Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9

Author Topic: Dimensions: An RTD RPG.  (Read 8597 times)

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
Dimensions: An RTD RPG.
« on: April 07, 2014, 01:54:59 pm »

Heya, how's it going? I haven't been here for a while, real life decided it was about time I stopped my little vacation and get back to work. But I finally have actual free time again! :) But anyway, I decided to start an RTD rpg, just because I'm bored. Oh, and because some of the ones I've read are awesome. So yeah.
Onto the Game System!
Game System
This game uses a form of RTD, although it is quite a bit more complicated than that. For example, items and perks can give boosts or take away points from your roll. This can, however, turn out positively, if only in one scenario. Say you roll a 6, ergo, overshot. If your item does -1 from your rolls, you instead get an Epic Success. So there. So anyway, bonuses. That's one difference. The other, is that rolls have categories, which decides whether or not you get certain boosts. That also means certain categoriess cannot be overshot, and as such, a 6 is treated as a 3. Oh, and levels exist, which determines your health, and mana.
Character Creation
There are some basic categories you need to fulfill, but otherwise, go wild.
Name:
Race:
World/Dimension of origin:I forgot to mention this earlier, didn't I? There is dimension travel here. Lots of it.
Personality:
HP:You start off with 20/20
MP: You start off with 15/15. However, you can reassign these.

The starting area will be decided after I get your characters, so that I can prepare an appropriately designed world for said characters.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
Re: Dimensions: An RTD RPG.
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2014, 01:59:24 pm »

Name: Poluka
Age: Undetermined, says he's been alive at least 1000 years
Appearance: A small, humanoid robot wearing a black Ruru Pakari mask on it's face. His body is cream colored and his feet are dark brown. His arms are about the same length as his torso.
Race: Po-Matoran
World/Dimension of origin: The matoran universe, specifically the island of Mata Nui
Personality: Stubborn like a bull and as tough as one. Like the rest of his kind, he is highly competitive and afraid of water, as he does not know how to swim. Values unity, but believes that everything is destined to happen as it does.
HP:20/20
MP: 15/15
EDIT: I can post the necesarry links if I must.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 03:18:32 pm by darkpaladin109 »

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2014, 02:20:33 pm »

Name: Cromwell Jackson :P
You asshole, that's my character!

Name:  Kra'well
Appearance: A tall, muscular man. He has long tentacles instead of head hair, and a long beard.
Race: Luxan
World/Dimension of origin: Farscape Universe
Personality: As usual for his race, he is a proud warrior.
I can also provide a link on Luxans. They have a lot of unique traits.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 02:24:31 pm by mastahcheese »
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2014, 02:29:48 pm »

Nah, that's alright. I know a bit about them already.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2014, 02:34:50 pm »

Perhaps we should all be Cromwell Jackson.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2014, 02:38:22 pm »

Name: Grrpipi
Age: 19,127 (in this dimension, at least - it suspects at least fifty thousand were spent in the previous one, though it gets a little hazy)
Appearance: a bluish, yet transparent crystalline individual of rather minor height, he most resembles a sea urchin in shape. He tends to float about and bob erratically at the slightest provocation. 
Race: Human, naturally.
World/Dimension of origin: Middle Heaven, the place where mortal souls ascend to after an eternity of now-forgotten earthly pleasures in Lower Heaven. Not quite Upper Heaven or Top Heaven, but still a rather decent place, with all sorts of slaking of intellectual lusts happening at every hour of every day. Individuals here slowly forsake their mortality and ascend above their repugnant fleshiness.
Personality: Grrpipi's never been too good at abandoning his lower self, and thus has spent an inordinate amount of time both in Lower Heaven and here - some of his less gifted contemporaries rose to Top Heaven not too long ago, in fact. Nevertheless, he keeps his chin up in a metaphorical sense, and hopes that some sort of revelation will set him on the right path eventually.
HP: 10/10
MP: 25/25

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2014, 02:40:16 pm »

I'm gonna change the name anyway. I just wanted to see your reaction, I guess :P

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2014, 02:41:35 pm »

Reply to lawastooshort
Blasphemy! Slay this heretic where he stands! All RPGs which cannot use console controllers must have a party of adventurers! Die!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2014, 02:48:38 pm »

Name:Jaspis
Appearance: A huge being made of rock and mineral veins given a somewhat humanoid form. Standing over 2 meters tall, his head is covered in moss.
Race:Troll
World/Dimension of origin: Discworld
Personality: Like all trolls, Jaspis is slow, somewhat dumb and the only two settings are oblivious and aggressive. When it gets colder, however, he (as all of his race) gains a tremendous boost in brain power.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2014, 02:49:38 pm »

Reply to lawastooshort
Blasphemy! Slay this heretic where he stands! All RPGs which cannot use console controllers must have a party of adventurers! Die!
You see that button that says "quote"? Clicking on it lets you quote the post that it's on. Just letting you know, I guess.
Also, here's the relevant links if you'l need them for my character.
Po-Matoran info
General Matoran info ((I guess there are spoilers there, if you really care that much))

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2014, 02:53:38 pm »

Name: Katherine Anayo
Appearance: Hazelnut hair and eyes, light skin. Wears square, thin glasses. Average height and is athletic. Has freckles. Looks like a normal human (which is very rare in her world).
Race: Earthbound, Female
World/Dimension of origin: Teriovah, the world of Skywalkers and Mermen
Personality: Really shy and introverted, but if you get her to talk, you can't stop her. She is very brave, however, and is excited to try new things. She is friendly enough, but again, tough to get through at first.
HP:You start off with 20/20
MP: You start off with 15/15

Appearance and personality to be written later. I am really interested in this.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 04:05:37 pm by DarkArtemisFowl »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2014, 02:56:30 pm »

Name: Rune
Age since animation: 567 days
Appearance: A massive humanoid made out of metal and animated by magic. Tiny head for his body, but rather large body over-all, he is mostly resistant to many attacks, but overall slow at moving.
Race: Metal Golem
World/Dimension of origin: Originated in an alternate dimension of the real world, where magic existed and was used commonly, and because of said magic most modern technologies were unnecessary.
Personality: Incredibly peaceful despite effectively being a killing machine. He is rather plain in terms of intelligence for golems, and was bent to serve his master's will until his master was crushed by a large rock chucked by another angry golemancer's golem. Get sad rather easily, but is also easily impressed, and likes to attempt to hug anyone he considers a friend. This normally does NOT end well for his friend, being crushed by a giant metal machine.
MP:15/15
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2014, 03:05:53 pm »

Someone who actually knows about Farscape?
Awesome!

I'm gonna change the name anyway. I just wanted to see your reaction, I guess :P
How in the world do you always seem to reference me before I even find the thread?
In any case, I'm keeping my Luxan's name, anyway.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2014, 03:08:40 pm »

Someone who actually knows about Farscape?
Awesome!

How in the world do you always seem to reference me before I even find the thread?
In any case, I'm keeping my Luxan's name, anyway.
I just constantly refresh the RTD and FGRPA pages in my free time.
What, you mean you don't do that? :P

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2014, 03:14:02 pm »

Current Slots Filled
We now have our ragtag team of adventurers.
darkpaladin109
mastahcheese
Harry Baldman
Pancaek
DarkArtemisFowl
Coolrune206
I may or may not at some point allow more characters in. Probably not, but you never know.
Now then. Rune, Jaspis, Grrpipi, Kra'well and Poluka all wake up on the floor of what looks like a large clean bathroom, albeit without anything remotely bathroomy other than the tiles, and about 10x larger than an actual bathroom. There is a door at one end, a chest at the other, and what appears to be a ventilation shaft on the ceiling. What do any of you do?[b/]
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9