Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16

Author Topic: Arrowflight: Island Nations - IC Thread  (Read 16167 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Arrowflight: Island Nations - IC Thread
« Reply #135 on: April 23, 2014, 01:23:28 am »

Kyle looks offended.
"I am obviously not a 'land-dog'. And I just happen to be a performer."

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 23, 2014, 11:58:04 am »

'Jan? T'skrat.'

He nods, motioning at himself.

'Warrior.'
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 23, 2014, 08:08:21 pm »

The name's Garashn. I'm a bounty hunter by trade. Turning to Kyle, he says, What's wrong with dogs? I like them. They tear out throats, which is one of my favourite things.
((Garashn likes to pretend he's more violent than he really is, by the way.))

Kyle shrugs and begins making piles of dead bodies for connivence later.
You start piling up bodies for your connivence later. What your plan for them is, nobody knows but you. That's what makes it so conniving.
((I thought it was pretty funny.))

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 23, 2014, 08:19:19 pm »

"I'm a sea dog. Not a land dog."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 23, 2014, 08:27:45 pm »

"Oh! My apologies, then. Sometimes it can be hard to tell the difference until you get both kinds of dogs on the same ship."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 23, 2014, 08:36:34 pm »

Kyle nods with a harumph.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 25, 2014, 01:27:15 am »

"Well, if we're going to set sail I will need to acquire a few things. See you all later."

Shop for and find prices for the following items:
A spyglass
A compass
A flask

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 25, 2014, 01:42:04 am »

"Agrrreed"

Search apothecaries for some fresh medical herbs - maybe they will have something in acceptable condition after all. Also, bandages.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 25, 2014, 05:27:45 am »

Shop for and find prices for the following items:
A spyglass
A compass
A flask

You shop around and find that Carindoor's General Store seems to have all three items. Carindoor himself is an aging Elf with a long, flowing white beard, and he seems to have a fondness for stroking it when in thought. His wife, Elza, an elf of about the same age, helps with managing stocks and keeps track of all the large orders. Other shops usually take care of bulk orders through Carindoor's, and every evening, Elza makes her rounds around the market district, delivering orders (and sometimes baked goods) to all the other shopkeepers.

Bargain(6): 5
After a bit of haggling, you manage to talk the aging elf down to about 21 gold for all three items. Carindoor insists that it's quite the bargain.

Search apothecaries for some fresh medical herbs - maybe they will have something in acceptable condition after all. Also, bandages.
The general store has the bandages, and sells them for 1 gold per roll (about 2 uses). There is also a market stall, labelled Fine Apothecaria, run by a hooded Montaka, selling various herbs and remedies. You manage to buy a few small bags from him (4 in total) for 20 gold.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 25, 2014, 10:57:59 am »

Tell Carindoor that I will be back later. Attempt to find Philip and persuade him for an advance on my payment in order to pay for important tools for the voyage.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 25, 2014, 10:59:21 am »

Kyle... goes off and plays music for cash.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 25, 2014, 11:30:15 am »

T'skrat wanders the city, looking for any arms and armour suitable for someone as large as him. Once finished, he goes to the cities outskirts to watch the sun go down.

He mused aloud as he walked.
'Here is sssstrange. No fires, no treesssss. Jussst sstone'
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 25, 2014, 09:57:15 pm »

After seeing people starting to build a pyre for the dead things ((presumably somewhere nearby?)), Garashn says, I think I'll go help build the pyre. Not that I'd really mind if these ghouls came back to life, though; that fight was the most fun I've had all day. When it's finished, he helps pile the bodies onto it, and then stays behind for the funeral, during which he is unusually quiet and doesn't even make any comments about the fun of killing things.

Once the somber mood of the funeral passes, Garashn goes back to The Broken Mast, and tells everyone about how great he is, and how he saved the whole town from ghouls.

He gives the rest of the group some token acknowledgement, but the way he tells it, he's the hero of the tale. He does it in a likable sort of half-sarcastic self-deprecating kind of funny way that shows he doesn't take himself too seriously ((I feel like there's a word I should be using here, but I forget what it is)), not a 'make everyone hate him because he's such a loudmouth' way. The story is accompanied by rowdy, over-the-top, seemingly drunken (but not actually intoxicated) actions, including but not limited to jumping on and off tables, kicking over chairs, etc. Try not to damage anything, but if something happens to get broken, he'll offer to pay for it, after jokingly pretending to hide it behind his back.

If any drinks offered to him for his tale, he gladly accepts the offer, but if not, he buys his own.

((If you want me to roleplay the whole bar thing more specifically, I'd be glad to, but it might be better for game speed if I didn't.))

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 27, 2014, 08:21:02 am »

Tell Carindoor that I will be back later. Attempt to find Philip and persuade him for an advance on my payment in order to pay for important tools for the voyage.
Phillip is more than willing to pay for any tools you need for the voyage. No persuasion necessary.

Kyle... goes off and plays music for cash.
Play Instrument - Stringed(11+1): (5)
You sit on the street outside the tavern and play remarkably well. Even people who seemed to be in hurry slow down to toss a few coins your way. All in all, you make about 30 gold.

T'skrat wanders the city, looking for any arms and armour suitable for someone as large as him. Once finished, he goes to the cities outskirts to watch the sun go down.
You head over to The Sailor's Arms to peruse their wares. As you walk into the store you immediately notice a large, muscled troll working at the forge. He glances over at you and grunts before returning to his work. A young woman comes out of the back room and hastily makes her way to the front counter. Though her looks are disheveled, she greets you with a smile.
"Hello there! Welcome to The Sailor's Arms. What can I help you with today?"

goes back to The Broken Mast, and tells everyone about how great he is, and how he saved the whole town from ghouls.
((I'll save this for later, when the funeral is actually over.))

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 27, 2014, 10:25:07 am »

In that case, request 21 gold from him. Return to Carindoor and pay for the three aforementioned items. Also check for a sea chart of the nearby islands.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16