Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16

Author Topic: Arrowflight: Island Nations - IC Thread  (Read 16180 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Arrowflight: Island Nations - IC Thread
« Reply #75 on: April 07, 2014, 07:26:32 pm »

"Too slow!"

Attack the ghoul that just attacked me! Cutlass, of course.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 07, 2014, 08:11:44 pm »

Garashn snarls, They just won't stay dead! Doesn't matter if they survive if they're at the bottom of the sea, though.

Ignoring the dwarf's advice about having to burn the ghouls afterwards, lower my shoulder and attempt to slam the ghoul off the dock (knockdown attack).

Prepare to parry using Rogue skill, so as to not follow the ghoul off the edge if I dodge the wrong way.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 08, 2014, 04:45:37 am »

Kerr'tan stopped for a moment to remember next phrase of the focusing chant - only to find that he completely forgot it. Was it "h'ssaarth inlan utvack" or "Saart ulga tkwai"? Maybe "Sseeth innal vatuck"?

Newly-formed prayer staggered a bit and went blank in his head. Oh well... Grrach'har always said "practice, idiot, practice". He should have listened to him, probably. But he was too preoccupied with talking to spirits of nature. After all, common prayers were useful only for a few purposes and were prerogative of a village seer, not traveling one. That certainly backlashed now, when he run out of herbal concoctions and other natural medicines.

Kerr'tan pondered that he should have bought ingredients earlier. Sadly, most of the so-called healers had very limited supply. And most of their herbs were in awful condition, being cut in wrong moon phase or at equally wrong weather.

"Prrrobably I should help otherrrs..."

Shal'taka looked at raging battle just in time to see T'skrat receiving a straight cut with ghoul sword. That won't do.

Leave trader in safety and move into battle. Grapple the nearest ghoul and throw him off the pier.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 08, 2014, 06:27:19 am »

"Pah, don't fail me now, Chill wind!
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 08, 2014, 09:46:47 am »

-ignore, was supposed to be OOC-

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 08, 2014, 10:06:40 am »

Garashn snarls, They just won't stay dead! Doesn't matter if they survive if they're at the bottom of the sea, though.
Leave trader in safety and move into battle. Grapple the nearest ghoul and throw him off the pier.

"Ya bloody idjits, the waters can't be more an' all of three feet deep here. We'll be fishing the lot of em out with gaff hooks for hours yet..." The Dwarf grunted whilst continuing to reload her gun. 'Bottom of the sea' indeed!

Oh well, she thought. At least they creepers would be out of the way for a bit. She wondered if they could be able to swim and couldn't say. They seemed to have most of the skills their former selves had, and certainly had no trouble walking about-which would surely come as naturally as swimming would, if these things were once sailors.

((This is an assumption, of course :P We're standing on a dock, so the water can't really be very deep.))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 08, 2014, 09:06:13 pm »

((Well, the ship seems rather large, and you can't exactly sail a freighter in two feet of water.
And, fun historical fact speculation, many people think that sailors in this period of time didn't know how to swim, because if your ship sunk in the frigid oceanic waters near medieval Europe, it would just prolong your suffering.
*Disclaimer: I do not claim to know whether this is accurate or not.*))
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 09:17:14 pm by ShadowHammer »

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 10, 2014, 09:56:43 am »

T'skrat roared again, spinning with sword in hand to slay his attacker.

'Aaarrgghhh. Die greenssskinsss.''
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 11, 2014, 01:44:16 am »

Attack the ghoul that just attacked me! Cutlass, of course.
Swashbuckler: 3 < 9
{ROLL}
You swing at the ghoul's neck and its head flies off, rolling off the pier and landing in the water with a faint splash. Three remain.

Reload!

knockdown attack
Rogue: 8 < 11
{ROLL}
You slam into the Headtaker and send him tumbling down, off the pier. The rest of the ghouls seem to snap out of their stumbling demeanor and hiss at you.

Chill wind!
Arcane Theory - Elemental: 2 (CRIT) < 9
You freeze a ghoul solid and it breaks apart into little frozen chunks. Two ghouls are left standing.

Shal'ekkhar: 5 < 9
{ROLL}
Shal'ekkhar: 9 = 9
You charge into one of the ghouls and fling him off the pier. Only one ghoul remains.

slay his attacker
Barbarian: 10 > 9
You charge and swing at the bound ghoul near Kyle, but unfortunately, you miss.

Kyle gives the whip a sharp tug to try and remove the goul's leg.
Rogue: 5 < 7
You pull off the ghoul's foot, but it also manages to get up and limp onto the boat, hissing feebly at you from the deck.
Suddenly, a large and obviously undead ogre marches out from below decks, clad in crude leather armor. It looks to be in about the same shape as the Headtaker was, but its rippling (and in some places, exposed) muscles tell you that this ghoul is going to be a lot tougher than its predecessors. As soon as it steps off the creaking gangplank, the captain and surviving ghoul pull the plank onto the ship, and as if by magic, the boat begins to drift away.

Spoiler: Turn order (click to show/hide)

The ogre makes an unearthly roar, fresh blood flying from its decrepit lips, and charges straight for T'skrat, swinging wildly in a berserk rage!
{ROLL}
T'skrat - Barbarian: 7 < 9
T'skrat - SAVE: 7 < 12

T'skrat fails to dodge the ogre's power punch, and its fist slams into his gut, leaving him dazed and scathed, and damaging his lower body armor by 1. However, he is still able to maintain his balance, despite having the wind knocked out of him.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 11, 2014, 01:51:29 am »

Good thing I kept my Patience...
"Alright ya scurvy dogs, let's put this overgrown pile of fertilizer in the ground where it belongs!"

Move as close as possible to the Undead Ogre, draw the second pistol in whichever hand is free, and SHOOT! Aim for the head!

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 11, 2014, 06:13:09 am »

Kyle blinks at the ogre. Then looks down at his whip before looking back to the ogre. Then he tries to do... Anything, to harm it.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 11, 2014, 06:20:50 am »

T'skrat winced at the punch, flinching slightly, before pulling himself back to his full height.
Instead of stepping back, he moved forward, blade ready and teeth bared.

Swing for the torso.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 11, 2014, 06:39:10 am »

"Chill wind!"

The ogre
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 11, 2014, 08:20:49 am »

"Is anybody else herrre concerrrned about ship making its leave?"

Immobilize brute with an arms lock.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 11, 2014, 10:45:03 am »

"Is anybody else herrre concerrrned about ship making its leave?"

Immobilize brute with an arms lock.
"I was going to try an ice wall, but then I remembered the ogre who would bat me out into the sea if I ran closer."
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16