Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 24

Author Topic: Long Live the Queen! A Mafia-Themed Succession Fort. [Year Two complete!]  (Read 35505 times)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile

Scrapping it would probably be less effort.
fuck alligators.

FUCK ALLIGATORS.

STOP INTERRUPTING MY WORKERS AND CRAWLING INTO MY FORTRESS, ONLY TO SLINK OFF WHEN NO NOM NOMS ARE IN SIGHT. EITHER WALK INTO THE CAGE TRAPS OR STAY THE HELL OUT.
I know them feels, bro.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

It should be easy unless you expanded that hall leading to it!

And the crypt is a few more levels down, if you hadn't noticed.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile

It should be easy unless you expanded that hall leading to it!

And the crypt is a few more levels down, if you hadn't noticed.
Oh, not through the well or anything, I tried to create a fishing dock.  And they keep fucking with the workers.  No combat, just scaring them off.  And they won't obligingly walk into the cage traps I thoughtfully set up for them a few levels up.  So I'm moving the traps to their level now.

Oh, and I did see the crypt.  I think it's time for some... renovations.  It is not a resting place fitting of me  :P

The proper resting place is called the dump...

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Muddy well! D:<

That would be my expression when I see the soil--the dirty, cold topsoil of our new settlement--and the proposed area of excavation. Our measurements, while accurate, are simple enough to be understood by anyone who had listened to their Da and Ma. While our settlement is of but a few swaths of x and y deep and long, a proper well must always be built over two z-levels of water, regardless of distance from well to water (as long as open space is in between such, and a grate or two to ensure safety); two 'tiles' of z-level to designate cleanliness, even if the rest of the upper level is flat.

--Tiruin

PS: I'd wonder who would fall down a well anyway, barring any external force on the dwarf.
I wonder if we can work with a waterfall one day. The mist is calming.
Did I submit my resume to the manager?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 11:19:33 pm by Tiruin »

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just watch as our problems with this well last for years.
The Derail Thread

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Muddy well! D:<

That would be my expression when I see the soil--the dirty, cold topsoil of our new settlement--and the proposed area of excavation. Our measurements, while accurate, are simple enough to be understood by anyone who had listened to their Da and Ma. While our settlement is of but a few swaths of x and y deep and long, a proper well must always be built over two z-levels of water, regardless of distance from well to water (as long as open space is in between such, and a grate or two to ensure safety); two 'tiles' of z-level to designate cleanliness, even if the rest of the upper level is flat.

--Tiruin

PS: I'd wonder who would fall down a well anyway, barring any external force on the dwarf.
I wonder if we can work with a waterfall one day. The mist is calming.
Did I submit my resume to the manager?

WATERFALL WORK INBOUND, PLEASE STAND BY!!!!!!!!!

and there aren't any well problems, cheese.  just fucking alligators attacking my builders on the fishing pier.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok then, change that to fishing problems.
The Derail Thread

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My friend claimed there would be fishing problems-the bane of every fort who digs without surveying the depths.
Rather than conclude on it, given the only thing between me and the other...'rebels', I'd hypothesize. Not by argument.

I held up a wooden bucket. 'Short-term.'
I held up a pickaxe and slammed it against the dirt, causing a crack from which the brook next to me flowed. 'Long-term.'

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My friend claimed there would be fishing problems-the bane of every fort who digs without surveying the depths.
Rather than conclude on it, given the only thing between me and the other...'rebels', I'd hypothesize. Not by argument.

I held up a wooden bucket.

...You make me so happy, Tiru.
The Derail Thread

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Actually, it'd be tons easier to fix the well by deconstructing it and moving it up a z-level, then sealing the old area.  Bam, an air gap prevents any river beasts from getting in.

Wells can stretch multiple z-levels!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Actually, it'd be tons easier to fix the well by deconstructing it and moving it up a z-level, then sealing the old area.  Bam, an air gap prevents any river beasts from getting in.

Wells can stretch multiple z-levels!
yep, but the well isn't the problem, the gators don't even try to enter the well area.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You'll have to put the idea that it also takes time to draw that bucket UP and DOWN z-levels, right? :P
They don't like being near Dwarves. Also, I'd be making a lore post on DF-mechanics: Mundane Creatures and Pathing
:P
Unless they suddenly go RAEG...

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Contrary to popular belief, dwarves don't like being eaten. Hence why they run before the gators reach them.
The Derail Thread

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll have a dwarf please. Preferably not useless.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No dwarf is useless.

Yeah, even what most stereotype the Haulers.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 24