Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19

Author Topic: Things You Accomplished Today  (Read 17755 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Things You Accomplished Today
« Reply #90 on: April 22, 2014, 12:45:19 am »

I accomplished something today: I closed the store by myself for the first time! Nothing blew up. I was proud of myself. I now know that I can open and close the store with no extra guidance. My boss has been without an assistant manager for months, and I immediately come in and lock the job down. I'm really happy with myself. ^_^

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 22, 2014, 03:28:35 am »

After three hours of standing in 80-people long queue (from 7am to now), avoiding two instances of fisticuffs and without much vulgar insults exchange with the elderly, I've managed to secure my sister a laser therapy on 19th May.

I feel proud of myself. This truly proves I can fight with administrative machine of Poland without losing hope and sanity :D
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #92 on: April 23, 2014, 12:50:20 am »

>Got ready for work earlier than usual, had extra time to read.
>Was totally in control of 1st/2nd grade classes, maybe for the first time all year.
>Found a way to keep drama club mostly quiet for an entire half hour.
>Actually had energy left over after work.
>Finally went to bio store and got the good soy milk powder.
>Nearly home, from inside the tram I saw a massive thunderstorm beginning. I jumped out 2 stops early to walk home through the park in the rain. It became an incredible downpour within seconds and I was soaked as though I had jumped into a lake. The park was abandoned. I jogged as far as I could without collapsing (I'm in really terrible cardiovascular shape), then fast-walked the rest of the way. Mid-way through, it turned to hail. Big pieces of hail that actually stung when they hit me. Just as I was nearing home, the storm mostly let up, reduced to a light rain. Despite my discomfort I felt just amazing and couldn't stop laughing.
>Despite incredible exhaustion, managed to get over 1000 words written for novel.

bicueites

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 23, 2014, 05:25:20 am »

Finally compiled the first version of my dwarf fortress utility.
I still need to debug and test it.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 23, 2014, 08:00:43 am »

Tweaked a script for ripping music from SoundCloud, to get around their security changes.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 23, 2014, 08:16:41 am »

- Did my laundry properly
- Remembered to shave before today's JROTC inspection
- Made my gf smile

Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 23, 2014, 10:52:18 am »

I approve of the thread, Sappho! I can be a rather dolorous person, and I know I would feel better if I kept a gratitude journal. That should go on my todo list.

Today is more productive than yesterday. I’ve already spent two hours programming, and I still have this whole afternoon.

Beast Tamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 23, 2014, 11:44:16 am »

-I likely aced or did well on the Math final I was worried about.
-Signed up for many scholarships, and determined which ones I shall pursue later.
-Dreamed up designs for a Dwarf Fort.
-Concocted an experimental recipe for pizza to try at later date.
-Worked on Karate Kata.
-Brainstormed ideas for my writings.
There is currently a minor problem in that the veteran demons fighting in the corpse factory have failed to die in the 2 year battle and have become legendary unkillable gods of war. I may have misjudged this possible outcome.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #98 on: April 23, 2014, 02:22:24 pm »

>Taught 3rd and 4th grade lessons based on Adventure Time. Yes. That happened.
>Holy crap awesome weather.
>Private lesson asked for a Skype lesson today (got to go straight home after work and chill for a while before it started, then we talked about April Fool's Day pranks and Charlie and the Chocolate Factor for an hour).
>Manged to get over 1000 words done for novel before the Skype lesson started (did that shit in 45 minutes, YES).
>Realized how close to completion my first draft finally is.
>Came up with several promising short story ideas and actually thought to write them down.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 23, 2014, 05:17:42 pm »

(did that shit in 45 minutes, YES).
Holy shit. Prolific writer, much?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #100 on: April 24, 2014, 01:39:18 am »

Writing quickly is easy for me. Figuring out what to actually write... That's the difficult part! (Sometimes it takes me 4-5 hours to write that much... But yesterday was a great writing day!)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 24, 2014, 02:46:05 am »

Writing quickly is easy for me. Figuring out what to actually write... That's the difficult part! (Sometimes it takes me 4-5 hours to write that much... But yesterday was a great writing day!)
o_o
And I thought I had an accomplishment by writing up to 13 pages in MS word in an hour ._.
Could I ask for tips, Sappho? That's be amazing
On fantasy world building as the first and final outline...
Yeah I edit while I type >_<

> Finished recreating worldbuilding document ever since I lost it all in a USB
Yay! \o/

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #102 on: April 24, 2014, 03:14:44 am »

• Marmalised a Maths test
  • Marmalised an Afrikaans test
  • Marmalised an IT assignment in 5 minutes
  • Used the word 'marmalised' too many times.
  • Received feedback on a piece of writing.
  • Drew the pretty picturez.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #103 on: April 24, 2014, 03:20:46 am »

o_o
And I thought I had an accomplishment by writing up to 13 pages in MS word in an hour ._.
Could I ask for tips, Sappho? That's be amazing
On fantasy world building as the first and final outline...
Yeah I edit while I type >_<
Ha, well it doesn't sound like you need any tips. 1000 words is only about a page and a half A4, so if you wrote 13 pages in an hour, that was something like 8250 words!!!

EDIT: Today's List!

>Got last-minute notification that my Czech-speaking aide for my first and second grade beginners English classes wouldn't be there today and I was completely on my own. Totally managed to run the classes well without any Czech translation whatsoever and had a good time doing it, acting like a lunatic to teach the kids important words and explain things, everyone laughing and joining in like the best game of charades ever.
>The moment when kid K in first grade finally understood what I was trying to say (that the other teacher was out because her son was sick), the look on her face, awesome victory face, so great.
>Had a paper hat dance party with first grade in the last ten minutes of class.
>Actually got an English-speaking tech support rep on the phone after nearly a year of trying.
>Had enough energy left after work to go buy some new warm-weather socks and a brand new USB keyboard.
>My new keyboard has a number pad. A NUMBER PAD!!! And now I can even write on my new computer with its shitty keyboard, which means I can use game making software that won't run on my old machine.
>Even after this exhausting day, managed to write nearly 700 words for the novel.

Holy shit. I was just feeling kind of blah, but this is one of those days where writing down everything awesome that happened makes me realize what a great day it really was...
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 03:23:54 pm by Sappho »

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 24, 2014, 11:53:52 pm »

Today I:

>got through another day of school
>got invitations and stuff for my upcoming high school graduation
>two hour nap
>made a couple gifs as part of a running joke (micro meme? image macro?) in IronyOwl's Long Live the Queen Let's Play in the Play With Your Buddies board.
>procrastinated on homework by making aforementioned gifs instead. Multitasking, yo.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19