Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 515 516 [517] 518 519 ... 736

Author Topic: Monster Girls IC Thread: Chimeras  (Read 220471 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Girls IC Thread: Party of CLASS
« Reply #7740 on: June 26, 2014, 11:19:06 am »

"What was what?"

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7741 on: June 26, 2014, 11:19:42 am »

"Who were you calling earlier?"

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #7742 on: June 26, 2014, 11:21:41 am »

Tia nods and sits back in her chair, taking out a brush and gently brushing her navy blue hair.

"Oh dear, I forgot. I must contact my mother once a day at noon. May you temporarily disable the anti-magic ward so that I may do so?"

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7743 on: June 26, 2014, 11:33:33 am »

"Errr...well, m'lady, we would, but we ain't exactly in charge o' that. We're just guards, even 'f we get to guard Her Royal Highness 'n all. Clove, d'you know who might be in charge of that?"

The merrow nods, replying in a voice that sounded like either the tide, or like he'd had sandpaper scraped across his throat. Merrows didn't like being on-land for long. His first sentence was impossible to understand, so he picked up the glass of water sitting next to him on the counter and took a long drink. When he spoke again, his voice was the voice of a seashell remembering it's home.

"I think the White Prince would know, at least. He's the one that brought Miss Tia in, so I figure he's the one most likely to listen to her request."
"A-are you sure, Clove? I know you're a subject o' his 'n all, but I don't got many friends, 'n I don' wanna see you g-get hurt or nothin'..."
The Cu Sidhe seems frightened and worried, as though he feared the kelpie would take vengeance on the shape-shifter personally for having been interrupted. The Merrow, Clove(?), simply smiles reassuringly, and opens a reasonably sized panel in the otherwise oversized and ostentatious door.
"You mangy mutt, I'll be fine. Don't believe all those stories about him; as long as he hasn't been fighting with the Queen, he should be in a good mood."
With that, he leaves, leaving the Cu Sidhe to fidget anxiously. He smiles at Tia nervously, then glances down at a watch on his wrist.
"H-he oughtn't be gone too long, m'lady. It's only a little past nine o'clock, so there should be plenty o' time. Would you like me t-to bring in your breakfast?"
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 12:09:57 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7744 on: June 26, 2014, 11:36:14 am »

"Of course," she says with a sweet smile, patiently waiting in her chair. She sure is different when doing the whole princess thing.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7745 on: June 26, 2014, 11:40:34 am »

"Oh, I was calling Clide. He works at Magicsteady."

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7746 on: June 26, 2014, 11:43:44 am »

"Yeah? Why?"

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7747 on: June 26, 2014, 11:52:01 am »

Tia is patiently waiting with a smile.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7748 on: June 26, 2014, 11:53:43 am »

"Keith said that Tia may have been kidnapped. Oh, and apparently an entire organization is gunning for the heads of everyone in this apartment."

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7749 on: June 26, 2014, 11:57:05 am »

Maja shrugs, "Oh. That's it? Whatever. Let me know when I have to beat someone's head in."

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7750 on: June 26, 2014, 12:07:57 pm »

"Why, I don't see what is wrong with him. In fact, he is quite the charmer~," Tia says with a laugh.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7751 on: June 26, 2014, 12:09:04 pm »

The Cu Sidhe bows to her with surprising grace given his apparent mood and hurries out of the room. When he comes back about ten minutes later, he is pushing a small cart laden with high-quality food. Most of it is a form of seafood, or meant to be served cold(and it's already chilly in the place, damnit), but there is also more typical breakfast foods, such as pancakes and eggs, still warm.

The Cu Sidhe seems to be trying avert his eyes from meeting Tia's as he brings the cart over to her.
"Is there 'nything else I can fetch f'r you, m'lady?" he asks, cringing slightly as he does so as if expecting a blow. His face goes pale with mortification when his stomach rumbles and he stammers badly enought to make his words unintelligible as he tries to apologize.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7752 on: June 26, 2014, 12:13:22 pm »

Tia places a hand to her mouth and gently laughs.
 "You need not act nervous around me. Would you like some breakfast as well?" she says with a sweet smile, looking at him.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7753 on: June 26, 2014, 12:27:21 pm »

Kyle shrugs.
"Oh, and they have a powerful entity. So that's fun... Do you thing I would look good in a power suit?"

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7754 on: June 26, 2014, 12:29:40 pm »

"I- Ah- That is- oh, begging your pardon, m'lady, but yes, I would very much like to eat breakfast with you. We don't get much in the way of meals while they're holdin' court, cuz' it 'stracts us from our duties, but even when they're not holdin' court, the kitchen usu'lly f'rgets us up here, since most times they don't got to feed us 'less we go to the mess hall. But you don' wanna hear about a guardsmen's woes, you wants to eat, don't ya?"

He begins setting out plates and cups for the princess, trying to use the smallest ones possible; they're still a little big, but the utensils, at least, are perfectly sized. He's very delicate with them, a precision that speaks of skillful hands and experience in dealing with small pieces like this.
He speaks as he does so, trying to fill the empty space in the room; for it was certainly a very large room, by any standard. Larger, even, than Tia's home, which could be either unsettling, or indicative of insecurities on the Queen's part. Not that anyone would ever suggest such a thing might be true, however.

"...'M sorry for bein' so nervous, but nobles ain't always the kindest folks to us low-born. 'M only in this royal guard job cuz' my family was good friends with Clove's an' when the White Prince got his post as right-hand man to the Queen...well, you c'n guess that he was in favor with the Prince, so we just got lucky enough to ride in on that."

He flushes as he realizes what he might have been implying about the guest before him with his comment about nobles.

"Oh, but you ain't like them nobles, m'lady! You're different than them, kinder like! You're a noble princess, I can tell, right as rain! Makes me understand a l'ttlr better why the Queen is wantin' to sees ya, like."

It's easy to tell that if it was possible in his current form, he would be wagging his tail something fierce. He waits, however, for Tia to choose her meal first, as is proper, even if she's being kind enough to allow him to eat in her presence.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 12:32:43 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 515 516 [517] 518 519 ... 736