Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Armies of Kallamere (This is back!)  (Read 6974 times)

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
Re: Armies of Kallamere (This may or may not be back.)
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2014, 01:50:08 pm »

Setting 6 knights on either side of the column and sending another 3 with a few men at arms to scout ahead, you begin marching in the general direction of your castle. Throughout the day's traveling, nothing eventful happens, though you did stumble upon the wreck of a burned caravan. It had been derelict for a while; at least a week or two. Despite that the men found a locked strongbox in one of the carts. Unfortunately, bashing it against a nearby rock did not open it. One of the men will carry it until the locksmiths at the castle can have a go at it.

At evening, the men set up camp and finish off the day's rations. Nothing happens during the night, though a few of the watchmen report seeing fires in the distance. They were roughly in the same direction you are heading and it would be easy to alter course a bit and inspect what it was.

In the morning, a quick scout around the campsite reveals a hidden stream in a shallow crevice. The men were able to make suitable canteens by layering some sacks together and tying them tightly. The containers should last until you make it to the castle, so long as the men don't drop them.

Spoiler: Rations (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Troops (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
Re: Armies of Kallamere (This is back!)
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2014, 06:51:52 pm »

Continue to the castle. Be wary of filthy bandits!

I bet they want our water...

Also I think those fires burned that caravan so..yeah definitely keep watch of those fires.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2014, 07:43:42 pm »

Anything else, or just 3man's suggestion?

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2014, 10:57:19 pm »

Am I the only one suggesting?

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2014, 10:58:23 pm »

Anything else, or just 3man's suggestion?
I think we're just waiting on the castle right now, so, yeah, his suggestion.
Take a closer look at this text!

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2014, 11:00:31 pm »

For this turn, yes. I suppose I'll update tomorrow, even if no one +1s/suggests.
Nevermind, thanks Lyeos. I'll still update tomorrow - I really should get to sleep.

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2014, 11:19:44 pm »

PTW.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2014, 11:23:03 pm »

Yeah, make our way to the castle, use our knights as out ridding scouts, have them stay in pairs of two though, cant have them being ambushed. Give them orders to not engage but report back to us every few hours, or whenever they see enemy forces.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2014, 11:31:01 pm »

Yeah, make our way to the castle, use our knights as out ridding scouts, have them stay in pairs of two though, cant have them being ambushed. Give them orders to not engage but report back to us every few hours, or whenever they see enemy forces.

I don't think we have horses. Our rag tag group just made it out of an ambush.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2014, 12:42:21 am »

My mistake, I took the men at arms to be mounted retainers, which is why they didn't have the dismount thing by their name, and the knights did.
Still, out "riding" scouts is still a good idea.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2014, 10:24:29 am »

With another day ahead of them, your group sets out - a few dispersing into small groups around the perimeter. Some come back every now and then to get a drink and bite to eat, as well as report their limited findings. However, once your troop reaches the area the fires were in, a man comes back to report.
"Sir, there was a good many men camped here last night! The large number and area of foot and horse steps shows us that, at the very least. There were also quite a few holes in the ground. I would suppose that they were for tent spikes."
You reply with:
"Do you have any indicator as to who camped here?"
"No sir, they left nothing in the way of identifiers."
"Then we should hope they are friendly, or at least neutral, if we come across them. I doubt we could defeat them as we are. We should move now, and I will see for myself."
Taking a quick look as the troop passes by confirms the soldiers statements. Prints litter the field, and they lead off to the south east. There was nothing to be found there, so you move on and continue to the castle in the east. A few hours later, as dusk begins to tinge the sky, the castle - Lofmire's castle, now yours.

It takes a small while to get the guards to open the portcullis, but they eventually do when you explain what has happened.

Now you rest in your own chambers while they clear out Lofmire's private study and chambers for you to move into. Your men also take the time to rest and get warm food. The castle's steward, Reed Gilex, has given you all the documents pertaining to the castle's inventory and forces. You could read through them first, or prepare a letter to the king, or anything else you can think of really.

Spoiler: Rations (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Troops (click to show/hide)

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2014, 11:38:58 am »

Read through those documents. Send a letter to the king, alerting him to the recent events.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 01:45:51 pm by Alev »

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2014, 11:40:59 am »

Spare armor and weapons are stored in the armory - you can order new ones made if you want to, but it will take a while if you want anything of good quality.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2014, 01:39:52 pm »

Read through those documents. Send a letter to the king, alerting him to the recent events.
Also see what we have in the way of information on these bandits.

We need to strike back hard against them to prove to any doubters of our ability. Otherwise these bandits will get that much more bolder.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 21, 2014, 11:12:10 am »

Bump?
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4