Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19

Author Topic: Things You Accomplished Today  (Read 17729 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: Things You Accomplished Today
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2014, 07:14:18 pm »

- Completed 2 full sets today with only small breaks in between, compared to stopping at one and a half sets the day before yesterday.
- Earned my learning permit, which means I can start driving soon.
- Talked to college people and nailed down the situation with my FAFSA.

So far, dominating this day.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2014, 07:43:08 pm »

-Published the third chapter of one of my fanfics
-Finished rewriting the entire backend of the text messaging system our company offers, hopefully unscrewing most of the crap I screwed up with it over the last few days

Hopefully I'll also get a computer that was dumped on me fixed of McViruses, as well as finishing this PowerPoint presentation for Texas Instruments tonight.

Through pain, I find wisdom.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2014, 08:51:14 pm »

-snip-
-Finished re-reading The Restaurant At the End Of the Universe; that's 18 books so far this year
-snip-

Funny you say that, I just started it.

Doing it for my english outside reading project now.

ANYWAY, THINGS I DID:
1. Homework
2. Managed to actually trade in DF
3. Homework
4. LOST AT POKEMON BOO HOO
5. Prepared for dirty tricks to get back at the guy who beat me
6. Homework
7. POSTED HERE
8. Accidentally quit without saving while playing Cataclysm after clearing an ENTIRE FRICKIN TOWN
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2014, 12:17:18 am »

8. Accidentally quit without saving while playing Cataclysm after clearing an ENTIRE FRICKIN TOWN

Is this an accomplishment? Is it something you really want to remember? Remember, you are trying to convince future you that you had a great/productive day, not just listing all the things that happened. Even if you don't feel good right now, try to find a way to trick future you into remembering today as a good one. That's the purpose of this thread: only write the good stuff.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2014, 02:38:50 am »

• Managed to overcome my translatory laziness and translated one of my newest Zeus: Master of Olympus adventures to english and uploaded it to HG server
  • Woke up without an ounce of tiredness or fever, two things that haunted my whole yesterday evening! Sleep fixes everything~
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2014, 01:20:04 pm »

>It's my birthday! I have survived 29 revolutions around the sun.
>Did recording for the magazine this morning. Was quick and easy and fun.
>Made teddy bears out of socks and rubber bands with 1st grade.
>Got a Mexico burger and fries for my dinner. Mmmm, guacamole.
>Reading a new Philip K. Dick novel.
>Unpleasant job tomorrow got canceled so I have the day free.
>Got invited to visit old school to say hi to kids tomorrow.
>Although I didn't tell anyone about my birthday, one friend actually remembered anyway.
>Watched a marathon of Star Trek films, old and new.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2014, 02:35:53 pm »

Is this an accomplishment? Is it something you really want to remember? Remember, you are trying to convince future you that you had a great/productive day, not just listing all the things that happened. Even if you don't feel good right now, try to find a way to trick future you into remembering today as a good one. That's the purpose of this thread: only write the good stuff.

I accomplished learning there. Made grave mistakes at both. Learning from my mistakes is part of life.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2014, 02:42:02 pm »

I accomplished learning there. Made grave mistakes at both. Learning from my mistakes is part of life.

Okay, that's a good reason to include those events. But in keeping with the spirit of the thread, please focus on that when you choose your wording. As in, instead of "LOST AT POKEMON BOO HOO," you could say something along the lines of "learned some tricks and improved my Pokemon skills."

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2014, 02:52:58 pm »

>It's my birthday! I have survived 29 revolutions around the sun.
Congratulations!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2014, 03:05:32 pm »

Happy cake day, Sappho.

>Finished the bracelet. Have nothing to take a picture with, but it's made of size 6 Preciosa beads, 8 beads a row, rainbow-coloured, sanded. I didn't have a schematic, so I just took beads and wove them on in random patterns. The result is pretty chaotic. Also discovered you can make a fastener-thingy out of that coke can opening thingy.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2014, 10:39:46 pm »

- Spent about an hour and a half (give or take 20 minutes) walking into town and getting a whole heaping helping of job applications. The apps were mostly for places that weren't hiring anyway, but I definitely got a lot more exercise than the tiny little jog I did the day before yesterday. Feeling the improvement.

- Fixed yet another bug in my endless runner game, in the process making it so that different obstacles can have different point values.

- Acquired an important piece of an important presentation that I need to do on the 16th.

- Sleep schedule is almost completely fixed.

- Fourth (!) consecutive day of not buying energy drinks :D
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2014, 11:40:19 pm »

Things I learned in boating school today is:

Things I got done today is are include:

>got my driver's license
>did the extra paperwork for financial aid
>found out that the extra work for the college application isn't nearly as bad as I thought it was, and don't need to worry about it at the moment
>checked my email. Twice. In one day. That's on average a 200% improvement compared to my past history of checking email.
>checked the progress of my SAT scores getting sent to the college.
>high school stuff
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Fluoman

• Bay Watcher
  • Anything the game allows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2014, 11:32:25 am »

I managed to make the IT department of 3 companies understand that Heartbleed was a serious threat. That was a great success!
"hey, look, my left hand! It's only bones now, gosh, has it been that long since that cave dragon bit it off?"

RtDs!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2014, 12:32:05 pm »

And lo, I went into the domain of the customer to the lair of the Tag Printer, their IT support by my side.

And verily did we do battle with the Tag Printer. The conflict was hard fought. Codices were consulted. Gods were prayed to. But in the end, it was strength of arms that won the day, and me realizing the roll was being put in backwards.

Then did the Tag Printer sing the sweet song of printing, and there was much rejoicing.

Now just to fix all the other shit that is wrong with them.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 12:34:56 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2014, 02:08:22 pm »

>Visited my old school, saw all the kids who have grown a whole year, they remembered me and were happy to see me and it was such a lovely time
>Had very deep and personal convos with friend who has always been very closed off and I've always wanted to get to know better
>Was supposed to be crummy weather but it turned out to be sunny and warm
>Made and ate a really nice salad
>Had a couple of glasses of properly prepared high-quality absinthe
>Got a surprise box full of magazines and swag from my new job
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19