Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Poll's closed.

Until I figure out how to un-close it, at least.
- 0 (0%)
So yeah.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: May 01, 2014, 02:06:40 pm

Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 136

Author Topic: Re: !!Post - USSR Politics Thread!!: On Lockdown Due to Excessive Politicking  (Read 156581 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: !!Post - USSR Politics Thread!!: Righteous Idignation Edition.
« Reply #1515 on: April 27, 2014, 08:13:39 pm »

So, apparently the pro-ruskie eastern ukrainians OR Right Sector guys (I dunno which - both, maybe?) are now posting execution videos to youtube. They are getting taken down pretty quickly, but also popping back up in other places. I think there's... two different ones? It may just be one that keeps popping up, I honestly can't stomache watching them... so yeah...

(Note sure if this has already been mentioned, I did skip a few pages while catching up.)

Edit: It's only one and it certainly appears to be from Right Sector... but there's also some evidence that it's fake, and also evidence the people involved are not in Right Sector at all... so...

Cuts from the video (minus the parts where someone was posssibly killed) include the following words:
http://i.imgur.com/4WkRuOO.gif
http://i.imgur.com/oCUUlny.gif
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 08:19:15 pm by GlyphGryph »

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: April 27, 2014, 08:28:06 pm »

I could post my position Ranger but it would make you angrier. Suffice to say that I am very much in favor of strong action against the separatists (and hell, Right Sector too.)

I can stomach watching executions. Just takes a moment to fight down the disgust. I can only find one video, one in Russian showing the slitting the throat of a man by a few goons of what they call Right Sector (I don't know the language, but he says something about Russia before he starts cutting his throat; although, it's not clear whether for or against). Probably would have been worse if they hadn't duct taped his mouth. There's a woman nearby, and she screams plenty, but she isn't actually watching (being held down) and doesn't seem to be in immediate danger beyond her company. He's plenty dead though, the camera man (who is whom? I don't know.) takes a moment at the end to linger on the blood coming out.

*Sees imgur links* yeah it's the same video. Now that I think about it, there are some pretty fake looking elements, thought I can't judge. First and only comment calls bull. Appears to be from "LiveLeak.com", a tabloid-esque far-right US website. There is another from a Russian account, but it's the same video.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 08:40:49 pm by misko27 »
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: April 27, 2014, 08:36:27 pm »

Actually, it's NOT the same video - this is one of a dude getting hanged.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Re: !!Post - USSR Politics Thread!!: Righteous Idignation Edition.
« Reply #1518 on: April 27, 2014, 08:42:50 pm »

I've never heard LiveLeak called "tabloid" or "far-right"...?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: April 27, 2014, 09:36:04 pm »

Actually, it's NOT the same video - this is one of a dude getting hanged.
Interesting; that very same screen (or type of screen, words are different I think) appeared in the video I watched.
I've never heard LiveLeak called "tabloid" or "far-right"...?
I calls it as I sees it.
*Worriedly checks again*
Maybe Libertarian then. Related to redneck. But I don't know, I think; *checks again* actually no, I will stand by that. But maybe I spend too much time around the stuff to not notice. The constant condemnations of Clive Bundy indicate either left (denouncing him for being a nutty right-winger acting racist) or right (denouncing him for racism or making them look bad depending) wing. And it ain't left-wing.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 09:38:52 pm by misko27 »
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: April 27, 2014, 10:46:33 pm »

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/28/world/europe/ukraine.html?_r=0

Um, not sure if they released one of the detainees? The article itself doesn't seem to actually say that.

Edit: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-27182408 Okay so one of them was released due to medical reasons (supposedly), and it doesn't look like the detainees are being treated very well.

Edit2: http://www.theledger.com/article/20140427/NEWS/140429252?Title=Crisis-In-Ukraine-Captured-Observers-Address-Media Oh those were the captured Ukranian security guards......

I agree with XXsockXX, the Ukranian government is between a rock and a hard place. The Russians have already demanded that the observers be released, so it's definetly not in Russia's interests for the pro-russian activists to capture those observer guys. I wonder what would have happened if there was a russian in the group.

Edit3: When looking around in the news stuff on google, I found this http://www.themoscowtimes.com/opinion/article/ukraine-is-putins-last-stand/498985.html (english) The term 'last stand' here being used in this context made me laugh. I'm not sure if the author is aware of 'Custer's last stand at Bull Horn', but somehow the title just strikes me as funny. Maybe because I'm thinking in the context of Custer's last stand and I dunno.

Maybe you guys have a Russian equivalent of Custer's last stand or something, I dunno. Also, could someone find the Russian language article just in case something got lost in translation?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 11:30:31 pm by smjjames »

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: April 27, 2014, 11:43:45 pm »

I totally always thought of LiveLeak as another version of YouTube, not a news agency >_> But a YouTube that deals mostly in politics. I guess...

Never really thought about it? Didn't ever seem to matter. :V
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: April 28, 2014, 12:56:11 am »

So, apparently the pro-ruskie eastern ukrainians OR Right Sector guys (I dunno which - both, maybe?) are now posting execution videos to youtube. They are getting taken down pretty quickly, but also popping back up in other places. I think there's... two different ones? It may just be one that keeps popping up, I honestly can't stomache watching them... so yeah...

(Note sure if this has already been mentioned, I did skip a few pages while catching up.)

Edit: It's only one and it certainly appears to be from Right Sector... but there's also some evidence that it's fake, and also evidence the people involved are not in Right Sector at all... so...

Cuts from the video (minus the parts where someone was posssibly killed) include the following words:
http://i.imgur.com/4WkRuOO.gif
http://i.imgur.com/oCUUlny.gif
Haven't seen the video, but reading the text on screenshots I think it is yet another Russian fake about atrocities of Right Sector. Oh, and whoever wrote the text he used to much exclamation marks

If such video would be true or at least a good fake it would explode in twiters I follow

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #1523 on: April 28, 2014, 05:28:41 am »

Seems the separatists have also waltzed into the state TV studio. Who are 'still broadcasting'.

Question:
I can understand not attacking buildings they've already taken, but why stand aside for them?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 05:35:52 am by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: April 28, 2014, 05:51:10 am »

I don't have access to the article right now but I read that the EU's new sanctions are just stronger versions of the old ones - travel bans on people close to Putin etc. Also some kind of sanction on Russian high tech exports or something.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: April 28, 2014, 05:58:09 am »

russia has notable high-tech exports?

i thought they were lagging rather significantly when it comes to civilian electronics

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: April 28, 2014, 06:14:17 am »

Not civilian high-tech, industrial one. That we have plenty.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: April 28, 2014, 06:25:19 am »

Actually, they're US sanctions. The ban is on the sale of high-tech military equipment to Russia (I guess they're trying to coerce the French into not delivering those Mistral ships) and also aim to target the defense industry. I don't think the US or EU buy a lot of Russian kit, so I don't think this will be very effective.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: April 28, 2014, 06:44:43 am »

Remember that Cossack guy? Yep, Russian alright.

Mayor of Kharkiv shot.

Separatists have also appeared in Kostiantynivka, neighbouring Sloviansk.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: April 28, 2014, 06:50:39 am »

Yeah, Russians, apparently a protest tourist on the run from the Russian police. What I really wonder is where their kit come from.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 136