Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Poll's closed.

Until I figure out how to un-close it, at least.
- 0 (0%)
So yeah.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: May 01, 2014, 02:06:40 pm

Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 136

Author Topic: Re: !!Post - USSR Politics Thread!!: On Lockdown Due to Excessive Politicking  (Read 156489 times)

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
Re: Re: !!Post - USSR Politics Thread!!: Righteous Idignation Edition.
« Reply #1620 on: April 30, 2014, 06:01:18 pm »

Now we just need pro-Russian and pro-Russian fighting each other.
Oh, they do. It's not televised, but we've had a pretty nasty fight between hardcore nationalists and hardcore communists in the neighbourhood recently.

I kind of meant in Ukraine, unless that's what you mean.
Oh, I am sure they are fighting there too.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: !!Post - USSR Politics Thread!!: Righteous Idignation Edition.
« Reply #1621 on: April 30, 2014, 11:01:58 pm »

Does anyone else think the Euro symbol looks like a croissant ?
*Ahem* Back to the earlier derail, after columbia the station operated for 2 years with less crew, however Soyuz capsules still delivered and retrieved crew every 6 months or so. Theres also the X37C which is supposed to carry 6 astronauts, I don't know if Boeing has finished any yet.
Anyway enough derail, How about them Russians eh? :/
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: May 01, 2014, 02:58:01 am »

The X37C is still in planning phase, IIRC.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
!!Post - USSR Politics Thread!!: Righteous Idignation Edition.
« Reply #1623 on: May 01, 2014, 03:18:56 am »

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #1624 on: May 01, 2014, 05:27:44 am »

I hate it when that happens.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1625 on: May 01, 2014, 07:03:31 am »

What is that from?
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: May 01, 2014, 07:44:13 am »

What is that from?

Some article where they omitted Belarus on the map I'm guessing.

Meanwhile: http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/05/01/us-ukraine-crisis-diplomat-idUSBREA400BG20140501

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 01:37:24 pm by Guardian G.I. »
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: May 01, 2014, 01:42:51 pm »

IMF Warns Ukraine: Fight For The East Or No Money
IF UKRAINE GOVERNMENT LOSES EFFECTIVE CONTROL OVER EAST OF COUNTRY, $17 BLN IMF BAILOUT WOULD NEED TO BE REDESIGNED

If that is true, then, dear terrorists in Donbass, I think you are in deep trouble... The current government may care not about safety of Ukrainian citizens or international prestige of Ukraine. But they do care about $17 BLN.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: May 01, 2014, 02:05:34 pm »

Fighting for money would not increase their competence, though. Rather, it would make them do stupid things.

Did you forget that Russia only needs a decent casus belli to crush the current Ukraine government?

Maybe you're secretly a Putin agent?
._.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: May 01, 2014, 02:35:48 pm »

Russia needs no casus beli. World will not accept almost any reason Putin will use, Russian will accept whatever justification Russian television will invent

Besides ignoring armed terrorist that kill and torture Ukrainians is worse than the war. Few months of doing nothing and that shit will spread to the whole country. It is a duty of the government  to eliminate guys like that.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: May 01, 2014, 03:10:29 pm »

Russia needs no casus beli. World will not accept almost any reason Putin will use, Russian will accept whatever justification Russian television will invent

Besides ignoring armed terrorist that kill and torture Ukrainians is worse than the war. Few months of doing nothing and that shit will spread to the whole country. It is a duty of the government  to eliminate guys like that.
So basically:

Ukrainian forces start cleansing Eastern Ukraine of armed separatists.
Ukrainian forces erect blockades around occupied buildings to clear the buildings.
Putin loses his megalomaniacally fueled mind and declares war on Ukraine for keeping the country safe and intact.
NATO intervenes.
Russia launches nukes.
NATO nukes Russia.
China picks up the now radioactive pieces.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: May 01, 2014, 03:14:55 pm »

What I like that some Russians do question Putin's leadership
Spoiler: And want a new leader (click to show/hide)
Hope it is shopped or that they are trolls
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 03:17:18 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: May 01, 2014, 03:42:49 pm »

So basically:

Ukrainian forces start cleansing Eastern Ukraine of armed separatists.
Ukrainian forces erect blockades around occupied buildings to clear the buildings.
Putin loses his megalomaniacally fueled mind and declares war on Ukraine for keeping the country safe and intact.
NATO intervenes.
Russia launches nukes.
NATO nukes Russia.
Why would NATO intervene? Ukraine is not in NATO and NATO is not a generic peacekeeping force.
._.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #1634 on: May 01, 2014, 04:04:22 pm »

NATO intervenes.
Russia launches nukes.
NATO nukes Russia.

NATO won't intervene, nukes aren't in the picture.

Worst case scenario: NATO aggressively arms and supplies Ukrainian partisans, and it makes such a large difference Russia launches raids on NATO/partisan supply lines outside of Ukraine.

That's when we can start worrying.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 04:08:11 pm by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 136