Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Poll's closed.

Until I figure out how to un-close it, at least.
- 0 (0%)
So yeah.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: May 01, 2014, 02:06:40 pm

Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 136

Author Topic: Re: !!Post - USSR Politics Thread!!: On Lockdown Due to Excessive Politicking  (Read 156406 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Re: !!Post - USSR Politics Thread!!: Righteous Idignation Edition.
« Reply #1725 on: May 03, 2014, 02:03:58 am »

Yeah, with this attitude the civil war is imminent.

Til a civil war is fought with almost entirely foreign troops on one side.

I wonder if Russian troops would end up getting caught in the crossfire between a pro-Russian and pro-Ukranian battle.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: May 03, 2014, 02:08:31 am »

Civil war? Nah, It is the war for Ukrainian Independence. Ukraine vs Russia and Russian loyalists.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: May 03, 2014, 02:13:07 am »

Civil war? Nah, It is the war for Ukrainian Independence. Ukraine vs Russia and Russian loyalists.

Nice take on that :D

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: !!Post - USSR Politics Thread!!: Righteous Idignation Edition.
« Reply #1728 on: May 03, 2014, 02:39:04 am »

After all, no one call the American War of Independence a Civil War, and it certainly was. :p

Anyway, nasty business in Odessa. It's hard to know exactly what happened, but one thing is certain: about 30 people were burned alive. That's, really, really bad. Poor guys.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: May 03, 2014, 04:52:59 am »

This footage (allegedly) shows fighting between Ukrainian and pro-Russian forces that happened today after midnight in Kramatorsk.
It actually appears to be depicting an incident when Ukrainian soldiers opened fire on a crowd of civilians blocking the road before an army column in Kramatorsk.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 05:12:08 am by Guardian G.I. »
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: May 03, 2014, 04:54:41 am »

So, is it officially a war now?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: May 03, 2014, 05:14:43 am »

Nope, but perhaps it is an armed conflict.

IIRC, to qualify as a war the conflict needs to last at least 1 year, and kill an average of a 1000 people a day.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #1732 on: May 03, 2014, 05:20:00 am »

This footage (allegedly) shows fighting between Ukrainian and pro-Russian forces that happened today after midnight in Kramatorsk.
It actually appears to be depicting an incident when Ukrainian soldiers opened fire on a crowd of civilians blocking the road before an army column in Kramatorsk.
Is it just me or does it seem there's quite a lot of shooting in the air involved? Coupled with cheering from the crowd? It's almost like they are celebrating instead of fighting...

Just an observation though.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: May 03, 2014, 05:22:58 am »

Nope, but perhaps it is an armed conflict.

IIRC, to qualify as a war the conflict needs to last at least 1 year, and kill an average of a 1000 people a day.

that's a modern definition, right?

i could shove a really big amount of wars that were less than a year long at you soooooo

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: May 03, 2014, 05:34:10 am »

Speaking about (some) Ukrainian reactions to the Odessa fire...
Quote from: Sergei Lukyanenko, Russian writer and author of the book "Night Watch", post translated by me
In the post about Odessa I've intentionally unlocked practically all comments from "the other side". Comments from people living on the Ukrainian territory.
Read it. It should be read.
Being able to hear the voice of hell is not something that occurs often.

I don't know how Russia will react. I don't even know how it should react. If someone asked me for advice, I wouldn't say anything.
USA is pushing us to send troops. That means it's a trap. That means we mustn't do it.
That means let Ukrainian-speaking Ukrainians burn Russian-speaking Ukrainians. We shouldn't rescue thousands if millions will get killed in the process.
Probably. I don't know.

I only know that you can't write "bacon", "we fried them", "they couldn't fly" and remain human.
Read it. They are very happy now. They've burned 50 people alive, and haven't been punished. They liked it.
(link to original)
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: May 03, 2014, 05:47:14 am »

"Choo-choo!", goes the hate train.

"Purge the heresy!", will soon go various genuinely righteous defenders of Russia and Ukraine.

I mean, UR has already exhibited a complete inability to believe that his side can be morally wrong.

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: May 03, 2014, 05:55:31 am »

It was posted on this thread though. I'll see if I can find it. Maybe those actually were the Ukranian APCs, no idea.

Edit: Looks like the video was taken down because the owner closed their account and I'll admit that I'm not sure what I saw, I think they were even going in circles with one of the vehichles and having a bit of fun in one part.

Is this the video?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRlqAorRUUk
It's the video of ukraine surrendered APC.
Make love not war

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #1737 on: May 03, 2014, 06:07:08 am »

Speaking about (some) Ukrainian reactions to the Odessa fire...
Quote from: Sergei Lukyanenko, Russian writer and author of the book "Night Watch", post translated by me
In the post about Odessa I've intentionally unlocked practically all comments from "the other side". Comments from people living on the Ukrainian territory.
Read it. It should be read.
Being able to hear the voice of hell is not something that occurs often.

I don't know how Russia will react. I don't even know how it should react. If someone asked me for advice, I wouldn't say anything.
USA is pushing us to send troops. That means it's a trap. That means we mustn't do it.
That means let Ukrainian-speaking Ukrainians burn Russian-speaking Ukrainians. We shouldn't rescue thousands if millions will get killed in the process.
Probably. I don't know.

I only know that you can't write "bacon", "we fried them", "they couldn't fly" and remain human.
Read it. They are very happy now. They've burned 50 people alive, and haven't been punished. They liked it.
(link to original)
You'd think someone like him would know better than to trust online comments sections of any sort to convey anything but the most extreme emotions of general target public..  :-\

Meanwhile, the not-quite-main-OSCE-mission observers have been freed in Sloviansk, together with some Ukrainian officers.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 06:12:20 am by Sinistar »
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Love, scriver~

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: May 03, 2014, 06:35:42 am »

Meanwhile in Russia, foreign kid's literature is corrupting the children.
Crimean Anschluss, book burnings, homophobia, censorship, crackdown on opposition, corruption, propaganda...

Oh the irony coming from a country hellbent on "ousting the fascists" in Ukraine. I guess they haven't polished that mirror in a long time...
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 136