Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Flame Titans  (Read 1060 times)

MrsStick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Flame Titans
« on: April 06, 2014, 02:58:38 am »

So...I just got my first titan. It's composed entirely of flame, which means that its smoke prevents my dwarves from pathing to find it and kill it.

Anyone got any tips?
My hubby got me into DF...then abandoned his for MineCraft.
Husband has been possessed!
I'm sorry your husband had a strange mood and ended up making a useless trinket out of useless materials without gaining any experience in the process.

Urist McRas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Flame Titans
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2014, 03:01:57 am »

Kill him from range, one lucky shot should be enough.
The fortresses are penal colonies.
The mountainhome has far too many degenerates too deal with by itself, so it sends out minor nobles to establish penal colonies across the world.

MrsStick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2014, 03:09:13 am »

Will I have to station my squad somewhere they might be able to get it? How close/far should be enough for a ranged attack?
I'm sorry your husband had a strange mood and ended up making a useless trinket out of useless materials without gaining any experience in the process.

TruePikachu

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished System Administrator
    • View Profile
    • cDusto (my personal server)
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2014, 03:40:40 am »

Doesn't matter with a non-solid titan material. One shot, even if it just grazes, will down it. Just as long as you get the shot off and it connects.

EDIT: To put it into context, when a non-solid titan receives an attack, it suddenly realises that its material (flame in this case) doesn't actually hold a solid form, and thus the titan dies. Liquids also receive this treatment, but IIRC stuff like salt doesn't.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 03:42:32 am by TruePikachu »
He likes Pokémon, composing ≡«☼characters☼»≡, Windows for its compatability, Linux for its security, and Pikachu for its electric capabilities. When possible, he prefers to consume pasta. He absolutely detests Apple.

MrsStick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2014, 06:04:08 am »

Lamest fight ever. Got the marksdwarves stationed, they wouldn't shoot. I told them to attack, they walked away. STUPID dwarves. Turns out they didn't have any metal bolts on them, so I had to reset what bolts could be used for combat...then re-stationed them, re-ordered to attack. Three times later, they took it out with two bolts.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2014, 06:49:05 pm »

Lamest fight ever. Got the marksdwarves stationed, they wouldn't shoot. I told them to attack, they walked away. STUPID dwarves. Turns out they didn't have any metal bolts on them, so I had to reset what bolts could be used for combat...then re-stationed them, re-ordered to attack. Three times later, they took it out with two bolts.
It's a bit more fun when you send a speardwarf to face one and the Titan promptly explodes.

TruePikachu

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished System Administrator
    • View Profile
    • cDusto (my personal server)
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2014, 02:48:04 am »

s/fun/‼FUN‼/
He likes Pokémon, composing ≡«☼characters☼»≡, Windows for its compatability, Linux for its security, and Pikachu for its electric capabilities. When possible, he prefers to consume pasta. He absolutely detests Apple.