Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Lord is sending me over absurd distances.  (Read 2259 times)

blazing glory

Lord is sending me over absurd distances.
« on: April 02, 2014, 06:16:07 am »

My latest quest should take about one and a half ingame weeks to get to the location and back.

Matoro

• Bay Watcher
  • if you drive alone you drive with hitler
    • View Profile
Re: Lord is sending me over absurd distances.
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2014, 08:28:59 am »

That's because you have killed all other bad guys. Quests are given by distance, shortest distance first. That's closest megabeast you have.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2014, 09:30:22 am »

Sometimes the closest one really IS that far away.

blazing glory

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2014, 04:01:59 pm »

Then my civ is put in a very boring location,no way I'm travelling over those mountains for every megabeast I need to kill,wondering if I should assassinate The Lord who gave me these quest's before I leave for a different civ.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2014, 08:15:07 am »

Then my civ is put in a very boring location,no way I'm travelling over those mountains for every megabeast I need to kill,wondering if I should assassinate The Lord who gave me these quest's before I leave for a different civ.
That is definitely something you should do. But why stop at assassination? Why not genocide?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Jack Smythe

• Bay Watcher
  • What would Urist do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2014, 10:03:07 am »

Better idea. Go kill the beast, take its limbs, come back and beat the Lord, his guards, his family, and the entire civ to death with them. And then mod the game so you can embark,  flood the city with magma, and engrave it with pictures of cheese in fortress mode. Because reasons.
Many say that humanity is a naturally good and benevolent race. Obviously, they have yet to meet us.

blazing glory

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2014, 07:57:15 pm »

Better idea. Go kill the beast, take its limbs, come back and beat the Lord, his guards, his family, and the entire civ to death with them. And then mod the game so you can embark,  flood the city with magma, and engrave it with pictures of cheese in fortress mode. Because reasons.

Nope,I may be clad in steel due to modding in dwarf cities but steel ain't gonna stop a crossbow bolt,I'm not skilled in misc objects and last time I tried that skill all I could do was bruise people,punching does more damage then that,and I don't have the patience for fortress mode,too boring,as for genocide I don't need to spend 5 minutes holding a arrow key so I can leave a village and head to another one.

Jack Smythe

• Bay Watcher
  • What would Urist do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2014, 08:23:55 pm »

Okay, then the lazy FI option. Kill lord to taste, grab anything shiny, hoof it to another civ. Look for one in a nice open plain surrounded by rivers and woods. Those usually have lots of nearby quests. Or find a gobbo fortress and start a war if the cycle gets boring. Becoming a husk is always my personal favorite, though, to be fair, the massive no fast travel zones are annoying.
Many say that humanity is a naturally good and benevolent race. Obviously, they have yet to meet us.

blazing glory

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2014, 08:30:51 pm »

I can never become a husk because I've never ever found a cloud or mist in a evil zone,I'll forget about getting anything shiny since they tend to be heavy and money is worthless in adventure mode.

I need to mod in goblin fortresses...

Jack Smythe

• Bay Watcher
  • What would Urist do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2014, 08:56:57 pm »

Oh, you don't train in throwing, do you? Sorry, I usually grab shiny things to chuck at people. Clouds are kinda hit or miss. Some area have them, some don't. I usually find them by accident and just keep going back to the same ones. If you don't have gobbos, take on some elves. Or retire, and try and kill yourself. If you're just looking for something to kill, head to the citadel and find the stairs to the sewers/cellars/catacombs/whatever-the-hell-they-are, and start wandering around until you find bandits. Companions are recommended. Plus, for added sadistic bonus, every time you rest or wait, they all respawn. Or, rather, more bandits of the same basic type show up.

blazing glory

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2014, 10:03:01 pm »

My adventurer is too skilled to really fight bandits,Legendary armor and shield skill shamelessly aquired from a pack of ravens,I don't have any throwing skill but I've got a boatload of sneaking,you don't really need to be good at throwing to break someone's bones from taking 100 rocks to several body parts,I've been to the circus once on one adventurer,I'd like a bit more sword skill before I try again.

Also can vampires become thralls?

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2014, 06:53:33 am »

Sadly, vampires cannot become enthralled. Only the truly living can, not the undead. You can, as far as I know, become a werewolf as well as a vampire and even a necromancer on top of that.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

blazing glory

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2014, 04:53:40 pm »

Sadly, vampires cannot become enthralled. Only the truly living can, not the undead. You can, as far as I know, become a werewolf as well as a vampire and even a necromancer on top of that.

Pretty sure you can't become a vampire-werebeast,and there don't seem to be any necromancer towers around.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2014, 07:55:27 pm »

A vampire can become a thrall but a thrall cannot become a vampire. Even thralls can become thralls to another type of gas/dust. Everyone can become a thrall.

shevtsov200

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2014, 01:42:13 am »

I've never ever found a cloud or mist in a evil zone
You should seek in red evil zones, not purple.