Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: The Mandate II: Improvements and New Setup  (Read 2446 times)

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
The Mandate II: Improvements and New Setup
« on: April 06, 2014, 04:25:39 pm »

Okay lets try this again:

A Century has passed since the First Mandate and the subsequent establishment of the Terran Federation, the Peoples Republic of Mars and the Civil War.
The Different independent Colonies of Humanity have finally managed to make peace with each other and in accordance of that Peace Treaty the Second Mandate has been declared. More decentralized then before the Mandate is now something more akin to the United Nations than a Union of States. While the basic premise of the Senate is still the same, it's members are now independent Entities instead of Dependencies of Terra.
And while the Colonies have grown and bloomed, technology however, has stagnated. The Alien Races discovered have advanced but still no contact with any of them has been established as per the treaty of Fimbul IV. With the Establishment of the Second Mandate new precautions have been taken to prevent powergrabs from any of it's member nations. All in all it is a time ripe of opportunities and the only question that remains is whether it will be a golden age or another dark age...?

Spoiler:  The Mandate (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Colonies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Research (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Military (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  At your Mercy (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Population Policies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Economy (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Sign-Up Sheets (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 05:29:37 pm by Ghazkull »

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Mandate II: Improvements and New Setup
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2014, 04:25:56 pm »

Spoiler:  Map of Known Systems (click to show/hide)

Sol System

Spoiler:  Terra (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Mars (click to show/hide)

Thorin Gamma System

Spoiler:  Thorin I (click to show/hide)

Fimbul System

Spoiler:  Fimbul IV (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 05:41:27 pm by Ghazkull »

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2014, 04:30:06 pm »

Name: The Centria Enclave [I like the term Enclave... So sue me.]

Type of Government: Autocracy

Requested Planet: Thorin I

Willing to Share Planet: No

Culture: The Centria Enclave is a Autocracy run by the leader Nerjin. Little is known about the leader but the people's culture is much easier to pin down. In one word: Effeciency. The lack of resources and deadly environment has left little room for delicacies or the like in the people's lives. One example of this is found in their lack of holidays, the constant work means they are unable to devote time to extra-curricular activities. That is not to say that the people of the Centrian Enclave are unhappy, indeed most take a great pride in extracting every last usable piece from every piece of equipment and keeping it running as long as possible. While not outright hostile towards outsiders the Centrian Enclave view others wasteful mannerisms deeply disturbing.

History: The Centiran Enclave was established after a world-wide civil war sparked by cultural differences and sensibilities reaching a boiling point. Oddly enough the term "Civil War" is much too harsh for what actually took place. The Centrian Encalve [the progenitors of the current Enclave] was around a quarter of the population, the lowest of the low, whereas the Northrian Democragogy [a large cadre of nobles and middle men] were the vast majority of the population. The "Civil War" was just a extravagent name granted to the conflict during the incident. What truly happened was more similar to a peaceful succession that lead to the Northrian Democragogy dying off or leaving the planet due to being unable to handle the harsh conditions of the planet after most of the workers joined the Centrian Enclave. Since that day, for about forty years, the Centrian Enclave has been eternally vigilant against wastefullness as they have seen what waste can do to a group.

Planet Description: Thorin I: Almost considered a Death World Thorin I is anything but a nice place to be. The Planet is mostly covered in Steppes and its vast caverns would make for a perfect Habitat if not for one Thing. The Asteroid Belt surrounding Thorin is constantly bombarding the planet. Earthquakes, floods and similiar catastrophes caused by Meteorite Impacts make Thorin a very, very dangerous Place to live. However It's underground Flora and Fauna is unique and sells at high Prices on the market.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 03:41:23 pm by Nerjin »
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2014, 05:43:40 pm »

Initial Colony Setup is complete, but might still be subject to change.
Also update the changes to the rules: a modification of the Cultural Unrest System and a Modification to blockades and Shipbuilding.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2014, 03:59:35 am »

Name of Nation: Martian Terraforming Authority
Type of Government: Cyberocratic Representative Meritocracy
Requested Planet: Mars
Willing to Share Planet: Y
Other Things: (Culture, History, Description of the Planet you are going to own. Biology Plant-Life...generally Fluff of your Nation and your Planet. Remember the Colony is only 100 years old)

Originally a minor Mandate authority responsible for the terraforming of new colonies, the Terraforming authority splintered as civil war gripped the Mandate. On Earth and other planets, the Terraforming was quickly abandoned, on Mars, however, it flourished. Operating with little funds and under the constant threat of civil war, the Terraforming authority, nevertheless managed to continue it's projects. As the government of Mars was weakened by the war and internal protests, the Terraforming Authority gradually grew in strength, eventually taking over.

An organization dominated by Scientists, the MTA uses an unique government structure, based on complete control of information. Major industries are all controlled by the government, though computerized systems manage to avoid the trap of large resource inefficiencies and other economical trouble usually associated with State owned economies. The entire economy is digitalized, using virtual currencies and online trade markets and advanced algorithms to ensure an optimal flow of goods and wipe out corruption.

In order to maintain essential freedoms and public happiness, the government is unusually open with information, which however leaves it open to major protests should the government commit itself to less morally justifiable actions.

(Are we staying with the lowered tech cost, or do we go back to the 100 000 credit cost. Anyway, it's going to be hard to maintain technological superiority.)

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2014, 05:03:52 am »

we keep the lowered tech cost.

Ebbor you are accepted. Nerjin...i have my problems with direct ripoffs in a game. If i go to the length and make a original setting you could try the same :P
But seriously go at least a bit more creative with your nation.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2014, 01:43:17 pm »

we keep the lowered tech cost.

Ebbor you are accepted. Nerjin...i have my problems with direct ripoffs in a game. If i go to the length and make a original setting you could try the same :P
But seriously go at least a bit more creative with your nation.

Ouch, alright, I can live with that. I shall do so once I get home. For now though... TO THE ERASING BOARD!!!
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2014, 06:01:59 am »

COme on we need two more interested people then can we start.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2014, 06:30:40 am »

Might make a sheet later, I guess.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2014, 07:37:13 am »

Anyway, minor question. Has there been a change in the stance on state-owned industries? After all, it appears that the 2 minor colonies are starting with them.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2014, 12:49:36 pm »

aye Since players are now states more or less and not individuals anymore anybody can now build any kind of Industry.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2014, 12:57:13 pm »

On one side, this means that some things might actually work. On the other, I'm kind of screwed economically then. Even the 2 extra-solar colonies can outspend me.

On a side note, if Thorin I drops under 1 billion people, or Fimbul under 2 billion, will it lose it's luxury resource?

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2014, 01:39:25 pm »

Shootandrun. :I

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2014, 02:46:49 pm »

Yep if there is not enough population you cant effectively gather the resource. However you always get at least one of them. So you can't completely use it.

what?

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2014, 02:48:00 pm »

Posted in the wrong thread, by any chance?
Pages: [1] 2 3