Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19

Author Topic: Things You Accomplished Today  (Read 17781 times)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Things You Accomplished Today
« Reply #106 on: April 25, 2014, 05:43:12 am »

Ha, well it doesn't sound like you need any tips. 1000 words is only about a page and a half A4, so if you wrote 13 pages in an hour, that was something like 8250 words!!!
._.
Yay~ Thanks!!! :D

> Made a draft-world-map of the world of my RTD~
'Tis lookin' swell, yo.
Now to get the bloody geography right. :I

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #107 on: April 25, 2014, 05:49:40 am »

Now to get the bloody geography right. :I

Step 1: open minor vein.

Accomplishments:

• Finished work early
  • Did more spriting
  • Upgraded rabbit habitation.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 25, 2014, 11:29:28 am »

I moved the sheep further back the garden, designing the optimal enclosure, that give them space, protect the vegetable garden and use every last inch of fence we have.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #109 on: April 25, 2014, 02:48:04 pm »

>Got a little over 1000 words done.
>Cleaned up my apartment a bit.
>Took my friend's 5-year-old daughter for the night. Have survived the first half.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 25, 2014, 05:35:02 pm »

Today I managed to walk home while having an adequate discussion of small talk with some random stranger I only knew the existence of because we happened to have the same English class book-group-meeting-thing after school. Only reason I accompanied him, and probably the only reason he asked for my company in the first place, was because he "hated walking alone." Plebeian.  :P

That being said, the small talk wasn't horribly awkward and I probably didn't act too much like a weirdo. With that that being said, I don't even recall the dude's name. Don't think I even learned it.

Anyway, at least I didn't suck too bad at making conversation with a stranger. Minor social success get!
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 27, 2014, 03:20:43 am »

Talk of 1000 words is bringing back memories of secondary school English.

It reminds me of my philosophy class. Once we had a subject like "Is the ability to learn from mistakes characteristic of humaniness?". My first draft was something like this.

No.1

1 Smith J. et al., 2008 This animal can totally learn things from mistake Journal of Animals Learning Stuff From Mistake, pp 45-48

With an actual source. My teacher wasn't pleased.  :P

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 27, 2014, 03:46:33 am »

I simply love ending philosophy debates with rigorous study. Mmm.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #113 on: April 27, 2014, 04:29:17 am »

I took a single philosophy course in university. The professor began the first lesson by declaring that his personal beliefs were facts and anyone who disagreed with them would fail the course. (He didn't put it that way, of course, but that's what he meant.) And that was the end of my scholarly interest in philosophy. Surprisingly, I later discovered various types of philosophy on my own and enjoyed reading about them, and have developed my own since then.

I think I'm going to skip writing about yesterday, for reasons I won't share here lest they later remind me of unpleasant experiences.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 27, 2014, 04:42:26 am »

I took a single philosophy course in university. The professor began the first lesson by declaring that his personal beliefs were facts and anyone who disagreed with them would fail the course. (He didn't put it that way, of course, but that's what he meant.)
I take the first day as either methods of introduction at best...though here? I believe he was introducing the broad spectrum of philosophy in that manner (and its negative attributes, in a way).
While Philosophy generally means the love for wisdom, it doesn't mean that it can trample over any other thing in existence xD

> Ran a community fort. 'Fix'd it into oblivion :>
By which it's nice, squeaky and clean!

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #115 on: April 27, 2014, 05:00:49 am »

Haha, oh, no, I actually stayed in that class for the whole semester. That was really how he felt and taught. Philosophy X is RIGHT, philosophy Y is WRONG. Anyone who wrote an essay trying to defend philosophy Y got a bad grade. He spent a lot of time yelling at the whole class because someone was "taken in" by something they read and defended the "wrong" side of an argument. It was really the opposite of what genuine philosophy ought to be about, scared me away from the whole academic subject for many years because I thought all of the courses and professors would be like that.

Philosophy should be fun, everyone! Younger folks who are considering studying it, go for it, just beware of idiots who somehow got themselves teaching positions. : )

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 27, 2014, 07:51:22 am »

I took a single philosophy course in university. The professor began the first lesson by declaring that his personal beliefs were facts and anyone who disagreed with them would fail the course. (He didn't put it that way, of course, but that's what he meant.)
I take the first day as either methods of introduction at best...though here? I believe he was introducing the broad spectrum of philosophy in that manner (and its negative attributes, in a way).
While Philosophy generally means the love for wisdom, it doesn't mean that it can trample over any other thing in existence xD

> Ran a community fort. 'Fix'd it into oblivion :>
By which it's nice, squeaky and clean!
I notice that this forum has trained me to stop reading at horizontal lines and ignore everything afterwards (because it’s usually a signature). I didn’t notice your whole post until I looked again a few minutes later.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #117 on: April 27, 2014, 02:21:55 pm »

>Overcame crushing fatigue to manage a bit of exercise.
>Added some to my SN game project after a long break from it.
>Watched a few episodes of classic Star Trek.
>Got my copper engineering wings in Therian Saga.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #118 on: April 28, 2014, 02:54:39 pm »

>3rd grade was on a field trip so I only had to teach 4th.
>Lovely, warm, sunny morning followed by crazy intense thunderstorm on the way home from work.
>managed 1000 words this morning and another 1000 in the afternoon without any stress whatsoever.
>Watched "Jodorowsky's Dune," the documentary about the film that never got made. Feeling intensely inspired.
>Actually remembered to clean the cat box and take out the trash this morning.

EDIT: it's a bit early to do today, but I don't want to forget this one:
>The cat had been trying to get me to play with him all morning. Heard him pooping in his litter box and trying to bury it. Looked over at the bathroom to see him sticking his head out, wondering what's taking me so long to come take care of this. I get up, and his face disappears. When I step into the bathroom I see him crouched behind the toilet, ready to attack. I get some toilet paper, grab the poop to throw it in the toilet, and WHAM! Out he dashes, trying to grab my hand or knock the poop out of it.
My cat used his poop to lure me into an ambush, friends. It was hilarious.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 02:52:10 am by Sappho »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 29, 2014, 02:56:23 am »

Damn, I just read the Wiki page for Jodorowski's Dune. Such a shame that movie was never made. I love Jodorowski (although I only knew him as a comic author).

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19