Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 19

Author Topic: Things You Accomplished Today  (Read 17742 times)

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
Re: Things You Accomplished Today
« Reply #210 on: May 24, 2014, 11:11:40 pm »

Today:

>registered for a mandatory college campus tour
>made a list of any and all the things I need to get done before that mandatory tour
>made a list of things I'd have to take on the mandatory 2 day long overnight college campus tour
>wrote down the date of that mandatory tour in several places so I can't lose it or forget about it
>also ordered my final high school transcript to be sent to the college once it becomes available

>practiced some classical guitar...for, like, half an hour. not that much practice, but it's something.
>jammed on 7 string electric guitar for about half an hour. not too great, but better than nothing.

>checked my email
>wasted time on the internet
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: May 25, 2014, 12:03:12 am »

Through a combination of YouTube, Imgur, and IRC I learned the following factoids.

> It's rude to point at people in South Korea, and instead of crooking your finger to beckon someone you either hold your hand out palm down and make a scratching gesture (though this is condescending), or more respectfully make a waving motion.
> John Horton Conway really wants to learn what the deal with the Monster Group is before he dies. The Monster Group is a group of shapes with exactly one-hundred-ninety-six-thousand-eight-hundred-eighty-four (196884) dimensions, that is one of 26 groups that have properties of rotational and reflectional symmetry that is not described by any of the finite or infinite families of groups.
> Dimetrodon was really not a dinosaur, and only looked sort of a little like one, it is in fact more closely related to Humans than it is the T-Rex... Chicago also has a really great surgical instruments museum.
> "Billet" does not rhyme with "Ballet", and I've been pronouncing it wrong all this time, and still am frankly.
> Kidney transplants typically involve leaving the old dysfunctional kidney's alone, and instead placing the new kidney lower down in the pelvic region.
> You know those "Flat rate" boxes USPS (not to be confused with UPS) advertises so much? They will deliver those boxes for free to your door.
> I apparently get more done while sitting on my arse procrastinating and fiddling around than when I make a concerted effort to get stuff done.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: May 25, 2014, 12:33:27 am »

I ran four miles in about an hour. Mind you, I live on some serious hills.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Eclectic Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • Vinum Sabbathi
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 25, 2014, 10:35:31 am »

Managed to break the combat system in my game in a way that I cant fix :(
Black chant mirrors the song of the stars
Open the abyss dreamt from afar
Abominations drawn to our dimension
Feed black desires, aid human ascension

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 25, 2014, 11:41:28 pm »

Today:

>Got a haircut
>Drove myself to the haircut place by myself, with no adult supervision, paid for the haircut myself, drove back. Not that big a deal, but one step closer to being an independent and self sufficient adult.
>worked on some graphics for my group's last game in my video game design class
>played guitar for an hour
>fiddled with my guitar gear
>wasted life procrastinated on the internet
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 28, 2014, 03:16:15 am »

I and a bro put together my new RC plane. It was all rather eventful: first we got everything covered in glue, including my ear for some reason, then we found out that the engine was mounted crooked but the hood was stuck, then bro left and I un-stuck the hood, put the prop on, and then it turned out that bro misconnected the channels (no idea how that happened - she put everything in as it was marked) and it turned out the throttle was bound to the wrong stick, so the plane took a short detour into a wall - at half throttle, thank gods - and I played the fun game of guess-what-goes-where. The instruction sheet for this thing was written by a Chinese person with more enthusiasm than English skills, so it was a challenge, but everything turned out alright now.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 28, 2014, 03:31:46 am »

Successfully installed PSO2jp. Also heard that there was also a PSO2 coming to Southeast Asian countries, such as Hong Kong, Singapore, and the Philippines.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #217 on: May 28, 2014, 04:28:10 pm »

>Went to the business office and successfully requested an extension of my license.
>Got to work earlier than expected and had a friendly chat with coworker J.
>Told the kids in 3rd and 4th grade how much money they helped us earn at the charity fair yesterday. There was much pride and rejoicing.
>Reluctantly went to work party for new job, turned out to be fun, great conversation, good times.

To be honest, I'm finding that posting these lists on Bay12 is actually becoming less effective than it used to be on my old blog. I suppose it's to do with what we associate with a given place. That blog was solely for these types of thoughts and loading up the editor got me in the right mindset. Bay12 is more about games for me. So while I still encourage everyone to keep posting on here (and I'll keep reading and probably keep highlighting some of my more exciting moments), I might go back to the blog for my daily posts...

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 30, 2014, 02:10:34 pm »

>took my AP macroeconomics final, got a 90 on it. Pretty good I guess, considering others were getting 60s or 70s or 80s and were happily telling their friends how they managed to pass the class. I studied a bit though, I don't know who else studied for the final.

I'm pretty much done with high school now, economics was the only final I couldn't exempt from because it was only a semester long class, as opposed to a full year long class. Everything else I can exempt from because I kept good grades and attendance all school year. One more week, then graduation. The lack of stress I'm feeling at the moment is great.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 30, 2014, 02:14:36 pm »

Talked to lawyer, got depressed, changed my address with friend of court. Hung out with family.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 19, 2014, 02:49:50 pm »

New post!

Today, I freehanded the Transformers and Decepticons symbols onto the whiteboard at work. ^_^

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 19, 2014, 03:08:02 pm »

> Researched a bunch of stuff
> Applied for a bunch of stuff
> Avoided getting bit by dog
> Dealt with police concerning said dog
> Errands at mechanics'
> Dealt with an architect's screw up on a building
> Dealt with odd social situation

etc.... I don't know
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Eclectic Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • Vinum Sabbathi
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 20, 2014, 02:43:07 pm »

Worked on my python text adventure called "Nuclear War Survival Skills"
Black chant mirrors the song of the stars
Open the abyss dreamt from afar
Abominations drawn to our dimension
Feed black desires, aid human ascension

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 22, 2014, 02:37:12 pm »

Finished my first workout with Zombies, Run! 5K.  It's like being in a zombie movie/game and the time just flies by!

After injuring my back on New Year's and then my right leg soon after, I got up to 193 lbs. I finally got back into the swing of things and I'm down to 181. My goal weight is 160-170 lbs, depending on how much muscle I gain from the strength training I'm also doing.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #224 on: June 22, 2014, 03:10:32 pm »

Finished my first workout with Zombies, Run! 5K.  It's like being in a zombie movie/game and the time just flies by!

Whoa. That actually looks pretty awesome. Almost makes me want to get a smartphone. Almost.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 19