Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16

Author Topic: Arrowflight: Island Nations - IC Thread  (Read 16175 times)

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
Re: Arrowflight: Island Nations - IC Thread
« Reply #90 on: April 11, 2014, 11:10:37 am »

"We'll give him plenty of tarrrgets. You may trrry..."
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 11, 2014, 11:19:31 am »

T'skrat grunted in affirmation, a grin baring his fangs.

'Big onesss.'
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 11, 2014, 11:21:10 am »

((Would it be possible for Jan to appraise the condition of the ship, see if it will get very far?))
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 11, 2014, 11:44:29 am »

((Would it be possible for Jan to appraise the condition of the ship, see if it will get very far?))
It's not all that hard to see that the ship is in terrible condition. It should really be falling apart right now, but despite the splintered and rotted planks, and the odd bits of rusty metal jutting out from the hull, it stays together, and is starting to even pick up speed as it looses tattered sails that should by no means be able to catch wind. Plus, a 10 foot ice wall isn't really going to do much to stop a 30 foot wide frigate. Especially when that ship is apparently being held together magically, and any damage to the hull wouldn't make much difference.

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 11, 2014, 06:31:19 pm »

"Is anybody else herrre concerrrned about ship making its leave?"
"I was going to try an ice wall, but then I remembered the ogre who would bat me out into the sea if I ran closer."
Don't worry, I've got this one!

Draw a second knife in my left hand, back up a few steps, and then sprint forward and dive for the ship (by fully extending his body in a dive, Garashn is getting an extra 7 feet on his leap). If I fail the jump, attempt to use my knives as climber's pitons to save it.

((I realize that I'm directly ignoring GM advice, but Garashn isn't the kind of guy who thinks before he leaps.))
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 07:42:49 pm by ShadowHammer »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 11, 2014, 06:32:13 pm »

"... I'll be sure to write a song about this if you die."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 11, 2014, 07:29:00 pm »

"Eh, I'm sure he'll make it."

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 12, 2014, 06:20:39 pm »

Move as close as possible to the Undead Ogre, draw the second pistol in whichever hand is free, and SHOOT! Aim for the head!
Sharpshooter: 5 < 9
{ROLL}
You move into melee range and point your pistol up at the Ogre's head, pulling the trigger. Its left horn explodes into its face, and its face is left badly scorched. It turns and roars in your face, barely flinching at all.

Reload!
You finish reloading and will be able to fire next round.

dive for the ship
{ROLL}
You dive for the ship and your knives dig into the side of the hull, but as soon as the est of your body hits the ship, the weak and rotted wooden planks splinter apart, and you fall into the water.

"Chill wind the ogre
Arcane Theory - Elemental(-2): 8 > 7
SPELL FAIL SAVE: 1 < 6
The appearance of large undead ogre seems to have broken your concentration. It's hard to cast spells with a huge undead monstrosity screaming at you.

Immobilize brute with an arms lock.
Shal'ekkhar: 7 < 9
{ROLL}
You jump onto the ogre's back and try to pull its arms back, but it shakes you off and you land back on your feet.

Swing for the torso.
Barbarian 4 > 9
{ROLL}
You manage to cut through its armor and into its chest, spilling its black, foul-smelling blood. It doesn't even seem to care.

Kyle blinks at the ogre. Then looks down at his whip before looking back to the ogre. Then he tries to do... Anything, to harm it.
Rogue: 4 < 7
{ROLL}
You look around at your surroundings and come up with an idea. Sweeping up a handful of sawdust, you attempt to toss the small particles into its eyes and blind it. Unfortunately, the ogre swats the sawdust away with one hand as it continues to advance on your comrades.

Hideous Ogre's Action:
{ROLL}
Janiries - Swashbuckler: 7 < 10
The ogre swings furiously at Janiries, but her quick footwork prevents it from landing a single blow as it roars in frustration.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 12, 2014, 06:23:04 pm »

Try blinding it again!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 12, 2014, 06:31:17 pm »

"C'mon ya scallywags, we've got it on the ropes!"

Time for a different approach! Swing the cutlass at one of the ogre's legs, attempting to cut it off! Or at least cut an important muscle/tendon.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 02:36:24 am by Sirus »

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 13, 2014, 02:33:01 am »

Torso again. Rush to knock it prone.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 13, 2014, 02:57:04 am »

"Okay... Differrrent apprrroach..."

Bring ogre down by its leg.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 13, 2014, 01:16:40 pm »

Garashn snarls a few curses after falling into the water, and then attempts to swim back towards the dock. He also keeps an eye out for the ghouls that were knocked into the water, lest they take him unaware and drag him below the waves.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 14, 2014, 07:28:08 am »

"Tic! Chill wind! And stay dead!"
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 21, 2014, 03:36:38 am »

Time for a different approach! Swing the cutlass at one of the ogre's legs, attempting to cut it off! Or at least cut an important muscle/tendon.
Swashbuckler(9): 7
{ROLL}
The ogre manages to sidestep your swing, still coming at you with an unnatural fury.

Tali's action:
Sharpshooter(9): 7
Tali's shot hits the ogre dead center in the chest, causing it to stumble backwards, but a second later it regains its footing and continues its advance, despite the oozing black fluid pouring from its open wounds.

swim back towards the dock.
You manage to clamber back onto the dock, water sluicing off of you. You take a moment to catch your breath, as you seem to have forgotten that you don't really know how to swim.

Chill wind!
Arcane Theory - Elemental(9-2): 5
{ROLL}
The ogre is struck in the chest with several razor sharp shards of ice, which begin to become stained black with its blood.

Bring ogre down by its leg.
Shal'ekkhar(9): 10
You lunge for one of the ogre's legs, and miss it by an inch. You're not sure how that happened, seeing as how its legs are about the same size as the posts holing up the dock.

Torso again. Rush to knock it prone.
((You know melee attacks default to the torso, right? You don't have to call it every time. "Non-called" shots only hit a random body part if you're using a ranged weapon.))
Barbarian(9): 7
{ROLL}
The ogre takes your greatsword to the gut and falls over, black blood and rotten entrails spilling into the ground. It makes no more attempts to move.

Try blinding it again!
Feeling a little spiteful, you stomp on the unmoving ogre's eyes. Though its eyes become bloodied and bruised, it still makes no attempt to get up. You would guess that what life that was in it has gone for now.

The rescued mearchant seems to be rousing to consciousness and rubbing his head in pain. He groggily begins to speak, before looking around and gasping in fear.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16