Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: Villian's Den [A Suggestion Game]  (Read 7616 times)

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
Villian's Den [A Suggestion Game]
« on: April 06, 2014, 09:41:19 pm »

You were a brave, loyal servant. You always did what you were told, and always did it well. You were easily one of the most qualified people in the country, and deserved to be recognized. Even a plaque would've been enough. But they never gave you even the slightest award. Whenever you were in the runnings for a promotion, or a memorial of some sort, they passed over you and went to someone with better "connections." One day, you decided you were tired of this. You packed up your meager belongings, and headed for the wilderness, with whatever followers you could gather. You managed to make secret arrangements with farmers on the outskirts to supply you and your men with provisions, and villains of all sorts will surely flock to your banner when they hear the news. Everything is set for you to get your revenge on the men who spurred your attempts to move up in life. But first, there are some questions to ask about your preparations.

What is your name?

What skills did you have that made you useful to the kingdom?

- You were a great general. Enemies quivered in their boots when they saw your army, and you were considered unbeatable. You might be a little rusty, but you're still better then the average cadet.
- You were a steward. You were a master in counting coin and organizing supplies, and never seemed to run out of money. You would have an easy time overseeing building projects and the like.
- You were a diplomat. You knew the fine, secretive art of wielding words like the sharpest weapons, turning friends into enemies and enemies into friends.
- You were a spymaster. Officially, you had no connections to the government at all, but you were a valuable asset, conducting assassinations and discovering plots. You have a small spy ring that you left behind in the capital to gather information.

What land do you claim to plot your revenge?

- A long-forgotten tavern in the woods to the north. This tavern is just outside the kingdoms borders, and a decent amount of people could live in the surrounding area. Bandits are known to live in the woods.
- A crumbling castle in the mountains to the west. This castle is in the Divorak mountain ranges that form the far western border of the kingdom, and has a solid defensive position. The mountains contain decent amounts of iron ore, which attracts miners to the area.
- An outskirts village. This village in the plains to the east is small, and mostly ignored by the kingdom, except for the rare tax collector. However, there isn't much of value in the surrounding area, and the villagers have to import most everything they can't grow.

Who did you bring with you?

Choosing who you bring with you is very important. It's unlikely you'll get any new workers for a while. You get 300 points to choose who you bring with you. The points represent the safe limit of people you can bring with you before someone notices.

Peasant: 1 point
Woodworker: 3 points
Mason: 3 points
Overseer: 4 points
Blacksmith: 5 points
Soldiers (Swordsman and Archers): 5 points
Scouts: 5 points

Most of these are self-explanatory. Overseers oversee big projects, like construction and clear-cutting forests. Tell me if I missed anything.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Coolnesstod

• Bay Watcher
  • Drink, Work, Repeat.
    • View Profile
Re: Villian's Den [A Suggestion Game]
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2014, 11:02:19 pm »

Name: Nidrac Lofferson

Skills: Steward.

Land: A Crumbling Castle.

Men: 39 peasants, 10 woodworkers, 15 masons, 4 overseers, 10 blacksmiths, 18 soldiers, 6 scouts.
All glory to the Hypnotoad.
Random fact: Robin Williams was once addicted to cocaine during the late 1980's/early 1990's.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2014, 11:13:28 pm »

Name - Williard N./athan Leighton
Not that hung up on the name, but I guess it should fit the theme.

Skills - Spymaster
A single rumour can defeat thousands of warriors afterall. Or so some saying goes. Still, this will allow us much more options in the long run.

Claimed Land - Crumbling Castle
An established defensive position, enough stone around to easily fix its current shortcomings and even ore? Since coal is normally easier to come by than the later, we can outfit our army-to-be more easily than anywhere else.

Our Following:
10 Swordsmen, 10 Archers - 100 Points
64 Peasants - 64 Points
5 Woodworkers - 15 Points
10 Masons - 30 Points
4 Overseers - 16 Points
10 Blacksmiths - 50 Points
5 Scouts - 25 Points

This build puts focus on the castle and mining operations. We ought to have enough workers to suply the various craftsmen, with the mines a timesink where we always can put surplus men to good use. While much of our later influx might be hoping to become soldiers, a core unit of 20 ought to be fine - we will need to be subtle in the beginning, but that is where our spy-ring ought to come in handy.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2014, 11:25:40 pm »

Men: 39 peasants, 10 woodworkers, 15 masons, 4 overseers, 10 blacksmiths, 18 soldiers, 6 scouts.

+1

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2014, 12:29:50 am »

Skills - Spymaster
A single rumour can defeat thousands of warriors afterall. Or so some saying goes. Still, this will allow us much more options in the long run.

An established defensive position, enough stone around to easily fix its current shortcomings and even ore? Since coal is normally easier to come by than the later, we can outfit our army-to-be more easily than anywhere else.

Our Following:
64 Peasants - 64 Points
10 Masons - 30 Points
4 Overseers - 16 Points
5 Scouts - 25 Points

This build puts focus on the castle and mining operations. We ought to have enough workers to suply the various craftsmen, with the mines a timesink where we always can put surplus men to good use. While much of our later influx might be hoping to become soldiers, a core unit of 20 ought to be fine - we will need to be subtle in the beginning, but that is where our spy-ring ought to come in handy.
+1

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2014, 03:16:07 am »

Skills - Spymaster

Our Following:
64 Peasants - 64 Points
10 Masons - 30 Points
4 Overseers - 16 Points
5 Scouts - 25 Points

+1

I would prefer a diplomat so we can recruit miners easily, but this works fine.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2014, 04:46:31 am »

+1
+1
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2014, 04:49:53 am »

Name - Varys Williard N./athan Leighton

Skills - Spymaster

Our Following:
64 Peasants - 64 Points
10 Masons - 30 Points
4 Overseers - 16 Points
5 Scouts - 25 Points

+1
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2014, 06:03:40 am »

Skills - Spymaster

Our Following:
64 Peasants - 64 Points
10 Masons - 30 Points
4 Overseers - 16 Points
5 Scouts - 25 Points

+1
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2014, 10:09:46 pm »

Home Sweet Home

You are Williard Nathan Leighton, and your kingdom has betrayed you. You've spent years doing the King's dirty work, and he barely even acknowledged you. You could destroy rebellions, you could save the king's life, and you never even got as much as a "Good job." You will avenge this slight. You decided to head for the Divorak mountains, and make a living there. You made careful preparations beforehand, calling in some old favors from local farmers for supplies.  You also have some more connections among the littler people that you feel could come in handy. You also managed to, through careful application of bribery, find a path where you could slip a small caravan of special supplies to the mountains.

Connections
-The Serfs. This choice makes most, if not all of the peasants in the kingdom know your name. If they hear things are better for people working for you then people in the kingdom, they will flock to your banner.
- The Artisans. The skilled craftspeople of the kingdom are willing to work for just about anyone willing to pay them, lodge them, and appreciate their masterpieces, whether they be a plow, a painting, or a sword.
- The Criminals. The thieves grapevine is a valuable source of information, and the criminal element is good at all sorts of things, from combat to spying. They may be a bit mercenary in their ways, but they have their own, special type of honor. (Special Spymaster choice.)

Extra Supplies
-Better Tools: Extra picks, axes, supports for mines, all sorts of tools to just make life a little easier.
-Messenger Pigeons: A small coop full of pigeons, trained to fly in between the coop and a hidden place in the capital carrying messages. These make communication with the spy ring much easier. (Special Spymaster choice.)
-A Special Request?: You can ask for something more specific, but they may not be able to provide it. In that case, you will be able to choose another item.

After you made all these decisions, you finally started your journey to the mountains.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Coolnesstod

• Bay Watcher
  • Drink, Work, Repeat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2014, 10:15:25 pm »

The Serfs: We will be the Man of the little, unappreciated people, just like we were. We can also possibly train these peasants into more meaningful roles, such as soldiers, miners, etc.

Better Tools: We need to build and mine faster, so we can gather up money faster and pretty much do everything faster. It can also possibly save a few gold pieces and lives.
All glory to the Hypnotoad.
Random fact: Robin Williams was once addicted to cocaine during the late 1980's/early 1990's.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2014, 10:19:26 pm »

The Serfs

Messenger Pigeons

Let's go half and half. Half spy-boost half production-boost.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2014, 10:22:57 pm »

The Artisans

Better Tools

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2014, 10:36:51 pm »

The Serfs.

A Book on Magic. (Functional magic that does stuff with practice.)

If not then Tools.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2014, 10:46:00 pm »

The Serfs.

A Book on Magic. (Functional magic that does stuff with practice.)

If not then Tools.

I change my vote to this one. Magic rules.

Dunno why we picked spymaster if we were going to mine the whole time but eh.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7