
Step 6- ???
Step 7- Profit

Yeah but I couldn't build a rocket capable of getting to the height for gravity turn until five minutes after I posted that after which I made an almost perfect prototype almost by accident.

thobal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 28, 2014, 05:52:39 am »

Orbit is easy:
Step 6- ???
Step 7- Profit

You forgot Step 4 - Wait untill you have reached your 70 kilometer apoapsis, THEN burn prograde untill your periapsis is at 70 km.
But yeah, it's easy once you get the hang of it.

Edit: Quote from, the imgr album "Yellow circle inside green means getting close"
How did you get the coloured lights? Is that one of the new tweakables? I had no idea.

Yerp, that's about the size of it. The best part is that it blends the shades additively. That's actually a red light and a green light.
Signature goes here.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13