Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Geartouched, the artificial mountain. Revived.  (Read 3272 times)

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
Geartouched, the artificial mountain. Revived.
« on: April 04, 2014, 11:48:04 am »

Hey guys! Since pastafriend and phillymaniz evaporated, I'm continuing his succession for here with my turn. After lunch I'll get all the links fixed and the OP list going again. If ever they come back... I don't know how we'll do it, but it's such a fun concept I don't want to just let it die.

EDIT: GOOD NEWS EVERYONE! :D I was able to get in touch with Pastafriend and get his save! That means I can start my turn and we'll still have all of the proper things in place. Also, he's perfectly fine with it, so we can move forward with no worries! Also, since I have nothing to do this week in school, I should have plenty of time to play. Remember everyone, the goal is to build a new mountain and we put in a lot of moddable "blank" elements so that the game can slowly get more interesting... So if we have some FOR !!SCIENCE!! players, they should begin the excitement now.

Original thread:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=136779.0

Adrethadar, The Past Planets

Premise: For 200 years, the dwarves of The Heavy Walls have thrived in their mountains. However, their succes has created a new problem. The mountainhomes are suffering from overpopulation. But where should a dwarven civilization expand to when all the mountains have already been filled? A dwarf cannot be expected to live in the forests, or on the plains. The answer is simple: they build new mountains to live in.
[/quote]

As before, I'm cross-linking this fortress with mine. This was done in the original with mutual agreement between me and pastafriend. Now that I'm running both, it seems a little cheap, but I'm still going to do it.
My succession fort: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=135929.0

OP List:
1. Pastafriend           
2. Phillymaniz   Skipped.       
3. CaptainMcClellan Skipped also. Technical difficulties.
4. Evilthom
5. SpookyDoctor
6. Beneviento
7. Spear
8. CaptainMcClellan
9. CaptainArchmage

Dorfing list:
CaptainMcClellan - As Ringo. Jeweler please.
Evilthom
SpookyDoctor
Beneviento
Spear
CaptainArchmage

« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 11:23:18 pm by CaptainMcClellan »

Spear

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Noob☼
    • View Profile
Re: Geartouched, the artificial mountain. Revived.
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2014, 04:04:04 pm »

Awesome, well here i am to call a turn! :D

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2014, 06:03:30 pm »

And you're added! I'm grabbing the save now. EDIT: I can't find the link to the save. :(
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 06:07:48 pm by CaptainMcClellan »

Spear

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Noob☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2014, 12:33:42 am »

New Succession game time! lol, make a new one and say something about the lost fortress of Geartouched?

Edit:
     Using this thread you could quote anything important from the old one like the rules, then pop in a quick story, and create a new world, i have an awsome seed for a world with endless !FUN! embark locations, i could even make the story if you want? im only clinging to this succession because the old one could go nicely in the story..   and because i want to go after a few turns.. haha
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 01:57:56 am by Spear »

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2014, 12:43:05 pm »

Count me in.  If you guys would like to, use my "Luckiest Tourist EVER" save file - it already has scads of player-generated history and a few mountain embarks to boot.  Maybe re-build the "Whitecastle" district somewhere else, but without it getting destroyed by stupid necromancer historians?
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2014, 04:43:49 pm »

Mm... I'm not sure what to do just yet. The original Geartouched had modded-in elements. So I think I'll roll up a quick mod-set, try to guess the params of the original and regen that way. The names will be the same, but I can't get the seed or embark site from guessing, so it'll be a whole new world I guess. And that kinda works in case pastafriend ever comes back, we can just have it be some sort of alternate realities sort of thing.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2014, 01:23:28 pm »

BUMP! See the OP for new details.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2014, 04:39:17 pm »

I'll take a turn, hopefully I will still be around when it comes around. Are we going to be casting the mountain in obsidian, or should it be only blocks and other building materials?
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2014, 08:31:32 am »

I'll take a turn, hopefully I will still be around when it comes around. Are we going to be casting the mountain in obsidian, or should it be only blocks and other building materials?

I'm not sure. At the moment we're just building layers of Gabbro walls. In time we probably should pump magma somewhere to produce obsidian. Especially if we want the mountain to look "natural".

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2014, 09:10:10 am »

pumping magma sounds cool, 3 layer thick walls with obsidian shell around it. just have to build it like a moat. Welcome to mud mountain

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2014, 09:11:37 am »

pumping magma sounds cool, 3 layer thick walls with obsidian shell around it. just have to build it like a moat. Welcome to mud mountain

Mmhmm! :] It should be fun to try.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2014, 03:30:14 pm »

Geartouched artificial VOLCANO
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2014, 08:05:45 pm »

So yeah. I had made it halfway through the year when I sat on my flash drive. Doing so broke my flashdrive. Until I can get to a soldering iron, I can't access my files. I didn't think this was going to be a big problem, until I realized that I'm not going to visit my grandparents until next week. ( Since I can't drive, I have to rely on other people to transport me. ) That said, can we move to the next player? Leaving it idling doesn't sit right with me.

Spear

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Noob☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2014, 12:46:10 am »

lol way to go.. have you informed the players on the list that it switched forums?

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2014, 10:42:39 am »

Ahhh... you're right! I didn't think of that. I'll update the OP list to put me as skipped and re-add me to the bottom of the list then send out a mass PM.
Pages: [1] 2