Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Adding new init/raw files for uniforms and (custom?) stockpile settings  (Read 897 times)

Snaake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I thought I'd posted about this earlier (does this board get cleaned soemtimes?), but the search only turned up one unrelated post with my nick, and nothing quite like this suggestion, although it might help solve several other suggestions in one go.

So, I'm suggesting that similarly to embark_profiles.txt, at least uniforms and stockpiles would also get init or raw files to replace and/or complement the default uniforms/stockpiles, and enable saving of player-specific settings across saves.

This would be more elegant and easier to use than macros for recreating everyone's standard uniforms, and at least most of the tags should already exist in the raws. ANY tags, e.g. ITEM_ARMOR:ANY_METAL or ANY_HARD, would probably need to be added?

The stockpile settings could replace the default stockpiles, or there could be a new submenu "saved custom stockpiles" added to the stockpile screen. Similarly to the previous examples, tags in a text file in the init folder would define stockpiles. This would solve e.g. artifact storing issues; allow players to pre-define and save separate food stockpiles for things like lye, booze, cooked food etc.; sort gems/stone/whatever into different stockpiles by value/color/magma-safeness, and so on and so forth.

edit: voting option added, ctrl-f and "add init" should help you find it.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 02:42:56 pm by Snaake »

Snaake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No comments/questions/further ideas? I'd quite like to discuss this, in case someone has thought of anything related...

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
Re: Adding new init/raw files for uniforms and (custom?) stockpile settings
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2015, 11:46:54 pm »

Really like this idea! It gets tedious remaking my uniforms every time I start a new fort and I always find myself wishing I could just save and load the little buggers like embark profiles.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2015, 12:01:51 am »

+1 support.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2015, 03:41:51 am »

Yeah, these are probably the biggest QOL things possible at this point.

Snaake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2015, 07:04:07 am »

Nice to see that someone noticed this from way back and necroed it. :)