Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Poll's closed.

Until I figure out how to un-close it, at least.
- 0 (0%)
So yeah.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: May 01, 2014, 02:06:40 pm

Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 136

Author Topic: Re: !!Post - USSR Politics Thread!!: On Lockdown Due to Excessive Politicking  (Read 156252 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

Well, we have video evidence of pro-Ukrainians trying to push scaffoldings and ladders to help the people out. Could be that some helped and some did not.

As for the red armbands guys, some of the policemen also had red armbands.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Here are Lukashenko's words were he basically says that all that armed separatists in Eastern Ukraine should be hanged.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 05:02:53 am by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile

Well you don't think that Lunkashenko is an example of rationality or sanity, do you?

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well you don't think that Lunkashenko is an example of rationality or sanity, do you?
Actually I believe that unlike Putin Lukashenko is very rational and sane. And I believe that Lukashenko do care about his nation. He enjoys that role of a "strict but kind father". While IMO, Putin doesn't care about Russian at all. Putin is a megalomaniac imperial ambitions. He want to be the ruler #1 in the world

That doesn't change the fact that Lukashenko is a dictator and ways he choose to proper Belarus forward will result in economical and\or collapse sooner or later. And solutions like- "hang them all" don't work at all.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
._.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Conflicting statements, don't you think?

It is very possible to be a rational and sane dictator. Dictator is not necessarily a synonym for despot.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile

Then please give me some examples of rational and sane dictators.
._.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

The current leadership of the PRC? Park Chung-hee?

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Then please give me some examples of rational and sane dictators.

Garibaldi, Cromwell, Caesar, Stalin (until he went loopy and started worrying about Jews), Lukashenko, Deng Xiaoping, Mubarak, Chiang Kai-shek, Park Chung-hee, Lee Kwan-Yew, Juan Vicente-Gomez, Fidel Castro, Raul Castro etc, Bashar al-Assad etc.

They aren't all good people, most are terrible people, but they're still rational and sane. That's how they remained in power for so long.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 05:49:27 am by Owlbread »

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Josip Broz Tito was pretty awesome as far as dictators go, as long as you weren't a political dissident.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I find it interesting, because generally UA propaganda is that there is no support from normal people in that regions, and all of the ones that protest and do other crap are people that are from russia/terrorist and that there is very little support  for federalization.
Well.... Position of Ukrainian government is the same from day one. Decentralization is desired by majority of the country and it is a good thing and it will be done. It has nothing to do with the "creation" of "people Donbass republic"

Not sure what decentralization has to do anything with what I posted or what the UK president said (if the translation was good). Federalization is not same as decentralization. He is talking about federalization and people supporting the creation of Lugansk and Donetsk republics.

Generally russia propaganda is saying that all people that are uprising in this regions are locals, while UK propaganda is saying they are all from russia/crimea, and there is no support from locals. Now, the truth is between it as always, but the thing is, even UK is now acknowledging that people in those regions are supporting independence, and that's why they have problems with the military operations there.
Make love not war

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have seen that interview. He said that many locals do support armed terrorist. That is not something to deny
He never told that majority supports them

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

Using UK for Ukraine instead of United Knigdom is confusing as hell.

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have seen that interview. He said that many locals do support armed terrorist. That is not something to deny
He never told that majority supports them
I know he did not say do majority of people support it or not, as he could not know, as same as we, we can only guess from how people act in those regions is there a majority support or not. But it is important that he acknowledge there is a lot of local support for local militia.
Make love not war

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Looks like more fighting is happening in Sloviansk, as ukraine forces are trying to take control over the city
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfJFklp7Ez0

Edit:
Another ukraine chopper Mi-24  shot down from heave machine gun in Sloviansk, which is not a surprise when they fly this low:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLVGTnB33_0
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 09:00:43 am by miljan »
Make love not war
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 136