Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: Dimensions: An RTD RPG.  (Read 8625 times)

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
Re: Dimensions: An RTD RPG.
« Reply #105 on: April 11, 2014, 12:51:25 pm »

"Just let me try something first."
Try to will the stick into the shape of a Kolhii Stick.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 11, 2014, 01:10:06 pm »

"Errr, yeah. maybe we should be goin'. Right you are, boss man."

Follow the navigator! on to a mgical adventure!

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 11, 2014, 01:18:23 pm »

Katherine was not satisfied yet. She had so many questions to ask, but she thought it rude to ask more of this... thing.

Follow along. Observe any odd characteristics in the group.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 11, 2014, 02:36:54 pm »

"Just let me try something first."
Try to will the stick into the shape of a Kolhii Stick.

You do manage to will it into the shape of some kind of scoop-hammer combo. Hardly an authentic artifact of your heathen bloodsport, but certainly suitable for whatever backyard game you might want to start up.

"You lose 1 MP!" shouts the Navigator all of a sudden. "Or do you? I'm not sure MPs feckin' exist anymore, to be perfectly honest with you. Or why you'd need any."
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 02:38:32 pm by Harry Baldman »

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 11, 2014, 02:45:55 pm »

You do manage to will it into the shape of some kind of scoop-hammer combo. Hardly an authentic artifact of your heathen bloodsport, but certainly suitable for whatever backyard game you might want to start up.

"You lose 1 MP!" shouts the Navigator all of a sudden. "Or do you? I'm not sure MPs feckin' exist anymore, to be perfectly honest with you. Or why you'd need any."
((It's not really a bloodsport, more comparable to hockey than anything else))
"Good to go now."
Go outside with the others, unless they stay inside.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 11, 2014, 06:18:55 pm »

Walk outside, purposefully staying ahead of the team. Ensure I do not get lost, and the team is not attacked.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 12, 2014, 05:45:37 am »

Observe any odd characteristics in the group.

Well, the group seems to consist of you, who appears to be the token human (though, in all fairness, you seem to have been considered a perfectly deformed circus freak back home) of the group, a giant stony fellow of dubious intellect, the extradimensional, slightly mechanical-looking equivalent of a hockey nut and a metal man, to say nothing of the slug-fetus-cephalopod mix-and-match disaster that your guide seems to be. You wonder what would be a good baseline for 'normal' in this situation.

Ready for the journey ahead, the group wanders out of the room and into the rather nice world outside - it seems to be quite the patch of idyllic countryside, all things considered. Quiet meadows all around, birds chirping in the distance. From here one can observe two things - an ancient, massive, crumbling marble dome on a nearby hill, and a busy little village of highly organic design located in the distance amidst a sea of farms. There seem to be no trees for miles around, and the sun, though its light is quite pleasing, does begin to feel a tad oppressive. Feels like it's the middle of summer.

There do not seem to be any farms around, though one can see somewhat large herds of hairless, ivory-skinned, elephant-sized, six-legged cows here and there, guided by what look to be human-sized mosquitoes.

"Looks like we haven't changed location since the last batch. Still this place. I recall there being two quests here, though you never know what the previous feckers might've done after I got separated from them. Several obvious options on where to go. Nexus' got first pick. Those're the rules."

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 12, 2014, 06:00:45 am »

Follow the rest of the group. Protect from danger.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 16, 2014, 04:01:09 pm »

Follow the rest of the group. Protect from danger.
Do the same.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 16, 2014, 04:06:15 pm »

"Hm... I would like to see those marble ruins over there..."
Go and explore the marble ruins.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 16, 2014, 04:37:28 pm »

"Yeah, marble is a won...won.... err. Great stone. "

Follow group to the ruins, beat anything vaguely agressive (that is not a member of our group) with my stick.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 17, 2014, 03:56:18 am »

The next few minutes are filled with a deafening silence as most of the group waits for somebody to show initiative so that they can be appropriately followed and defended from all the horrors that doubtlessly await in this idyllic setting.

"Hm... I would like to see those marble ruins over there..." Katherine says after nobody else dares to speak up, and the others seem to agree.

"Follow the Nexus!" the Navigator seems to agree, and all together they head for the marble dome. "The dome, by the by, is a remnant of some ancient civilization of feckers who loved to build all things mysterious, if I remember it right. The ruins may or may not be haunted, and they might contain treasure as well. And, unless my senses are failing me, there's no random encounters on the way. Things 'round here are pretty civilized."

The marble dome proves to be much larger than expected, as well as slightly more distant, and it also appears to be rather wet across its entire smooth, unornamented surface. Nestled in a hill, it appears to be less of a domelike construction and more of a sphere that's broken through from the bottom layers of the earth. Furthermore, quite a few large mosquitoes seem to be flying around it, occasionally landing on the dome, then taking off once more. Most of the activity seems to center along the somewhat sizable holes in the structure's surface. One spot in particular, a large, cavernous opening at ground level aligned perfectly with the travelers' angle of approach, seems to have quite a few giant mosquitoes grouped around it.

"I hate these disgusting feckers," the Navigator says, sneering at the creatures. "Parasitic bunch of arsebiscuits is what they are. Don't trust any of 'em," he adds as a particularly large giant mosquito, its partially transparent abdomen practically filled to bursting with a black-greenish liquid, flies up to them, its wings flapping furiously and making a massive amount of noise while carrying its body with what looks like an extreme amount of effort.

"Ah, dimensional travelers!" a voice emanates from the creature. "And a Nexus as well! Always a wonderful day when visitors arrive, no? How can I help you all? Do you require things? Services? Servants? Anything you wish, I can provide, yes?"

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 17, 2014, 06:34:20 am »

Rune waves cheerily to the mosquito-man, while he is quickly analyzing anything it says for signs of danger. If these creatures start attacking my group, fly swat them.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 17, 2014, 12:13:36 pm »

Katherine was startled at first, but didn't mind the mosquito after a while. She doesn't know why, but insects never particularly bothered her. They were just a part of something that existed; nothing more, nothing less...

"Um.. We would like to explore this place. And I do have a few questions... who may you be? What is this place? And... erm.." Her voice trails off as she loses her train of thought.

Ask.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 17, 2014, 01:07:28 pm »

Rune waves cheerily to the mosquito-man, while he is quickly analyzing anything it says for signs of danger. If these creatures start attacking my group, fly swat them.

"Hellooo~!" the creature says, waving right back with its foreleg. It looks fairly harmless, and also rather portly.

"Um.. We would like to explore this place. And I do have a few questions... who may you be? What is this place? And... erm.."

"You can go right in, but there's no adventure to be found, sadly. The previous travelers got to it first. Used to be haunted, this place. You should have seen the exorcism! There was a pillar of light a mile high, I tell you. Now we're repurposing the ruins. Very big project, too."

"As for who I am, I am Zetz! Q. Zetz, to be exact. And this right here is the future! We're living in a brave new- say, could I interest you in some authentic Zetz Bracelets of Telepathy? Perfect for minor feats of mental outreach and communication! Not very costly, either!"
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9