Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 19

Author Topic: Things You Accomplished Today  (Read 17763 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: Things You Accomplished Today
« Reply #165 on: May 12, 2014, 10:21:12 am »

Built a Sharepoint site to streamline things for my project team. Holy crap, this is awesome. I think I'm going to be building one of these for EVERY project from now on. Looks like I might have to start learning how to do some coding to do custom tweaks and whatnot.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #166 on: May 12, 2014, 03:13:57 pm »

>First points-based video-game-style lesson with 4th grade was an enormous success!
>Wrote long email to boss detailing the lesson today and why and how it worked, hoping to persuade her to make this the standard.
>Laid out plans for next lesson tomorrow with 2nd grade.
>Called banks, found out important info regarding opening a new account for receiving my dirty foreign money to pay my student loans.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 12, 2014, 10:39:00 pm »

Today, I:

>Actually did studying for the AP US Government and Politics exam I have tomorrow. I actually reviewed stuff, did optional multiple choice practice exams, and wrote down various definitions of stuff I may need to remember better than if I had just read about it. Most of this was done outside of school, on my own time. This is a very rare thing for me to do.

>didn't procrastinate on doing all of this by playing games instead
>still got to play some games during relatively reasonable lengths of breaks

It's surprising how...not stressed I feel about studying. I'm not even upset at myself for having to "waste" time on stupid curriculum that has nothing to do with any of my other interests. I haven't really done much of any worth today, and still have to do a bunch of college application stuff eventually that I've made no progress on today and am now one step closer to the ever impending deadline for all the other things I need to do...but I did do a thing to help me not suck horribly at a test I paid money to take, so that's cool.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 13, 2014, 03:23:40 am »

I finally got around to activating my loyalty card for a chain of excellent restaurants.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #169 on: May 13, 2014, 02:49:16 pm »

>Discovered a second episode of The Next Generation that I actually liked (Loud As a Whisper -- the first was Heart Of Glory)
>Survived an extremely stressful day despite intense "head-buzzing" (a sign of sensory overload)
>Got a Mexico Burger for dinner
>Grabbed the Night Dive weekly Humble Bundle

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 13, 2014, 04:13:21 pm »

I got to draw a display for work today! Always feels good to be a little bit creative at work.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 13, 2014, 04:19:36 pm »

>Took the AP Government and Politics exam today. Probably didn't bomb it. Hopefully. The free response section went better than I expected, at least.

Just one more AP test in two days and high school's pretty much done.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 13, 2014, 06:41:45 pm »

Basically completed all my tasks for this reimplementation. Like 15 installs, networking up a handful of printers to them, setting up 1/3rd of the server back end, all done remotely, in about 24 work hours. Not too shabby.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #173 on: May 14, 2014, 03:16:07 pm »

>3rd grade test run of points-based learning, another smashing success.
>Lots more game-based learning plans.
>Wrote an article for the magazine.
>Finished reading a very long (and good) book.
>Got Vietnamese takeout from a place that normally sucks, but this time it was actually pretty good.
>Wrote a story of the day.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 04:49:29 pm by Sappho »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 15, 2014, 03:09:44 pm »

I'm 3/5's of the way done with my final exam! It's due in ~3.8 hours.

I'm actually fresh out of ideas. Damnit...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Moghjubar

• Bay Watcher
  • Science gets you to space.
    • View Profile
    • Demon Legend
« Reply #175 on: May 15, 2014, 03:38:17 pm »

I avoided going full berserk in that circumcision thread.

Such accomplishment, button such not pushed.
Steam ID
Making things in Unity
Current Project: Demon Legend
Also working on THIS! Farworld Pioneers
Mastodon

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #176 on: May 15, 2014, 03:43:11 pm »

>Spent over an hour creating worksheets for class today, emailed them to myself, for the first time since starting this job the internet was out and I couldn't use the sheets. So I recreated all of them.... in ten fucking minutes. Like a boss.
>Classes went startlingly well today.
>Organized my shelf at work.
>Did some magazine work.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 15, 2014, 04:40:50 pm »

Took the AP Macroeconomics test. Wasn't as bad as I thought, although I'm not particularly optimistic about passing with flying colors or anything. Hopefully I'll pass. Assuming I need to have an economics credit for college, hopefully I'll pass the test and not need to take a college class for it, that is. If I don't need an economics credit in college I don't care how I do.

ANYWAY. All AP tests are done. School is pretty much done. AP teachers are all ready to chillax and watch movies instead. Just a bunch of good, easy, time killing school days until I graduate then. I guess I survived the worst of high school, then. That's an accomplishment.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 15, 2014, 06:53:54 pm »

Exam submitted!

Now, the anxiety heightens! PANIC TIME!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 15, 2014, 10:13:44 pm »

Worked on Enchanting rules for my game, and updated the OP of the thread in my sig to bear lots more information about the game itself. I'm so stoked to be working on the game again.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 19