-
« Last Edit: August 13, 2021, 08:47:02 pm by IronTomato »

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: DERPA, a KSP Succession Game
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2014, 07:35:57 pm »

You know, you don't realize that you mod your games to hell and back until you sign up for a vanilla succession game :P
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

thobal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2014, 08:14:41 pm »

You know, you don't realize that you mod your games to hell and back until you sign up for a vanilla succession game :P

That reminds me, I've been meaning to ask. Can we use engineer redux or are we eyeballing everything?
Signature goes here.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2014, 01:30:16 am »

I would prefer engineer or mechjeb, either I would consider to be practically vanilla.
However as a succession game I think harder leads to more 'fun'.
Also personally it's only when a new version comes out that I realise I've gone overboard on the mods, either since I have to reinsTall every damn one of them, or because I need to track down updated versions.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2014, 01:30:27 pm »

I'd personally prefer pure vanilla, because I haven't used any KSP mods before, but if the rest of you want to use mods, that's also fine with me.

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2014, 02:05:19 pm »

Probably not joining, but succession games that aren't vanilla are just... too easy. The only time that rule doesn't apply is if the mods specifically make the game harder (deadly re-entry and such, but all the *good* mods that make games harder need another mod, like FAR that makes it easier in some aspects). The biggest problem with vanilla and not having engineer is that people refuse to take things slow. It's entirely possible to figure out how much dV is in a rocket using math and values the game gives you, and as long as you plan nodes out and don't try to do things on the fly it's not that hard to get to duna, land, and come back before you have even researched the larger rocket stages... all on vanilla.
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

Rabid_Cog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2014, 02:06:45 pm »

Lets go with vanilla for the !!FUN!!. I mean, whats the worst that could happen? Although I am going to miss FAR just because the vanilla KSP aerodynamic model is so bad.

I'm ready to take my turn whenever. Already got a clean version of ksp sitting on my pc.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2014, 02:42:03 pm »

I also vote for vanilla. I don't even use engineer or mechjeb anyway :P
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2014, 02:47:18 pm »

I'll take a turn if you guys run into a rut where you can't get more (or a large enough amount) to upgrade from over 3 or 4 launches. Also I highly suggest launches BEFORE we actually have basic tech (aka, launches where you just run around and collect samples around the launchpad etc) shouldn't be counted as a turn... otherwise it'll be turn 6 before we do anything.
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
-
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2014, 10:08:44 pm »

-
« Last Edit: August 13, 2021, 08:47:09 pm by IronTomato »

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2014, 12:09:40 am »

I'll take a turn if you guys run into a rut where you can't get more (or a large enough amount) to upgrade from over 3 or 4 launches. Also I highly suggest launches BEFORE we actually have basic tech (aka, launches where you just run around and collect samples around the launchpad etc) shouldn't be counted as a turn... otherwise it'll be turn 6 before we do anything.
I support this, the Tomato shall get us the basics, then the real shiz begins.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

thobal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2014, 03:25:11 pm »

I support this, the Tomato shall get us the basics, then the real shiz begins.
I dunno, I can get 40 science on the first launch just going straight up and down then sampling the pad and KSC, and basically get to Mun and back on the second. Not that I'd try it in a real game because it's very iffy to launch with so little control. But as long as he doesn't totally muck up, the second player shouldn't have any trouble orbiting.

@IronTomato: It just gives you numbers, doesn't actually control anything or add useful parts.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 03:27:03 pm by thobal »
Signature goes here.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2014, 05:01:42 pm »

As long as you grab science jr before the easy tech has all been used there should be plenty to go around without whole missions devoted to wandering around kerbin, those should really wait untill you've got a decent spaceplane.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2014, 06:57:41 pm »

Right, I am in. And I say no mods.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13