Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Armies of Kallamere (This is back!)  (Read 6975 times)

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
Re: Armies of Kallamere
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2014, 08:54:03 pm »

(Okay, Elfeater's suggestion it is.)

Of course! Your name is Jeffery McGibbons, how could you forget? You also wish you had your mace, it would be handy in case a wild animal shows up. But no matter.

You set a few of the knights and the remaining men at arms to forage for edible food, and see if the brigands dropped anything when they left.

The cold air of night is starting to settle in when the men return. They come into your makeshift camp bearing large bundles of a juicy berry, raising everyone's morale. One of the men informs you that there is a small clearing with a lot of the bushes. He mentions that there is still a bit of the food left, about enough to fill another three bundles. Other than the berries, nothing important happened during the day. No weapons were found; the bandits looted them all.

You could send a few more men to retrieve the rest of the berries, but it is quite dark now. You should also think about getting back to the castle - you need to inform the king of what has happened here.

Spoiler: Rations (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Troops (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Your Equipment (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 09:47:31 pm by Worldmaster27 »

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2014, 09:40:28 pm »

Start marching off to the kings castle to report the news. Also see if we can get a weapon from the field so we're not abbreviated.

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2014, 03:34:06 pm »

Send some man to gather firewood while there is still light left and organize watches for the night. Ask details about the ambush, where did they leave, what weapons and equipment did they have, etc. and get a good night rest. Set out for Kings castle early next morning, but have someone wake us even earlier so we can send few people gather rest of the beries for breakfast.
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2014, 03:48:38 pm »

Send some man to gather firewood while there is still light left and organize watches for the night. Ask details about the ambush, where did they leave, what weapons and equipment did they have, etc. and get a good night rest. Set out for Kings castle early next morning, but have someone wake us even earlier so we can send few people gather rest of the beries for breakfast.
+1

We won't get far if we do not rest now. Still;

Employ a Nightwatch
Who knows, the bandits may come back to finish their job...

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2014, 04:18:11 pm »

It is early in the night; your men have a fire going and they were smart enough to collect enough firewood for rest of the night.

((Semi-update, I'll make a full one a bit later if there is enough momentum behind a suggestion))

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2014, 05:03:06 pm »

Also, find a hefty cuddle (from the woods), or scavenge a mace from the battle field.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2014, 05:19:04 pm »

I was about to say, make improvised weapons out of wood and stone, unless we can find some stuff on the battlefield.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2014, 06:09:39 pm »

The cold air of night is starting to settle in when the men return. They come into your makeshift camp bearing large bundles of a juicy berry, raising everyone's morale. One of the men informs you that there is a small clearing with a lot of the bushes. He mentions that there is still a bit of the food left, about enough to fill another three bundles. Other than the berries, nothing important happened during the day. No weapons were found; the bandits looted them all.
((You don't have any metal weapons. I'll start writing in half an hour; it seems like Mr. Strange's course of action with improvised weapons.))

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2014, 07:37:00 pm »

Organize watches for the night. Ask details about the ambush, where did they leave, what weapons and equipment did they have, etc. and get a good night rest. Set out for Kings castle early next morning, but have someone wake us even earlier so we can send few people gather rest of the berries for breakfast.
make improvised weapons out of wood and stone

Now that some of the men are starting to fall asleep, you set a rotation of five men to keep watch and manage the fire. You order the final watch to wake you up when their rotation is halfway through. You take part in the first watch yourself. Around an hour in, you hear the sound of movement. Fear the bandits' return, you arm yourself with a nearby branch. Having the others do the same, you spend a few tense minutes waiting. Eventually, the sound fades away and your men relax. It had to have been a small animal, surely?

Six hours later, one of the dawn watch awakens you, as you had asked. He reports that nothing had happened during the night, and the sound hadn't returned. Waking three other men, including one of the foragers from yesterday, you set off towards the berries. Arriving fifteen minutes later, you discover that there's fewer left than your people said. Oliver suggests that a bear may have eaten some of the berries last night. He explains that you might have even heard that bear when you were on watch. Agreeing, you and the men gather what's left and head back. There was only enough there to bring back two bags, but it should be more than enough for the morning meal. The men enjoy the berries, and enjoy it even more when they realize the berries haven't made anyone keel over. After everyone has finished, you have them see if there are any sticks or rocks they can use as weapons. Most come up empty; a few find branches they can use a staffs and one finds a sharp rock to use as a kind of dagger. Unfortunately, you don't have time to make spears or anything out of the forest debris. As for yourself, you find a heavy stick to use as an improvised club.

With everyone more or less armed, you begin marching towards King Horace's castle: Castle Lauffe. You're still in the woods by the time you break for lunch. While everyone's getting their food, you ask Sir Oliver about the bandits. He tells you that you were one of the first to go down under the slinger's fire. When you ask about their equipment, he replies,"They had some iron weapons. Spears, quite a few swords, and an axe or two. Emerson, I saw, had twin steel shortswords. None of that fake, cheap steel, either. He had real Drael steel swords. Most of them, however, were using daggers or clubs; what you would expect on bandits. Armor-wise, they had some leather armor and mostly regular clothes. A few of them, like Emerson, were wearing chainmail over their leather. Kind of like what we're wearing now." You ask where they left to. "Where to exactly? I can't say. They left in the same direction we were told their lair is, so I'd assume that's right." You go to leave when Oliver calls to you. "Oh yeah! I forgot to mention - they have slingers too!" He shows off a toothy grin while you shake your head and walk away.

You finally stop at the edge of the forest. While your men eat and make camp, you ponder what to do. Your supplies aren't limitless, and you could make it to your castle within two days of traveling. From there, you could continue on to Castle Lauffe, or send a messenger with the news.

Spoiler: Rations (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Troops (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Your Equipment (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2014, 08:14:20 pm »

Second person is fine, whatever brings fastest updates...

Send few knights ahead of the main group to scout out the road, put few lookouts  at the sides as well, so we don't get nasty surprises. Does Jeffery's castle have food stores for our group? Weapons and armor? Could we arrange them from there in reasonable time? I think arming ourselves and sending messenger for the king would be best, since we can't fight larger force without superior equipment and I'd rather have all the advantages we can get.
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2014, 09:17:33 pm »

I'll give details about it when(if) you get there. But yes, there will be replacement weapons for all those who lost theirs. As for armor, knights have the same stuff as you.(the men at arms have leather tunics, boots and caps.) For food, you have enough preserved food in the walls to keep the castle fed for a month if its under siege. So, a lot. Like, a lot a lot. To rearm and resupply, without resting, it would take less than three hours to set out again. But figures and specifics will come if we reach there.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2014, 07:37:39 pm »

Heh, just unlocked it if you want to necro it. I may try to find my notes if you do, though I think I deleted them. Which, come to think of it, is probably a good thing.

On an unrelated note: This is the only game of mine that Lyeos hasn't posted in IIRC.

I can finally feel complete!!!
Do I get a reward for posting in all of them? :?

Anyways...

Second person is fine, whatever brings fastest updates...

Send few knights ahead of the main group to scout out the road, put few lookouts  at the sides as well, so we don't get nasty surprises. Does Jeffery's castle have food stores for our group? Weapons and armor? Could we arrange them from there in reasonable time? I think arming ourselves and sending messenger for the king would be best, since we can't fight larger force without superior equipment and I'd rather have all the advantages we can get.

This, and also train with the men a bit in your free time! Especially after you arrive!
Take a closer look at this text!

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2014, 07:58:53 pm »

I'll give details about it when(if) you get there. But yes, there will be replacement weapons for all those who lost theirs. As for armor, knights have the same stuff as you.(the men at arms have leather tunics, boots and caps.) For food, you have enough preserved food in the walls to keep the castle fed for a month if its under siege. So, a lot. Like, a lot a lot. To rearm and resupply, without resting, it would take less than three hours to set out again. But figures and specifics will come if we reach there.

Interested still after all this time and also +1.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
Re: Armies of Kallamere (This may or may not be back.)
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2014, 08:20:25 pm »

Okay, I think I will revive this. I had deleted my notes, but I should be able to recreate whatever I need. I'm also really happy that I decided to make a wall of text in the OP spoilers with all that world building. It will help a lot. Update will be soonish, possibly tomorrow depending on how much I procrastinate.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Armies of Kallamere (This may or may not be back.)
« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2014, 08:23:58 pm »

Okay, I think I will revive this. I had deleted my notes, but I should be able to recreate whatever I need. I'm also really happy that I decided to make a wall of text in the OP spoilers with all that world building. It will help a lot. Update will be soonish, possibly tomorrow depending on how much I procrastinate.

Whoop whoop!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4