Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 24

Author Topic: Long Live the Queen! A Mafia-Themed Succession Fort. [Year Two complete!]  (Read 35553 times)

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile

That was a well handled reveal, Toaster. Poor tiny dwarves.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile

If the Webadict dwarf doesn't get shanked at some point, I will be sad.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile

Definitely liking how this is going so far.

I have plans...but of course I'll have to see how things stand when it gets to my turn.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Didn't Webadict get stabbed right before hosting a game?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile

... what?

And yes, update coming eventually.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

4maskwolf gazed upon the fortress from the heavens, watching those he had left behind.  He did not blame the other dwarves for his death, for they did not know of the undead when they arrived.  It saddened him that he had not been able to make potash as he had wanted, but to die in the service of the fortress was enough.  The queen was a monster, and to die in resistance to her rule was the ultimate reward.
As he gazed below him, he saw through all of the layers of the fortress at once.  He saw the dwarves scrambling around the lower river level attempting to secure it from intrusion by the alligators that lurked outside.  They had also begun construction of… something on the same level.  They appeared to be digging towards the river on the other side, aided by the bridge that had been placed many levels above.  Even with his eyes, seeing all that occurred, he could not discern an immediate purpose for the mining.
As he watched, one of the aforementioned alligators decided to enter the fortress to try and eat some dwarves, then suddenly decided to leave the fortress.  The dwarves were puzzled, but continued their work as if nothing had happened.
As he watched from above, 4maskwolf noticed that TheDarkStar was pregnant.  Shortly before the end of Granite, she gave birth to a baby boy.  The dwarves of the fortress rejoiced at the newfound life in the fort, and prepared a feast to celebrate the occasion.
4maskwolf sighed: he longed to return to the land of the living.  His beloved Solymr had gone on to the afterlife, but something was keeping him confined, keeping him tethered to the land of the living.  He watched the dwarves and their movements, and longed to be a part of that world once more.
Off at the edge of his vision, he saw a large group of dwarves approaching the fortress, seeking asylum there.  He watched them all plod into the fortress, and as they entered an idea formed in his mind.  He reached out with his spirit, wresting control of one of the rangers with his soul.
“The bitch queen will pay for this.”

Oh, and as an added bonus, I finally captured that jackass alligator that kept interfering with the work crews.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 08:06:38 pm by 4maskwolf »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

The bridge has no immediate purpose, but it's there if anyone needs it.  It's got a rail to prevent stupid falling and stupid interruptions, but no roof to prevent giant eagles (which we shouldn't have) and goblin arrows (more likely) from providing death from above.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile

I don't remember the details, exactly, but yeah. He was attacked by some crazy dude with a knife at school. I think his hand got cut? Traumatizing experience, regardless.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

I know the details.  :'(

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile

4maskwolf, update.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

4maskwolf, update.
+1
4maskwolf is currently on the wrong computer at the wrong time of day and in the wrong mood to update the game, please calm yourselves seeing as how the last update wasn't any good anyway.  Have a nice day.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile

Good day.  Dwarf me, please.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

4maskwolf would like to inform you that he needs until tonight for the next update, but fortunately for you everyone has been dwarfed except jack, because he requested after I was done dwarfing, and Jack will be dwarfed shortly.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile

Year 9 Please
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 24