Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Carp- so badass they kill the zombies of themselves  (Read 961 times)

Misterstone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Carp- so badass they kill the zombies of themselves
« on: November 17, 2007, 05:16:00 am »

So I just started this map about 15 seconds ago before pausing it to look around, and I saw this.  Were the normal carp fighting the zombie carp?  Is that supposed to happen? Anyways, loads o fun...

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
Re: Carp- so badass they kill the zombies of themselves
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2007, 05:23:00 am »

Hilarius! Awesome!  :D
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

The Hidden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2007, 10:43:00 am »

One time, I encountered kobolds fighting cave creatures.
hat''s it for now.

Hesitris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2007, 11:08:00 am »

It's not uncommon for creatures to fight among themselves. Undead are generally hated by everything else, so that attack doesn't surprise me in the least bit. Nice end result there, though. XD

Misterstone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2007, 08:55:00 pm »

The whole zombie fish thing is still hilarious.  

Unfortunately, it also seems to be giving me incredible lag (I am pretty sure it is the fish that are causing it, because I played on a another cliff-side lake map with tons of Z-levels before, and it didn't lag like this).  

Since there are some fish/zombies in pools who are not able to get to the river, I wonder if there is some kind of crazy pathfinding stuff (zombie and living fish are unable to reach each other) going on that might be causing the lagging.  Or maybe just because there are so many fish?

Anyways, still kind of fun.  And there are zombie sturgeons moving around on land as well.  :)

Gakidou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2007, 09:42:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Misterstone:
<STRONG>Since there are some fish/zombies in pools who are not able to get to the river, I wonder if there is some kind of crazy pathfinding stuff (zombie and living fish are unable to reach each other) going on that might be causing the lagging.  </STRONG>

Clearly they are lagging the game in protest of their captivity. The only solution is to dig a massive series of channels to reunite them with their mother ocean.

FREE ZOMBIE WILLY!

Bingbing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2007, 07:14:00 pm »

Isord Pathfinder cancels freeing Zombie Willy: being eaten by Zombie Willy
Beware. Not of the E, or of the U, or even of the &, @, and b. Beware the #.<BR>(Translation:) Beware. Not of the elephants, or of the unicorns, or even the demons, carp, and badgers. Beware the husks, for they are relentless, corrupting, and unstoppable. Only the might of hell itself can even keep it in check; and only for a small period of time. If one sees such a being; run away, unless you like the idea of joining their ranks.