Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19

Author Topic: Things You Accomplished Today  (Read 17775 times)

Fluoman

• Bay Watcher
  • Anything the game allows.
    • View Profile
Re: Things You Accomplished Today
« Reply #135 on: May 02, 2014, 03:29:43 pm »

I finally managed to play Morrowind again!
It involved dowloading an english version of the GOTY edition, patching it, realising that using a french patch on an english version doesn't work, using a company computer to create an ISO image of the 3 french install CDs (pretty sure it's not allowed but meh) , installing it on my personal computer, patching it, restarting 3 times because I always forgot a mod, and finally playing it. All of that, simply because my personal computer is too flat to incorporate a CD/DVD reader.
Whatever, still a great game. Going to enjoy some sweet old-school exploits next week-end \o/
"hey, look, my left hand! It's only bones now, gosh, has it been that long since that cave dragon bit it off?"

RtDs!

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #136 on: May 02, 2014, 03:35:07 pm »

• Did a story for story a day month
  • Went to the library
  • Got some work done

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 02, 2014, 03:45:55 pm »

-Finished the last class of one of my EdX course. Exam is next weekend, and then I'll have completed my first EdX course!

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #138 on: May 03, 2014, 10:20:30 am »

Last night, I was surprised by an old visitor again, the classic hand spider (Giant Huntsman, as big as my hand is wide, thumb tip to pinky tip; big sucker. For better reference, about the size of a light switch or electrical outlet panel). Spent a good 15 minutes hunting it in my room, and it proved my furniture rearrangement quite effective in pest control, and outsmarting those 8-legged intruders; or at least, minimizing their surprise effect, and making tracking them once spotted a hell of alot easier.

EDIT:
In regards to my progress, I'm starting off with the small spiders, and working my way up. Basically, I want to actually hold a hand spider in my hand to prove their namesake. Given that I'm an arachnophobe, it'll say alot for me, and about me. Unfortunately, yet fortunately, I know of their rather harmless bite (non- or minimally poisonous), and need to get bitten at least once (inducing that reaction or not; and as Adam Savage proved in an episode of Mythbusters, seeing as he's an arachnophobe as well, is apparently not easy.). Kinda like respecting a taser by getting shot by one; same about mace. I need to feel a sample bite, so I know just how harmless/harmful they really are. Considering the chances that these things have walked on me overnight for countless nights, and have accepted that, and have had my share of odd wounds here and there or bites upon waking up, I need to accept it while conscious to make it count. Based on overnight irritation and mysterious marks left behind, my only other reference is that their bite and poison is about as effective as the local stinging nettles (painful, but can be dealt with (depending on tolerance and amount taken in). More uncomfortable and inconvenient, than painful. Like a funny bone pain in a localized area. Really itchy though.). In other words, painful and inconvenient, but not fatal by a long shot. Post-blistering, they're then as inconvenient as a blemish or zit, and can be removed just as easily and painlessly, and heal over with minimal scarring. Keeping in mind the nature and form of the species and such also helps. Had to stomach looking at a closeup or two to understand them more. The ones I deal with are hunters, badass enough to not require a strong poison nor webbing, and fast as an arachnid roadrunner; really damn effective against the local roaches which are speedsters, and way more intrusive than the spiders. Keeping that in mind, I really shouldn't fear, but instead respect them, and even if hurt, they can't hurt (badly, at least, and I'm not allergic to their venom, nor is it designed to destroy everything, like the tiny fatal ones like brown recluse and black widows (which do hang out more inland, BTW; and they are a justifiable/rational breed to worry about for those reasons)).

Nonetheless, like I said, it's a pathetically tiny amount, but it's progress at least. Better than none at all.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 11:36:57 am by Itnetlolor »

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #139 on: May 03, 2014, 10:31:37 am »

Refactored the HECK out of the MakeRivers class. It is now a spiffy class, no need to pass around global states like C.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #140 on: May 04, 2014, 04:55:08 am »

• Drew something relatively different
  • Set up a blog
  • Got some more work done

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #141 on: May 04, 2014, 05:39:43 am »

Yesterday:
>Wrote 2 stories of the day.
>Set up an alternate prompt for each day.
>Read about a third of my current book.
>An important thing that was 3 weeks overdue finally happened.
>Queued up some stuff on Tumblr.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #142 on: May 06, 2014, 08:33:45 am »

Yesterday:
>A group came in from a charity to help poor kids in Kenya, which is the charity my 4th graders are sponsoring this year. Watched a moving video about conditions there, learned about the girl we sponsor, and then watched the kids and other teachers all try to do an African dance (HILARIOUS).
>Wrote a story of the day.
>Fought off a bout of depression using Yatta.
>Put away the laundry and washed all the dishes.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 06, 2014, 09:00:16 am »

My positive things today:

I woke up at seven o'clock today, something I've been working on for months.
The weather is gorgeous.
I spoke to a girl.
I watched most of that new movie Ride Along.
I did some laundry.
Mah friend is happy I'm back.
My trip went fantastic.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #144 on: May 06, 2014, 03:06:14 pm »

>2nd grade was off on a field trip, so I only had to teach 1st grade and drama club.
>Invented a new game for drama club that the kids loved.
>Did my story of the day.
>Did some research about bank accounts.
>Remembered to print out my invoice so I can get paid.
>Continuing to fight bipolar downswing. Finding ways to give myself short-term energy boosts without resorting to caffeine and such.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 06, 2014, 04:27:38 pm »

Just two things for me today:

1. I learned that actions really do speak louder than words

2. I pulled our development team out of the development stone age by actually instituting personal development systems with source control, separate from our live sites.  I was starting to think it would never happen, or only 15 years from now if I suddenly became a manager or something.

All we need now is enforced software testing.  Maybe I'll be able to add that to the list soon.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 06, 2014, 05:00:20 pm »

I have succeeded in wasting a bunch of time. Hurray wasted time!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #147 on: May 06, 2014, 05:37:59 pm »

Once again in my quest to enjoy the open oceans upon finally warming up, I have encountered a curious shark within meters distance from me as I was swimming. Water was clear, so it definitely knew I wasn't a usual visitor, and I was able to clearly see it; what appeared to be a lemon shark about my size (roughly 6 feet). Upon noticing it, and hurredly back-stepping it to shore, it seems the shark flinched first and took off once I noticed it and started moving.

Ironically, I took the meeting with the shark extremely well (laughing with a bit of an adrenaline rush upon return to the beach); another hand spider that sneaked indoors since last night, not so much. I was more startled by a spider the size of my hand than I was with a freaking shark that was as long as I was tall. Nice to know my fear priorities are in good order. :P

EDIT:
Looking back, I don't really fear sharks all that much (actually, first moving down here, I was carrying baby sharks in my hand while I was still in the single digits of my life; accidentally caught when my dad was fishing). I more respectfully fear them. I respect their territories, and mind their company, as long as they mind my space in return. A mutual boundary. Plus, whenever I see a shark, I make sure to not panic, even with this recent encounter. If anything, it was still jetting back towards where it came from as I was running backward to shore, keeping an eye on it and my surroundings. It was pretty cool for a close encounter. Made up for plenty as for wanting a brief change of pace in my life.

And yes, it was a lemon shark. Reasonably small for the usual shark in our shores, and it was yellow-tinted, and actually respectfully fearful of me; just curious for the time being. Looked pretty cool swimming away from me, and I had a clear profile of it's shape in the water, no fin above water, just a solid yellowish-grey torpedo in the water. Mind you, this was pretty close to shore, while still somewhat deep (waist deep water). Nonetheless, it's a good thing I can fight currents and keep a regular running speed in such waters, if but for a short sprint.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 05:55:01 pm by Itnetlolor »

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #148 on: May 08, 2014, 03:19:21 am »

Yesterday:
>Had a beer with favorite coworker and we shared stories of childhood, trauma, mental illness, etc. She's a really lovely person and a good friend.
>Pushed through a full day of work as well as setting up for and sitting through an hour-long meeting, followed by the supermarket and a walk through the park in the evening, all with minimal overload.
>Wrote my story of the day shortly before midnight.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 09, 2014, 12:47:58 pm »

I made great progress in actually having a game thats playable. Its little more than a menuless flash game (though not in flash, in gml) right now, but progress! :D
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19