Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Poll's closed.

Until I figure out how to un-close it, at least.
- 0 (0%)
So yeah.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: May 01, 2014, 02:06:40 pm

Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 136

Author Topic: Re: !!Post - USSR Politics Thread!!: On Lockdown Due to Excessive Politicking  (Read 156323 times)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sergarr
Like your hysteria. Not as you expected? You always said that there will be no resistance from Ukrainians and now when Russian got it you want to believe that it is a small group of fascist did it. No, Odessa said it is a Ukrainian city and doesn't want to become Russia. Guys from Russian occupied Moldova, Russian, guys from Eastern Ukraine and some locals decided to occupy a city, local residents disagreed. Less likely only local marginal Pro-Russian minority was present. Doesn't change much

Yeah, I went overboard with scum... Just emotional reaction to that "bloodthirsty Ukrainians killing innocent guys" rhetorics in this thread. Reaction to total ignoring of Ukrainians that were shot dead with talking only about Russian causalities who were "intentionally burned alive"

Guys that suffocated are not innocents*. They are enemies who had an intention to kill\maim as many Ukrainians as they could. They just lost the battle. I have some pity to that gullible fools that died trying to become Putin's subjects (+, if they were present, Russian\Moldavian citizens that died trying to bring Ukraine in the same place they live in) But I do believe that they got exactly what they deserved. I mourn our soldiers dying, not the ones of the enemy

*Some may be, but that is nature of any battle, war or conflict.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile

So, Mict is hatemongering, Owlbread is europeining, UR is periodically switching between hatemongering and being depressed, and mainiac is americaining,

I'm pretty sure attacking people and barricading yourselves in while throwing molotovs from the roof is a reasonable way to demonstrate differences of politics and totally not just to provocate further violence and distrust in an already strained nation, no sir.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile

Sergarr
Like your hysteria. Not as you expected? You always said that there will be no resistance from Ukrainians and now when Russian got it you want to believe that it is a small group of fascist did it. No, Odessa said it is a Ukrainian city and doesn't want to become Russia. Guys from Russian occupied Moldova, Russian, guys from Eastern Ukraine and some locals decided to occupy a city, local residents disagreed. Less likely only local marginal Pro-Russian minority was present. Doesn't change much

Yeah, I went overboard with scum... Just emotional reaction to that "bloodthirsty Ukrainians killing innocent guys" rhetorics in this thread. Reaction to total ignoring of Ukrainians that were shot dead with talking only about Russian causalities who were "intentionally burned alive"

Guys that suffocated are not innocents*. They are enemies who had an intention to kill\maim as many Ukrainians as they could. They just lost the battle. I have some pity to that gullible fools that died trying to become Putin's subjects (+, if they were present, Russian\Moldavian citizens that died trying to bring Ukraine in the same place they live in) But I do believe that they got exactly what they deserved. I mourn our soldiers dying, not the ones of the enemy

*Some may be, but that is nature of any battle, war or conflict.
You do realize that next time, they'll come in there with guns and grenades?

If you want war, you'll get one.
._.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So, Mict is hatemongering, Owlbread is europeining, UR is periodically switching between hatemongering and being depressed, and mainiac is americaining,

Owlbread is Europeaning. I enjoy this.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile

And I'm periodically sovietifying things a bit.
I should take a break, though. Participating in this international championship of mutual hatred on ethnic, political and ideological grounds is rather exhausting.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sergarr, You, Russians want war. And you want war were we will not resist and give up our country without a fight to "avoid bloodshed". Sorry, that will not happen. We will fight you.

You keep behaving as if Ukrainians started the events in Odessa... Nope, it started with an attack on a peaceful march.  Odessa residents decided to not swallow death of their neighbors and answered

How do you think, why they lost so badly?

First they are cowards, instead of picking up a fight they barricaded themselves in a building and started to shoot and throw molotovs from the roof. Should they pick up a fight on the street more of them would be alive

Second they are a marginal minority in Odessa, even with all that aid from other places and passive assistance from local police you can't fight against the whole city

Third. They are not ready to die for their ideals. People at Maydan never cried - NATO move troops in and save us. They just went and fought Berkut while being badly underequiped.
Those slaves are calling for Putin's aid from day one. They can attack Ukrainians only when they are sure that there will be no retribution. Like that campaign they start in social network to pick up Ukrainians one by one at their homes. Typical jackals
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile

When I read UR words, I keep thinking he must be from some other world.

EDIT: I shouldn't write with a headache.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 02:53:42 pm by Sergarr »
._.

BlindKitty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Plus, because they were throwing molotovs at people doesn't mean you should wish for their collective death.

Yeah, just because they want to kill us, we shouldn't want to kill them! Wake up, man. Wake up. Or they will come for you, too.
My little roguelike craft-centered game thread. Check it out.

GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

Just because they were throwing molotov doesn't mean they wanted to kill the Ukrainian either. Just like Maidan protesters were throwing molotovs at the police, but not stabbing to death all the Berkut members they captured.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 02:15:29 pm by Guardian G.I. »
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf

Emotions are running hot again in this thread.  :(

A question for Sergarr, Knit Tie and other Russian posters here - regarding Odessa incident, what does your media tell you about people who died in the fire? Or rather, how do they classify them? Peaceful protesters? Civilians? A word "martyr" has come up. But from what I've seen (and some sources were also posted few pages earlier), both sides were armed. Does your media mention that? Is there any talk about mutual violence of both sides involved (or am I wrong to assume that)?

Another thing I though interesting was that they demanded a referendum. Didn't the Ukrainian government offer one already?
And that's the thing I don't get. The parliament's practically the same. The same parliament these separatists voted in. The same parliament that approved of the Yatsenyuk government. The same government that immediately announced presidential re-elections. The same government whose PM vetoed the law abolishing the official language status of the Russian language. The same government that has shown it is willing to give more power to the regions. And yet the separatists still take to arms, shouting "fascism" wherever they go and are disregarding the fact that Svoboda constitutes only 7.8% of the parliament and 23% in the government.
Also this. I've been wondering this from the start of Crimean crisis.

What exactly is "illegitimate" about current Ukrainian government? Wasn't even Yanukovich overthrown according to accepted laws? (Deemed unfit and disposed via democratic voting, that is)
What am I missing here?

edit: just seen description of "Colorads" term...this is kinda hilarious, but I'm not sure if I should lough.
And I think people on the stream right now are singing something about Putin...sounds like "Putin bitch"

edit2:
Shit, another group with shileds and bats is on the scene...dunno which pro- side it is. Though probably pro-Ukraine, I can still hear "Glory to Ukraine" shouting from behind.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 02:25:39 pm by Sinistar »
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Apparently, Ukrainian nationalists in Odessa are going to the Kulikovo Pole again to "clean the city from Colorads"
Residents of Odessa, not Ukrainian nationalists. Not even all of them are ethnic Ukrainians, Odessa is a very cosmopolitan city.

If someone is curios why Colorads - it comes from Colorado potato beetle

And so it begins...
I don't even want to think what shit can happen in Crimea on May 18. It will be 70 years-anniversary of the deportation. Tatars will not be silent and they will not get a "permission" for demonstrations
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 02:24:35 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

Sinistar: the eviction of Yanukovitch wasn't valid under the 2010 consitution. And he didn't sign the 2004 constitution as he promised, so on purely legalistic terms, the current government isn't legitimate.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile

Just because they were throwing molotov doesn't mean they wanted to kill the Ukrainian either. Just like Maidan protesters were throwing molotovs at the police, but not stabbing to death all the Berkut members they captured.

A group of Russian nationals coming into a city, attacking a demonstration killing a local and obviously wanting to kill more to silence their voices, barricading themselves in a building and continuing to attack the local population and attempt to hold the neighborhood hostage. Comparable to riots perpetrated by and supported by enough of the population to take hold and not give up despite violence and attempts by the Russia-loyal police to suppress their voices? I think so, just the ones attempting to murder and silence the Ukranian people are outright Russian nationals in this situation. Thinking the actions in Odessa were anything besides a ginned up provocation in order to give the Putin coterie a soapbox to cry on is playing into the propaganda.

Once again, like UR said a long time ago, central Ukraine is not eastern Ukraine. Do you expect them to be invaded and be docile?
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 136