Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 105

Author Topic: Monster Girls OOC Thread: MONSTER GIRL SHENANIGANS  (Read 103207 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Girls OOC Thread: MONSTER GIRL SHENANIGANS
« Reply #1380 on: July 07, 2014, 10:39:40 pm »

Right...

Because for something to be fun, it has to have poor explanations and sexist(not in a terribly negative connotations way, but a world like this is inherently sexist, if not in the usual way) settings.

Nice philosophy there, SB. >.>

Why not just the explanation that there are (almost) equal numbers of guys as girls, it's just that due to various pop culture related phenomena, a squee factor has become associated with humans, who are low in number because monsters are monsters for a reason and often end up killing humans, whether on purpose or by accident? Possibly in addition to an anomaly/culture based factor/magical anti-boy pheromones associated with Madness City that causes it to contain an inordinate amount of females, primarily monster girls because monsters make up the majority of the population? Compound this with the idea that monsters have a slightly more female-oriented preference in gender of babies(humans is 49/51, after all, perhaps monsters are 40/60 or 35/65) born that varies from race to race, sometimes being reversed(though rarely, since such reversal is worse for reproductive purposes, and hence, survival purposes species-wide).

Science can be used to explain anything, especially in combination with magic. Explaining almost everything and leaving some stuff a mystery is far better than arm-waving it. I'm not gonna dignify it by calling the previous explanation hand-waving, because that implies more effort. >:( :P
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: July 07, 2014, 10:47:37 pm »

Okay. I'll see what I can do.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: July 08, 2014, 01:36:05 am »

Wait, did monsters exist pre-Bizarre Slime?

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: July 08, 2014, 10:12:45 am »

Compound this with the idea that monsters have a slightly more female-oriented preference in gender of babies(humans is 49/51, after all, perhaps monsters are 40/60 or 35/65) born that varies from race to race, sometimes being reversed(though rarely, since such reversal is worse for reproductive purposes, and hence, survival purposes species-wide).

Going to pop my head in and say that biology doesn't really work that way unless a really good reason exists for the gender imbalance. If you have more females than males, then the genes that are more likely to produce males get passed around more since the few males get to spread their genes far and wide. So then you get more men in each generation until the gender split more or less evens out as the advantage for genes producing more males or more females becomes very small.

I can type up a better explaination if you want, when I'm not on my phone.

Wait, did monsters exist pre-Bizarre Slime?

I'm going to say yes. Or at the very least dragons did, though that's up to Nomad I suppose.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: July 08, 2014, 10:16:05 am »

Monsters did exist before, but rapidly began to evolve because of the Slime. Really old entities like Merav probably saw it themselves.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: July 08, 2014, 10:17:05 am »

Ah. Good. Makes Cheru's actual age plausible, I suppose. Domovoi have been around for a damn long time.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: July 08, 2014, 10:18:22 am »

But yeah, Bizarre Slime is some miracle shit. When brought together it can give people magical powers in some forms and even create life.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: July 08, 2014, 11:15:50 am »

Compound this with the idea that monsters have a slightly more female-oriented preference in gender of babies(humans is 49/51, after all, perhaps monsters are 40/60 or 35/65) born that varies from race to race, sometimes being reversed(though rarely, since such reversal is worse for reproductive purposes, and hence, survival purposes species-wide).

Going to pop my head in and say that biology doesn't really work that way unless a really good reason exists for the gender imbalance. If you have more females than males, then the genes that are more likely to produce males get passed around more since the few males get to spread their genes far and wide. So then you get more men in each generation until the gender split more or less evens out as the advantage for genes producing more males or more females becomes very small.

I can type up a better explaination if you want, when I'm not on my phone.
Aye, but it's still a better explanation than it was, can be explained by similar processes to insects or slight variances in sperm that end up making the ones which carry the Y chromosome to be significantly more likely to fertilize eggs
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: July 10, 2014, 06:57:01 pm »

So... Kyle isn't doing anything with Maja right now. Can you ferry him to the apartment, Kj? Just so that Tia can yell at him and we can get some stuff going on.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: July 10, 2014, 08:33:35 pm »

Thinking of retconning Tia being able to use shit tons of essence magic, but instead use dream magic or something. Shit's op.
While her sister uses magic of the day.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 08:37:24 pm by PrivateNomad »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: July 10, 2014, 08:47:06 pm »

Tia's mother totally does magic.

Of some sort.

Most Fae use magic in a bit more primal way than the specializations of the human world.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: July 10, 2014, 08:47:58 pm »

Tia's mother probably does the essence summoning instead of her children. Her children are just embodiments of night and day or something.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: July 10, 2014, 08:51:34 pm »

>.>

Her children be pixies/sprites or whatever.

Don't go tryin' an' mixin' up da Fae races wit' no magic anthropomorphic personification of a concept lore crap.

Nuh-uh! Not in my house!
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: July 10, 2014, 08:53:38 pm »

Guuuurl...

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: July 10, 2014, 08:57:06 pm »

They might still have magic related to such, but remember;

Fae in general tends to be nocturnal, and dawn is not a happy time for Fae. Like, any Fae. Not as universal or as terribly painful or anything as iron, but Fae aren't morning people.

Ever.

EDIT: Well, unless they're masochistic, I suppose.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 105