Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Lowlife (SG)  (Read 6418 times)

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
Lowlife (SG)
« on: April 03, 2014, 01:46:01 pm »

8/22 Corner Store, 7D NW Street
Three people walk into a corner shop with masks on.  They hold up guns and say the words you would expect a group of people armed with guns and wearing masks would say when walking into a shop. The shopkeeper holds up their hands and tells them that the register is theirs, no problem, while he presses the alarm under the table with his foot.

A cop on the beat around the corner gets the order to help with the situation a few minutes later.  The cop walks to the shop, takes out their gun, and prepares to enter the shop.

This is where things get confusing.

Question is, who exactly are you?

A. I’m the cop. It’s been a long day at work, and I just wanna go home to my family, and guess what happens? Fucking hold-up. Knowing my luck they’re going to be a bunch of amateurs who are desperate as hell and ready to kill any boy in blue who comes in marching in the door. Play it cool, maybe I’ll go home with a commendation. If not... better not think about the if nots or we'll be here all night.
B. I’m the criminal. Me and my friends got a couple of guns from a guy we know, bought the masks from a costume shop, bada bing bada boom, the robbery is well in hand. Hopefully it should go well. What could go wrong unless some cop comes in the door at this precise moment, which is a really unlikely idea. Get the cash, leave, be happy. It's as simple as it is easy.
Choose one.

Spoiler: GM Note (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 01:49:54 pm by Fniff »

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lowlife (SG)
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2014, 02:09:06 pm »

B, evil is fun
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2014, 02:33:18 pm »

A
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2014, 04:00:31 pm »

10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2014, 04:02:46 pm »

Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2014, 04:23:15 pm »

The Derail Thread

Coolnesstod

• Bay Watcher
  • Drink, Work, Repeat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2014, 04:52:26 pm »

All glory to the Hypnotoad.
Random fact: Robin Williams was once addicted to cocaine during the late 1980's/early 1990's.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2014, 05:14:30 pm »

C
A
+1
+1
+1
C, that's just wrong.

Outside the 8/22 Corner Store, 7D NW Street
You pull back the trigger on your gun as you lean against the wall. Inside, three perps have guns pointed at the shopkeeper. The pistol makes sure things don't go too crazy in there. Your cruiser is around the corner if they try to make a run for it. You have a lot of options, but all generally amount to the same four things which imply your operating style. You may not do these exact things, but it's the style that matters.
A. Violence. Go in, dispatch the perps, make sure they can't take out the shopkeeper. You like things to be done as soon as possible and you don't have the time to do much else. It's a little John Wayne but it's how you do things.
B. Talking. Ask the perps if their mothers would like to see them now. Get them to put down their guns. You always liked talking over shooting and lives should always be preserved. Besides, it gets the chief off your ass like nothing else.
C. Stealth. Go around the back, all quiet. Take one of them hostage, then ask them to put their guns down or their buddy gets their heads blown off by the crazy copper. The thing is, you like it clean and quiet, so that wouldn't happen, but no-one likes to see a cop come out of the shadows from nowhere and put a gun against their friend's head during a routine robbery.
D. Cunning. Call for back-up, wait until the robbery is done, trail them secretly, then come for them while they're asleep. They'll wake up to an arrest warrant. Less risky then the other options but it works better.

Whichever option you choose will impact your character's skillset.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2014, 05:17:02 pm »

D, I always wish cops would just freaking do this in movies.
The Derail Thread

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2014, 05:22:20 pm »

D, I always wish cops would just freaking do this in movies.
+1
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2014, 05:25:26 pm »

A it's time to go RAMBO!!

Honestly i can't find enough games where you as the good guy can be rambo without fighting humongous odds against you.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2014, 05:30:20 pm »

Honestly i can't find enough games where you as the good guy can be rambo without fighting humongous odds against you.

As a note, this game is going to have a very brutal combat system. However, you do have one thing on your side that will be revealed later. You don't have it for now, though.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2014, 05:38:53 pm »

As a note, this game is going to have a very brutal combat system. However, you do have one thing on your side that will be revealed later. You don't have it for now, though.

Let's go with D then.

Talking is no good unless we can give them something and i this SG is not combat friendly. If something goes wrong maybe we can keep our life at least.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5